Author Topic: Plane vs Plane Thread  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
Plane vs Plane Thread
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
I'm hoping this is appropriate for Help and Training since it could be a useful learning tool. If not I'll move it elsewhere.

1. Post a match-up as [plane x] against [plane y]

2. Followup poster describes how plane x can defeat plane y, then posts another match-up

E.G.

Post 1: Brewster against La-7

Post 2: TURN YOU IDIOT TURN!  Mustang against Mossie.

You can be as detailed or as brief as you want, but the idea is to be helpful or at least entertaining.

First Match Up:

Dora against Spit Sixteen

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Re: Plane vs Plane Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:54:08 PM »
Don't up in the first place. 51 v K4

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »
Keep your speed up, hang on to your e, make him bleed off his avoiding your attacks and for the love of dog don't follow him up into the vertical.

P47N against Dora

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
Keep your speed up, hang on to your e, make him bleed off his avoiding your attacks and for the love of dog don't follow him up into the vertical.

P47N against Dora
Avoid the Ho shot from the Dora. Reverse and kill him after his stick stirring subsides.

P38L vs KI84
Lighten up Francis

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:03:09 PM »
Don't up in the first place. 51 v K4

I disagree with this, there used to be plenty of 51 sticks who could give a k4 a run for its money but they all seem to have disappeared  :lol what gives?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:25:23 PM »
I disagree with this, there used to be plenty of 51 sticks who could give a k4 a run for its money but they all seem to have disappeared  :lol what gives?
Skat is on leave and don't know where Steve is. The rest are in training. P38L vs KI84  ;)
Lighten up Francis

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 06:03:17 AM »
Skat is on leave and don't know where Steve is. The rest are in training. P38L vs KI84  ;)

GrmRpr was the best 51 stick I came across although he needs a personality transplant!  :D

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
Uh, actually I posted how a 51 could beat a K4.  "Don't up in the first place" was with regards to a Dora vs. a Spitsteen.

Now about the 38L vs Ki84?  :)

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »
Turn to the right. Use flaps. Hang the 84 in the vertical towards the right.

K4 vs NIKI
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:39:22 PM »
I disagree with this, there used to be plenty of 51 sticks who could give a k4 a run for its money but they all seem to have disappeared  :lol what gives?

I was posting on the subject of dora vs spixteen. A pony can definately hold its own against k4. you just have to be smart and know when to disengage and reset the fight. While it may able to make a few turns, extended fights are not advised, but that is very general. You'd have to use your own judgment on whether you can press the attack, or need to reset. To winfrom a typical merge requires either a very e-managing merge, or an extremely tight merge using the high-speed flaps. Generally, the latter is more easily defeated by the k4, as all he has to do is match or roughly match your turn, as he can gain E much faster than a 51. The former, on the other hand usually results in a necesarry E advantage, as the 51 has a better zoom climb, atleast from my experiences. You have to be pretty fast converting said E into angles though, as the E states will ultimately be evened out, at which point it is advised to reset and try again. Being patient is key. I've had the pleasure of fighting plenty of very good K4 sticks, and this tactic fairs very well for the most part.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:45:51 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline INSANO2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »
Uh, actually I posted how a 51 could beat a K4.  "Don't up in the first place" was with regards to a Dora vs. a Spitsteen.

Now about the 38L vs Ki84?  :)

38L vs the Ki84 is no fight, only chance the 38 has is to bring a niki and a zeke along with him and hope his wingmen are good sticks!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »
I was posting on the subject of dora vs spixteen. A pony can definately hold its own against k4. you just have to be smart and know when to disengage and reset the fight. While it may able to make a few turns, extended fights are not advised, but that is very general. You'd have to use your own judgment on whether you can press the attack, or need to reset. To winfrom a typical merge requires either a very e-managing merge, or an extremely tight merge using the high-speed flaps. Generally, the latter is more easily defeated by the k4, as all he has to do is match or roughly match your turn, as he can gain E much faster than a 51. The former, on the other hand usually results in a necesarry E advantage, as the 51 has a better zoom climb, atleast from my experiences. You have to be pretty fast converting said E into angles though, as the E states will ultimately be evened out, at which point it is advised to reset and try again. Being patient is key. I've had the pleasure of fighting plenty of very good K4 sticks, and this tactic fairs very well for the most part.

Sorry TJ got my wires crossed mate  :salute

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 05:52:46 PM »
Sorry TJ got my wires crossed mate  :salute

Thought so, seeing as its been my main ride for the past four or five months  ;)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 09:18:18 PM »
Insano you get to post a matchup next.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
Should be an interesting thread <S>
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>