Author Topic: Vulches  (Read 1638 times)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Re: Vulches
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »
yes yes +1 to this idea and while we are at it can we have these too!

Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »
Have beaten every one of those games.  :D

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
I love these threads that whine about vulches and then the whiner tries to through out the "honorable" crap.  Yeah, like pilots didn't vulch in real life.  In the right photo strip shows a FW 190 being "vulched" as it was attempting to land (left strip shows a Me 109 getting its bellybutton shot to Hell).

Beside, vulching is one of the last true art forms and if it pisses of the guy that got vulched, all the better.

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

i agree 100% with what you are, except i don't think thats a 109 on the left.  could be wrong
-AoM-

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 01:17:12 AM »
Now I didn't say you couldn't shoot planes on the ground.  Just that you shouldn't get a kill on one.  As for the predictable speculation, I havent been vulched recently since a virus put my computer out of commission on the 22nd, and I only just got it working again. 

My position hasn't changed, vulches of planes on the ground should not be classified as a kill.  However, having said that, I do understand, for those persons who would find their score being adversely affected in a serious way, from not getting kills on planes that are not actually flying, the apprehension such a change would cause and sincerely hope my suggestion didn't have a serious affect on your ailementary canal.

Actually thats not true, heres hoping it did.

Zygote

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 01:20:15 AM »
Here's what would happen, people would either 1) still shoot you on the runway just as a method of field suppression or 2) wait till you just lift your wheels off the ground to shoot.  What's going to change?

The only thing that would change is some people's scores, and you shouldn't worry so much about other people's scores.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Mus51

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 01:57:16 AM »
See rule #4
Regards,

DutchGuy

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 02:06:07 AM »
Now if only you could take it out of the theory phase.

I could, but I like the air of suspense in the room... :noid
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 02:41:21 AM »
Here's what would happen, people would either 1) still shoot you on the runway just as a method of field suppression or 2) wait till you just lift your wheels off the ground to shoot.  What's going to change?

The only thing that would change is some people's scores, and you shouldn't worry so much about other people's scores.
Nothing would change.  Thats not the point. 

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 05:42:14 AM »
My wish list for this week is to have vulching planes randomly explode...

Well not quite that, but I think if wheels haven't left the runway you shouldn't get a kill on the plane.  Its still very easy for a vulcher to kill a plane that's just lifted off, since its so slow and has no alt so its not so big a deal for the vulcher but its a big deal for the vulched and might encourage a bit of response to a horde.

Nope  :devil
Take off from another close base an do a intercept mission.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:44:29 AM by The Grinch »

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 07:39:13 AM »
"vulches of planes on the ground should not be classified as a kill."

It didn't work that way in real life so why should it be different for this
game?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:26 AM »
Only Bishop and Rooks vulch, we knights call it 'anti-upping field suppression'  :salute
:lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline Dragunov

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 08:37:25 AM »
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TeJxggJvg7g/TB1ZtX1sCgI/AAAAAAAAEWw/r-Itkd3ItmA/s1600/hurtfeelings.png

Go ahead and fill this out for all of you that cry about HOing and Vulching. HO attacks and Vulching attacks were a key strategy of many forces during WWII. Planes exploding because of strafing a grounded plane? This is realistic? Do your recon in the tower before uping your ride you might not get strafed.
ingame - "Irons"- 47 Ronin'
SEMPER FI

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 08:56:59 AM »
"vulches of planes on the ground should not be classified as a kill."

It didn't work that way in real life so why should it be different for this
game?

actually yes they were counted. every item destroyed was credited to the pilot who destroyed the target if possible. it was viewed differently by his fellow pilots obviously, not as much prestige and probably not much glory, but every kill was a kill.

i hate vulching, for the purposes of game play and the fun of the engagement its lame in my opinion. in real life every plane or pilot killed on the ground was one less shooting at you in the sky, so the motivation to kill them on the ground was far different than it is in this game. so comparing this to real life is just simply impossible.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »
Amusing.  Firstly a suggestion is not a whine.  A whine is quite a bit similiar to the posts following my post then to my post.  I'm 37.  AFAIK you didn't get credited with a kill shooting airplanes on the ground.

While I understand the internet lets you behave in ways you won't get away with in real life, it still makes you look like a kinder kid. Try to have a little respect for fellow forum users and perhaps this may be somewhat frightening, but if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything.  Thank you.

:)

Evidently you don't do alot of reading.  The USAAC credited pilots with "vultch" kills during WW2.
In fact, killing something on the ground could be alot more dangerous than air to air.  We lost many
birds to AAA and crashes on these runs.  Gabreski was one of our best fighter pilots with the 56th.
He hit a "hump" while strafing an airfield and was taken prisoner.

No fun being captured by the guys you were just shooting.  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »
Now I didn't say you couldn't shoot planes on the ground.  Just that you shouldn't get a kill on one.  As for the predictable speculation, I havent been vulched recently since a virus put my computer out of commission on the 22nd, and I only just got it working again. 

Regardless if you blow up the plane in the sky or in the air, a kill is a kill and therefore deserve credit for it.  Did you know that towards the end of the war, USAAF pilots were getting credit for kills on the ground?  I guess not.

My position hasn't changed, vulches of planes on the ground should not be classified as a kill.  However, having said that, I do understand, for those persons who would find their score being adversely affected in a serious way, from not getting kills on planes that are not actually flying, the apprehension such a change would cause and sincerely hope my suggestion didn't have a serious affect on your ailementary canal.

Actually thats not true, heres hoping it did.

Zygote

Yep, that's the only way I can get a kill is to vulch.  Players like me that don't have your vast experten skill need to do what we need to do to get a kill.  Maybe one day I will be as good as you so I don't have to resort to such low brow tactics to keep my score up.  Maybe you would be so kind as to go to the DA with me and teach me so I can learn to get a kill the "legitimate way"?

Oh, I believe the big word you were trying to use is spelled alimentary canal.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song