Author Topic: Straight flying like ol days  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Straight flying like ol days
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »
not at all, football is a team sport, fights really aren't. It's more along the lines of asking one boxer to fight his opponent, his opponents corner manager, his opponents spit bucket guy and the card girl all at once.

Then why are there countries (another way of describing that would be a 'team') to join?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »
And seeing as there are no presidents or generals (though some arm chair type do running around here)  there is no "team" here. Also seeing as you can swap countries at any time it really can't be considered a team.If there is ever an effort made to organize all 3 countries with plans and chains of command then you can call it a "team" game.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »
Just because people don't choose to organize doesn't negate the fact that they're on a team.  It's not a well organized team, but it's a team of sorts.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
organization is over rated.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 07:21:50 PM »
In response to Wiley. I believe it is common courtesy if u see a 1 v 1 going on that you ask your countryman if they need or want you're help. Yes I am fully aware that this is the MA but still it is nice to have a good 1 v 1. The game shouldn't be about score or kills it should be about skill and continually trying to better one self  ( funny coming from me, I am aware ) It's the same with the ho-tards yup sure did use it in WWII but guess what this isn't WWII. Why do it, if your not going to try and improve your SA and your abilities as a virtual pilot then why even bother to play the game? Go play Madden or wii fitness. That's just me and my sober 2 cents
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »
Well, yeah, that's the obvious answer.  In an arena with a couple hundred other bodies involved though, what would even cause someone to consider the possibility that the other 199 will
A) Notice that you are, in fact engaged in your precious 1v1 and
B) Be inclined to leave the red guy alone?

It's like being on a football team and demanding that your teammates back off so you can go for the quarterback, then getting whiny when both teams continue actually playing the game and the opposing team actually tries to defend their teammate.

I worry how many people will actually be left for multi-on-multi gameplay in the main arenas when HTC gets around to getting the new H2H set up.

Wiley.

Its actually quite easy. You see someone in a 1 V 1. You ask if they need help first. They say "no" you stay out
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »
It's call class, or good sportsmanship. All you have to do is ask if the guy wants help, not really hard to do.

not at all, football is a team sport, fights really aren't. It's more along the lines of asking one boxer to fight his opponent, his opponents corner manager, his opponents spit bucket guy and the card girl all at once.

i ask all the time......and appreciate it when someone asks me if i want help or for them to stay out.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »
In response to Wiley. I believe it is common courtesy if u see a 1 v 1 going on that you ask your countryman if they need or want you're help. Yes I am fully aware that this is the MA but still it is nice to have a good 1 v 1. The game shouldn't be about score or kills it should be about skill and continually trying to better one self  ( funny coming from me, I am aware ) It's the same with the ho-tards yup sure did use it in WWII but guess what this isn't WWII. Why do it, if your not going to try and improve your SA and your abilities as a virtual pilot then why even bother to play the game? Go play Madden or wii fitness. That's just me and my sober 2 cents

awwwwwww..... now I have say I agree with DMGOD !!! I HATE it when I have to do that !!!  :D

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 10:25:14 PM »
I'm really not such a bad guy once you get to know me  :angel:
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »
you smell funny though.. just sayin  :neener:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 11:22:43 AM »
yeah I've been wearing a lot of the AXE body spray. I am kind of disappointed because I am still not good at any eXtreme  sports (unless u consider nose picking whilst piloting a p-39Q eXtreme) and I assure you that no hot women (or men for that matter) have jumped and tried to have their way with me. Think maybe I'll just try a shower one of these days. I'll keep u guys posted

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »
well there are those stories about you and Silat. Was that pre-axe, or post- axe?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »
yeah I've been wearing a lot of the AXE body spray. I am kind of disappointed because I am still not good at any eXtreme  sports (unless u consider nose picking whilst piloting a p-39Q eXtreme) and I assure you that no hot women (or men for that matter) have jumped and tried to have their way with me. Think maybe I'll just try a shower one of these days. I'll keep u guys posted

i flicked a booger onto my windscreen once. a little later, i spent 5 minutes trying to line up the "con" that i couldn't seem to close in on.  :noid :neener: :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »
i flicked a booger onto my windscreen once. a little later, i spent 5 minutes trying to line up the "con" that i couldn't seem to close in on.  :noid :neener: :rofl

sounds like the time i spent 2 sectors chasing a speck of dust on my screen  :uhoh
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 12:33:44 PM »
well there are those stories about you and Silat. Was that pre-axe, or post- axe?

I am embarrassed to admit it but, Silat used me told me he loved me and that he would never leave me. SIlat, if you are reading this you broke my heart  :cry