Author Topic: Arena is full?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Arena is full?
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
miss silat and her sidekick mrs del were up to something in 190's the other night.....i tried joining them, but i think mrs del kept getting booted, and miss silat kept jumping around arenas....... :noid

Those weren't 190's. Silat & Del have been working on a secret P-38 cloaking device which make their' icons appear as 190 A8's. I shudder to think what will happen once they perfect the software.  :t

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
Bad Parents don't teach their kids a say.... I'm sorry for jumping on you.....it sounded a little sarcastic, because I'm getting irritated every time there's an issue on here, folks blame the connection. Simply put, I'm watching my connection very close. I'm aware it's not lightening fast, but when the packets are lost at AH and no where in between....? anyway, in typed words you can't hear someone's tone and it easy to get P.O.'ed by "hearing your own irritation reflected back at you". I was not trying to be an ass. I've heard others complain about Full Arenas and thought I might have some insight here.  :old:  Old farts get pissy quick.

We "Old Farts" don't have enough time left to go beating around the bush. :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »
Bad Parents don't teach their kids a say.... I'm sorry for jumping on you.....it sounded a little sarcastic, because I'm getting irritated every time there's an issue on here, folks blame the connection. Simply put, I'm watching my connection very close. I'm aware it's not lightening fast, but when the packets are lost at AH and no where in between....? anyway, in typed words you can't hear someone's tone and it easy to get P.O.'ed by "hearing your own irritation reflected back at you". I was not trying to be an ass. I've heard others complain about Full Arenas and thought I might have some insight here.  :old:  Old farts get pissy quick.

If the problem was AcesHigh then it would affect everybody.

You would see multiple 100 page threads in several of the forums full of the hundreds of players screaming about the problem within the first day of it happening.

Since that obviously is not what is going on then the problem is either on your end, or somewhere between you and AcesHigh.

If it was somewhere between you and AcesHigh there is very little that can be done.  I have had problem hops in my route to AcesHigh and ended up changing ISP's to fix it.

If it is on your end it can be fixed and a polite post in Technical Support with the top part of a DirectX Diag. would be where to start.  The player base here is very helpful and I am sure they can get you fixed quick if you are willing to log the time and effort.

I was flying yesterday not long after the arena caps kicked in.  I commented to a squaddie that I would be miffed if this was my prime time.  One arena had 50 ish and I think the other had something like 110.

I would love for HTC to bump the changeover time a few hours so the Euro players can have more numbers.

Even bumping it to 1-2pm Central would help.

3pm Central might be better.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »
Those weren't 190's. Silat & Del have been working on a secret P-38 cloaking device which make their' icons appear as 190 A8's. I shudder to think what will happen once they perfect the software.  :t
:rofl :rofl
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »
It's something that conflicts with ah for some of us.  Skuzzy is aware and is working in it.  But I hate it too when discoes are automatically blamed on the connection.  Couple of months back vox was causing some people to disco that initially was also blamed on the connection.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »
Everyone knows Disco was the Bee Gee's fault.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 03:28:37 PM »
Everyone knows Disco was the Bee Gee's fault.
Hooo Hawww! Bee Gee's Disco, I thougfht it was John Ravolting.
Yes My fire wall doesn't like Java. It's full of crap that messes up your PC.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,