Author Topic: A New Perk system suggestion  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: A New Perk system suggestion
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 09:05:53 AM »
And how do you measure pilot skill for adjusting a pilot's personal "perk modifier"? The only way the program could do that would be by rank, and we all know how flawed that would be.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
And how do you measure pilot skill for adjusting a pilot's personal "perk modifier"? The only way the program could do that would be by rank, and we all know how flawed that would be.

rank i guess is the only way that i can think of Lusche, always based upon the previous months final score.

like i said, those who game the game for the purpose of score would quickly lose any props they get from high score advantage because they would not have the skill set required to defeat the bounty hunters out to claim their perkie prize.

as i said previously, i dont think any of the players who are truly skilled and aggressive players would mind much. but those without skill who just scam the game to get the score would quickly learn to regret their decisions to be so gamey. face it if i know he is a high valued low skilled player and i know he is on, i and i believe many others are gonna actively seek him out.

those with skill get all the fights they want, those without get far more than what they bargained for.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »

Until they come along with something better it's all we got. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »
And I thought HAWT was Huge Arsed Whiner Text

So when you see me saying, "Ok, that was some kind of HAWT", you will know what I mean.
SIG! SIG! SIG! :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 01:40:03 PM »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »
Not a bad idea, I bounty hunt every now and then as well, I enjoy watching them quietly lick their wounds and start padding their score again to make up for those deaths they incur....  :lol 

I am seeing players I would have never suspected of falling victim to padding but, hey to each his own.  I like the idea that if you need to be numero uno make it pay off for the rest of us when we catch you sneaking around padding your score and being timid.... make it worth while to climb to 32k to chase down some bombers dropping a single bomb in every town......  :D

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 03:30:16 PM »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
lot of good sticks that don't care about score, they fight until they run out of fuel, ammo, or airplane parts and then just up to do it again.  Their scores would be low relative to their skill set so this system wouldn't be accurate for everyone.
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »
lot of good sticks that don't care about score, they fight until they run out of fuel, ammo, or airplane parts and then just up to do it again.  Their scores would be low relative to their skill set so this system wouldn't be accurate for everyone.

yes it could be a little weak in some instances, but when you have a pilot that is averaging 5,6 or more kills per death then his rank no matter what will be better than a pilot who is landing 2 or 3 kills. i think it would still remain fairly balanced in the end.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
really?
really what? its a good sig... :confused:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy