Author Topic: Pre-WWII plane sets  (Read 741 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
Re: Pre-WWII plane sets
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »
what i find hilarious is that the P-26 was called the "peashooter"  :lol

+1
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »
I believe most of the aircraft in your list actually saw combat at some point early in the war. The only ones I can think of off hand that didn't are the Grumman F3F and Seversky P-35. The P-26 was flown by the Philippine AF against the Japanese in the early days of the war. The A5M and Ki-27 were also both used in the early months. The A5m as late as the battle of the coral sea. Good list you have there.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 07:16:52 PM »
The Gloster Gladiator was also used by the Finnish Air Force, 45 kills by 22 pilots in 1940.
Fokker D. XXI in Finnish Air Force: 1939-40, 130 kills by 47 pilots. 1941-44, 61 kills by 40 pilots (was used as a recon plane later in the war).

In AH, they'd be useless. Or we'd need a Spanish Civil War Arena.. And after that the much anticipated Soviet-Finnish Winter War Arena. ;)
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
In AH, they'd be useless. Or we'd need a Spanish Civil War Arena.. And after that the much anticipated Soviet-Finnish Winter War Arena. ;)

They'd be great for FSOs Scenarios the AVA and SECs plus the much anticipated Soviet-Finnish Winter War Arena. :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »
I

Nice post, Oak!  :aok

OP, interesting planes, but it's not gunna happen. I wouldn't mind a nice Bf 109T, HTC... :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:21:39 PM by BrownBaron »
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »
One thing to keep in mind is that there are not too many doable aircraft left that will be acceptable to the "It must be capable of dominating the LWA to be a valid addition." crowd.  Very soon they will have nothing but post war aircraft to request.  Even relatively capable aircraft like the Me410, J2M3, Ki-44 and Pe-2 will be met with whines about how useless they are in the LWA.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
:aok
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 04:58:09 PM »
Karnak makes a very good point. AH is just about to the tipping point where it either has to go off into lala "Prototype, never saw production combat" land, or start filling in the holes in the early and mid war plane sets.

Either way some folks will not be happy.

Me I figure each new plane introduced into AH is a success irregardless of how many kills it can land in the main.

Offline warphoenix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
Karnak makes a very good point. AH is just about to the tipping point where it either has to go off into lala "Prototype, never saw production combat" land, or start filling in the holes in the early and mid war plane sets.

Either way some folks will not be happy.

Me I figure each new plane introduced into AH is a success irregardless of how many kills it can land in the main.

might wanna fix that  :lol
P-39 FREAK

B-26 Marauder driver