Author Topic: Does this exist :)  (Read 6467 times)

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
Does this exist :)
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »
A squad that:

1) Values fighter skill, and no I don't mean the running away timid kind (which I define here as a K/H of >5). I mean ACMing
2) Members that have a sense of humor, can dish it out and take it and still laugh about it.
3) Members that are willing to help other members get better, and make a deliberate attempt at doing so.
4) Is almost devoid of politics, IE no ranks (other than a CO or whatever) and members are just...members.

If so, who/what/when/where/why :)

PJ
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
Re: Does this exist :)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
well,

Loose Deuce fighter scores

Kills per Death + 1     2.38    39
Kills per Sortie            1.26    41
Kills per Hour of Flight    5.15    85
Kills Hit Percentage    6.43    73
Kill Points                    326837.31    1

we are in kill points for fighters on place No 1 since more than a year in LWA, because mostly we don't fly the uber planes.You can find us often in eny 15 or 20 planes, thats the reason we have the most Kill points there. We only accept pilots above 21 because of the special sense of humor of some members  :angel:
The LD won the Squadron duelling league season 1, so i think we got some fighter skills, but at least we try to setup a great teamplay. Induvidual pilot skills like KD KH and hit ratio is a nice to have, but without having a team SA its nothing worth from LDs point of view
But at least fresh pilots should be average pilots, otherwise they frustration level get too high for new member! Good sportsmenship, no ego drama, good laughs with your buddies on TS and a nice teamplay where everyone shares kills.

I am pretty sure there are much more squadrons which fullfill your needs, but sometime it looks like it might not an easy find

<S>

dhy
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:14:40 PM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
1) Values fighter skill, and no I don't mean the running away timid kind (which I define here as a K/H of >5). I mean ACMing

This one is loaded on the front end a bit.  At times it is necessary to fight in a manner that is not direct, and involves a lot of attack and retreat to whittle away at the enemy.  Some call this timid, which is a misnomer.  It is a valuable set of skills to have in your toolbag, in addition to the turn & burn ACM skill set I believe you are referring to.  So to answer your question, Yes the Pigs value a rounded fighter pilot skillset-including BnZ, E-fighting and TNB.

2) Members that have a sense of humor, can dish it out and take it and still laugh about it.

The Pigs have made me pee myself on too many occasions... :rofl

3) Members that are willing to help other members get better, and make a deliberate attempt at doing so.

I would say we help anyone who asks, but do we have a deliberate training program?  No.

4) Is almost devoid of politics, IE no ranks (other than a CO or whatever) and members are just...members.

I try to avoid talking politics and religion with friends and customers.  Not everyone has that personal control.  No Pig is valued more than others, and the CO's are more shepherds than order giving SOB's.

:salute

Way

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 02:35:14 PM »
the 582 is all about ACMs, although we also help each other make it back to base if possible and if necessary.

we laugh all the time :aok

we try our hardest for number 3

We got ranks but not much of a rank tree. CO/XO and FLs
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »
39th FS  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:51:58 PM »
^^^^^^^^^

What he said !

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »
A squad that:

49th fighter group.

1) we are mostly dogfighters/furballers, and don't really do much of the "win teh warz" crap asside from some occational bombing of ordinance and fuel.

2) so long as there are enough people on to have a conversation, and a conversation is wanted, you'll always find one. You'll need to be able to sit through some of the more lewd remarks though, and razzing the CO is perfectly acceptable.

3) we're always willing to help one another. Just last week, our XO left a good fight to help me set up a gunsight for the WGr21 rockets in the DA. Took about half an hour to get set up and adjust the gunsight. I'm more of a GV'er though, so don't come to me for ACM help.

4) We have ranks, but they don't mean chit. Officially, I'm a Colonel in my squad, but I've taken orders from a leiutenant when he knows more than me about the type of hijinx we're up to. I've also given orders to our CO when we were in GV's.

Contact me on the BB's, or talk to anyone with the numbers 49 followed by some letters in the game. Our websight is currently out of date, and our new one isn't finished yet, so bear with us. We're rooks for the next 3 days, untill we go knit on the 15th, in the interest of international relations  :D. In all seriousness though, try and be polite when talking to players from another squad or country. Vox 149 if you see us on.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:06:05 PM by Nemisis »
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »
A squad that:

PJ

PJ...visit POTW site at www.pigsonthewing.org and fly with us on vox 189 knight.  You know me and Krup get down with the fight...just request his wing :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 01:09:08 AM »
Sounds like you are describing Kommando Nowotny to me.

We do events by the way. I will not boast about fighter scores however. Look us up if you dare.  :salute

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »
 :banana:
In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 01:37:41 AM »
MUPPETS ROCK!!

:airplane: :joystick: :airplane: :joystick: :airplane:

THE REST SUCK.............popsicles?????  :headscratch:

:neener: :neener: :neener:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:rock :rock
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 02:25:18 AM »
A squad that:

PJ

Yes, in many different squads.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 02:53:19 AM »
A squad that:

PJ

Devil's vtards.  :aok
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 03:17:11 AM »
In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 03:37:02 AM »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets