Author Topic: Windows Movie Maker  (Read 432 times)

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
Windows Movie Maker
« on: September 28, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »
Erm...what happened to WMM? I am on a new laptop and am trying to see how well it does making AH movies, and I downloaded fraps and all and when I went to find WMM...it wasnt there. So no biggy, I can probably download it online, etc etc. Well, all I found was Windows Live Movie Maker which is nothing like the WMM I knew. Anyone know how to get the old MM or another free software (not a trial) that works well for piecing together clips and has a double the clip speed button as I have to record at half speed.

Thanks

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Windows Movie Maker
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
"Development of Windows Movie Maker was abandoned after the release of Windows Vista; its replacement, Windows Live Movie Maker"

from Wikipedia.

I googled it and found one download for XP, not sure if it would work on other systems.  All the reviews on that particular download discussed a lot of crashes and stuff with that download.  I don't know if you can get it, I tried a few months ago because I liked it better, but I think it's gone.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »
Yeah, I tried one site, and thought I was in luck till the download button was labeled "Download Virus" *que facepalm*

Oh well, guess I am on the hunt for another movie making software. I really just need something that has the "double the clip speed" feature.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 11:09:14 AM »
POSTING LINKS FOR THE PURPOSES TO ALLOW THE THEFT OF COPYRIGHTED SOFTWARE WHICH IS ONLY FOR SALE OR HAS A DEMO VERSION AVAILABLE ONLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER, IS CAUSE FOR BANNING FROM THE BULLETIN BOARD!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:02:21 PM by Skuzzy »
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »
Be cautious of random downloads on mediafire.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 11:59:18 AM »
Be cautious of random downloads on mediafire.

Yes i was aswell but after downloading it i ran a virus scan on the file before instalation and it came up clean and i have done weekly scans over the last 2 months on the hole comuter and it is still clean.

But the dessision is yours in the end <<S>>  :salute
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)