Author Topic: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement  (Read 2510 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »
I have to admit that the vulching ROE was going to be a hard one to enforce even handed.  I am glad we have this change.  Mind you, in the MA's vulching is the sport of kings, but here it truly would be used as a tool to complete the task and not for padding a score.  Score means nothing, fun means everything!!!

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 10:19:24 AM »
I have to admit that the vulching ROE was going to be a hard one to enforce even handed.  I am glad we have this change.  Mind you, in the MA's vulching is the sport of kings, but here it truly would be used as a tool to complete the task and not for padding a score.  Score means nothing, fun means everything!!!

Couldn't agree with you more, Waystin! 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »

bolded..........
+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
Thanks for agreeing fellows.  I usually rank in the 150-250 range on a regular basis in the LWA's.  The amazing thing is, I just attack the red guys every chance I get, without a worry as to what occurs in my score.  The less I look at it, the better I do!  Wierd, huh?  Still trying to figure this one out.   :headscratch: 
I actually tried to get a great score for a few tours, and my overall rank started going up, and I noticed that my fun level started going down. :cry  I will never go back to that style of play. :aok

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »
Thanks for agreeing fellows.  I usually rank in the 150-250 range on a regular basis in the LWA's.  The amazing thing is, I just attack the red guys every chance I get, without a worry as to what occurs in my score.  The less I look at it, the better I do!  Wierd, huh?  Still trying to figure this one out.   :headscratch: 
I actually tried to get a great score for a few tours, and my overall rank started going up, and I noticed that my fun level started going down. :cry  I will never go back to that style of play. :aok

I've kind of decided that I just don't have the inherent talent to be great, so it's never going to be about anything but fun for me.

In the past, I've tried to become more proficient in ACM etc, but when it starts to feel like work, forget it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »

i think i was in the 4500 range. :uhoh
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 11:13:15 AM »
I actually tried to get a great score for a few tours, and my overall rank started going up, and I noticed that my fun level started going down.  I will never go back to that style of play.

Me, too.  Not that my score was going to stand out, but after about two weeks I noticed that I was getting very picky about engaging, was trying to land all my kills, and just generally was not flying the way I enjoy flying.  Decided to stop looking at scores, and haven't looked back since.

- oldman (got the scores to prove it, too!)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 11:13:50 AM »
i think i was in the 4500 range. :uhoh

I am a horrible braggart, but it is the case I have found as far as rank goes.  So here is my low rank secret: kill the red guys where you find them, if the red guys won't fight, then blow up and take their stuff until they do fight you.  Then start all over again!  Guaranteed fun!  Consequences be darned...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
I am a horrible braggart, but it is the case I have found as far as rank goes.  So here is my low rank secret: kill the red guys where you find them, if the red guys won't fight, then blow up and take their stuff until they do fight you.  Then start all over again!  Guaranteed fun!  Consequences be darned...

there's consequences in here? :noid :uhoh
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 01:15:41 PM »
there's consequences in here? :noid :uhoh

Well of course....For instance, I have now had to see your infected toe twice in threads on these very boards.   :lol  There is always consequences!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »
when it starts to feel like work, forget it.

Exactly
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »
Well of course....For instance, I have now had to see your infected toe twice in threads on these very boards.   :lol  There is always consequences!

GOOD POINT......

should i place that pic here?  :noid :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
GOOD POINT......

should i place that pic here?  :noid :neener:

<---------------RUNS SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »
Scores?  What scores?  There are scores in here?  :lol

Speaking of vulching; if anyone has a real addictive need to vulch, let me know on 200 and I'll spawn on the runway, engine off (to make it real easy), and give 'em 5 in a row to satisfy their need for a fix.  It would be a pleasure to take a few for the team.   :salute 

All gave some, Some gave all