Author Topic: How to stop hordes?  (Read 4262 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: How to stop hordes?
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 12:53:41 AM »
:headscratch: am i missing the punch line or something?

...The Aristocrats
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 01:01:23 AM »
They let you in The Few? You are the punch line.

You'll fit right in BiPolar.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 05:31:03 AM »
type .unhorde  and press enter
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2010, 06:06:14 AM »
It wasn’t difficult to predict the next base from one or two obvious candidates.  Yet, an effective defense never materialized.

Personally, I've got no problem at all with "hordes" as you call 'em. They can be dealt with effectively, however
it requires a cadre of pilots working together, who won't just fly around in circles over the base they're defending
at an altitude of 50 feet hoping to get a single kill regardless of the fact they'll die as well in short order; and probably
due so -before- getting that kill.

A horde generates a herd, which is subsequently corraled and slaughtered at its own field.

In any event, no matter how one perceives these "hordes", they do in fact generate some exciting fights,
so the more, the merrier, IMHO.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
  Personally, I've got no problem at all with "hordes" as you call 'em. They can be dealt with effectively, however
it requires a cadre of pilots working together, who won't just fly around in circles over the base they're defending
at an altitude of 50 feet hoping to get a single kill regardless of the fact they'll die as well in short order; and probably
due so -before- getting that kill.

A horde generates a herd, which is subsequently corraled and slaughtered at its own field.

In any event, no matter how one perceives these "hordes", they do in fact generate some exciting fights,
so the more, the merrier, IMHO.

Heya Oddball,
good to see you still around, Sir

I have to agree with ya, especially on the Bold Text part of your post.....

get 2 to 4 players who work good together ( comms& winging ) and go and fly around the incoming conveyor belt to the field(fields ) they are upping from. and keep them pinned down.....

while sending out several others in groups of 1 to 3 to knock out all their front line barracks, Fuel, ordances and GV Hangars and Radar towers

this will slow the horde down, to almost a complete stop on your contry front with theirs.. they will just switch up and go fight the other country. possibly leaving you with no more fight with them... making you have to go jump on the other 3rd country as well......

the idea is to not completely take them out of the game play with your side. but just slow them down enough tomake for some good fighting.....

or the best defense is a good offense........ try to take the base they are flying out of to come and attempt taking your base..... turn the tables to where they are having to defend their bases, rather than you having to defend yours.....

the main thing is, just have fun

:cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »
They let you in The Few? You are the punch line.

You'll fit right in BiPolar.

perdweeb
Speaking of fitting. Your napoleon complex is very entertaining. You need to get out more. I know there are things to do in knoxville, or do you not meet the height requirements?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
When the heck you coming back Bip?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
sausages
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »
Grocery Bag
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2010, 10:10:35 AM »

As I said above, no one wants to get their hands dirty and fight. They want to avoid fights by sneaking undefended bases or by smashing the defenders with a 10-1 numbers advantage.

Speak for yourself on that one.  I know lots of guys who love to get their hands dirty and fight.  Low wading into the mob is always good fun :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »
  It doesnt matter really what you do. You either fight it and become vulch targets, or defeat it and they suddenly appear at another base thats undefended. Gets old. The whole base take thing just isnt part of my game anymore. I liked it for awhile, and I can understand why folks do it. The hoard thing wouldnt even be so bad if they just stayed at the fight rather than moving on when they find resistance.

~AoM~

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »
I'm surprised no one said "put up a red light with a cardboard cutout Cop standing next to it".
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2010, 11:28:15 AM »
I'm surprised no one said "put up a red light with a cardboard cutout Cop standing next to it".
:rofl 
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »
To TC: Well said, ive been thinking the same thing just didnt feel like putting it into my own words... Couldn't agree any more.   :aok
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »
Cant stand the hordes in general, last two nights always seem to get jumped by 4 to 6 guys hunting in a pack,  heck i dont mind a  2v1 ( never expect a 1v1 anymore)  but for craps sakes why all 5 dive in like a pack of starving dogs ill never know, well i do know but ill keep that to myself...
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch