Author Topic: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »
 :rofl :rofl

Ya and I want my money back by the way sir.  When you said he was and organ grinder I thought you meant he played one of those box thingies.  I didn't know you meant he'd find all of the blunt objects in your house and try to .. umm never mind.  Free monkey too good home and all.. Craigslist here I come..
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »
Used to work with a guy who had a monkey. It was his wife's idea. The monkey had its' own room with a special latch on the door. Wasn't long before the monkey figured out how the latch worked. This guy comes home from work and the monkey had run loose in the house all day. Refrigerator door was open, milk all over the floor. Water was running in the bathtub. All the kitchen cupboards were open, breakfast cereal thrown all over the place. Cushions all ripped off the furniture, beds were a mess, broken dishes you name it. Last I heard he still has the monkey only it "sits" on his fireplace mantle. Never gives him any trouble though.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »
 :rofl
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:30 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

I had a pet like that once only I called it my 'wife'.  Creating havoc, hate, discontent, and creating her own gravitational field with an ever expanding gluteus maximus,  for someone else now I would imagine :D

*edit

I think we've strayed off topic a bit ;)

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
*sigh*

FINE... I'll Fedex the monkey on Monday....

HAPPY NOW HUH?  

Be careful.  He HO's, vulches, and poops in your shoes.  :)

HMMMM, poops in your shoes, eh?  Maybe I could train the TM (Trunk Monkey) to do that pooping thing off the tail of the airplane while checking six for me.....could be a really nice distraction on your windshield.   :O

P.S. Can't wait to see the Fedex truck pull up tomorrow.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 10:53:17 AM »
everyone good with the rules?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 11:58:49 AM »
Good here.  Sorry for wandering off in the bar ditch.  :aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
yes sir... good to go and I'm sorry for straying too :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »
everyone good with the rules?

just one question.......i presume you know the rep. of the 80th? if by some chance i were able to convince them to do this......would our mass silliness and lack of coordination be acceptable?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »
Anyone who likes the basic setup, (no icons, dust storms, etc) is OK by me.  The more the merrier.  Bring em' on!  :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 05:13:23 PM »
Anyone who likes the basic setup, (no icons, dust storms, etc) is OK by me.  The more the merrier.  Bring em' on!  :salute

i flew in there for a bit yesterday. something i noticed, is that it was almost easier to spot cons outside of icon range...which really makes no sense since there's no icons in there anyway.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 08:16:32 PM »
just one question.......i presume you know the rep. of the 80th? if by some chance i were able to convince them to do this......would our mass silliness and lack of coordination be acceptable?

yes it would be. we'll take anyone, including you guys. but if i catch anyone with my sheep in their back seat   :furious.....well lets just say it better not happen!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 07:25:11 AM »
A question to the AVAR's, Pigs, and potential walk-ons as well...

What are the thoughts on dropping hangars, ords, dar, ack, etc?  I thought we should get this out there, and get everyone's thoughts.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
the way i see it, its like this. the object is to capture the other guys' base. in the case of an air base, you want to take out the town, but the other guy is on the defensive and ups every thing he can to defend the town and the base. the only way to gain air superiority is to kill fighter hanger, bomber hangers ords, ack etc. there is nothing sacred about taking the other guys property.

I've also re-thought the whole vulching thing. if you're trying to take the town and you have 2 guys cover the air base, vulching is going to happen. you'd be crazy not to. therefore this is my thought. Vulching is fair game if the guy is taking off or landing. i would say, if he's got his wheels down and is landing, give him a break cause there are no extra points for killing the guy. The civil thing to do is let him land. On take off and you're trying to take a base, all bets are off!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 08:10:36 AM »
the way i see it, its like this. the object is to capture the other guys' base. in the case of an air base, you want to take out the town, but the other guy is on the defensive and ups every thing he can to defend the town and the base. the only way to gain air superiority is to kill fighter hanger, bomber hangers ords, ack etc. there is nothing sacred about taking the other guys property.

I've also re-thought the whole vulching thing. if you're trying to take the town and you have 2 guys cover the air base, vulching is going to happen. you'd be crazy not to. therefore this is my thought. Vulching is fair game if the guy is taking off or landing. i would say, if he's got his wheels down and is landing, give him a break cause there are no extra points for killing the guy. The civil thing to do is let him land. On take off and you're trying to take a base, all bets are off!

i agree with this. i'd say that vulching on landing is unnecessary, as you'll only speed up that pile-its return to the battle anyway.

as for vulching on takeoff? if it's moving, red, and you've got troops inbound.....it's fair game.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"