Author Topic: X36 USB, CH Pro Rudder USB and Win2K??  (Read 369 times)

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
X36 USB, CH Pro Rudder USB and Win2K??
« on: September 03, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
I'm having some problems with a fresh install of Win2k.  I cannot get my CH Pro USB rudders to work correctly with my Saitek X36 (Digital) USB.

When I "select" the joystick in AH setup, my rudders always show up first, thus they are set for all my controls like roll, pitch, etc.

I've verified that the CH Pro Rudders are on device #2 and the X36 is device #1.  When I go into setup on AH they get moved around but only in AH not in Win2K.

I know there was a similar problem with Win98/ME but I used a driver file and it fixed it.  I cannot find any drivers that say they will work on Win2k.

I know someone out there has this setup, HELP!

Pent 4 1.7
512 RDRAM PC800
GeForce 2 Ultra 64meg
SB Live!

Mox

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Mox ]

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
You're a bit stuck with win2k - the Saitek Driver is in beta and doesn't have any of the SGE programmable stuff yet - you can download this from www.saitekusa.com

or straight from the ftp
Saitek Beta files (look for SDBeta.exe)

But AH can sort out the rest, cos it doesn't care what turns up first once you've set it up - just select the Saitek then click on the set all inputs button in Setup -> joy stick -> select joystick

Then just select the Rudder, select the CH Pedals and then Z-Axis (or slider) and click on set input.
Do the same for the Brakes - left brake = x axis, right brake = y axis

There is also a 3rd Party Win2k programmable driver - you can download that, if you don't mind getting really esoteric, from the excellent Ron Hunt's Saitek help site (right at the bottom of the utilities bit - although I think there's a more up-to-date driver on Dhauzimmer's own website: I can't remember the url - it's in the readme.txt of the driver)-

http://saitekhelp.simhq.com/
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
Installed the beta 2000 Saitek drivers.  I manualy mapped everything in AH and I still can't use any hats (for views) and none of my fire buttons work.

At this point all I have working is throttle, rudders and basic stick movement (no buttons on either controller work).

I'm reading of Rob Hunts site now.

I guess I just assumed someone had all this worked out since Win2K has been out so long now!

Thanks for the help!