Author Topic: K. I am buying aces high II anyone mind explaining radios to me tho?  (Read 638 times)

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
I am buying aces high II tonight, thanks to overwelming responses from the community %100 said buy it :D well I am a bomber pilot and I want to know about radio
chatter.
Can you hear enemy radio? how do you voice chat? is there a way to talk to everyone on your team at once (bishops,knights,rooks)
ok main thing is so, how many radio station thingys are there, how do I change station, and how do I talk over it?

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: K. I am buying aces high II anyone mind explaining radios to me tho?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »
Radio is the transmission of signals by modulation of electromagnetic waves with frequencies below those of visible light. Electromagnetic radiation travels by means of oscillating electromagnetic fields that pass through the air and the vacuum of space. Information is carried by systematically changing (modulating) some property of the radiated waves, such as amplitude, frequency, phase, or pulse width. When radio waves pass an electrical conductor, the oscillating fields induce an alternating current in the conductor. This can be detected and transformed into sound or other signals that carry information
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »
I didnt ask for a science lesson, I asked how I use them.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
Seriously though, have a quick read of the manual and if your still having trouble use the orange help channel and type your questions to trainers.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
Thanks phatzo +1  :rock

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 12:00:21 AM »
In order to talk, you need to press the "/" button on your keyboard. This brings up your radio. There are four text vox channels and one voice vox channel to choose from. Each channel vox can be tuned to a different number. It's really easy to use once you play around with it some. Now to answer your questions:

1. You cannot hear enemy radio chatter. The only thing you can do is tune one of your text channels to channel 200. This is a public channel where a lot of people in the arena will watermelon chat.
2. To use voice, there are two things you need to know. First, tune your "V" channel to whichever channel you would like, perhaps to your squad channel. You talk into your vox channel by pressing "T". Now you can also transmit your voice in Range by pressing F12. People nearby will hear your voice. I believe the Range channel has a range of around 15 miles or so.
3. You can talk to your team (country) by tuning one of your vox channels to number "2". That is the country channel. Everyone in your country can see your text as you type. Enemies will not see what you type in your country channel.

Hope this answers your questions.  :salute
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »
Enemies will not see what you type in your country channel.

So they say.
 :noid
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Online Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 12:06:06 AM »
Can you hear enemy radio?

Not unless they and you are tuned to the same channel and if the channel # is 200 or greater.

how do you voice chat?

Pressing F12 and talking broadcasts your voice on the range channel.  Everyone on your country in range will hear you.

Pressing the "t" key and talking broadcasts your voice on whatever channel radio 5 is tuned to.  This is used by squads to talk to each other.

is there a way to talk to everyone on your team at once (bishops,knights,rooks)

For voice, only the above two options.

For text typing, there are also various channels.  Channel 2 is the general all-country channel (everyone in your country seeing it).  Channel 200 by convention is the everyone channel (altough some people don't tune a radio to channel 200 because they don't care to see all of the banter).

ok main thing is so, how many radio station thingys are there, how do I change station, and how do I talk over it?

To talk on a voice radio, see above.  To type into a text radio, you hit the key corresponding to the radio.  Pressing the "/" key brings up radio 1.  "Shift-/" brings up radio 2, and so on (you will see them when you hit "/" key for example).  Type some text into the buffer and press "Enter" key.  Your text will be broadcast on that radio's channel.

There are four text radios (1-4) and one voice radio (radio 5).  You change the channel on a radio by typing, for example, ".radio 5 132" to tune radio 5 to channel 132.  Or you can click in the channel indicator of the radio you are interested in and type in the channel.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 06:37:44 AM »
I'm surprised nobody gave you a link to the Trainer's website page for the radio...

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/radio/radio.htm
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:56:51 AM »
I didnt ask for a science lesson, I asked how I use them.

So I guess we arent going to learn about propagation using sporadic E and ducting?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 07:30:10 AM »
In order to talk, you need to press the "/" button on your keyboard. This brings up your radio. There are four text vox channels and one voice vox channel to choose from. Each channel vox can be tuned to a different number. It's really easy to use once you play around with it some. Now to answer your questions:

1. You cannot hear enemy radio chatter. The only thing you can do is tune one of your text channels to channel 200. This is a public channel where a lot of people in the arena will chit chat.

So that is what 200 is used for.       :D  :bolt:

:salute

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook