Author Topic: AVA Squad Event Feedback  (Read 1614 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: AVA Squad Event Feedback
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 07:54:08 PM »
how about tuesday night and Saturday 6pm EST?

i can make the saturdays at 6'ish. it'll give me a good excuse to actually close up shop on time, and get my butt outta there, rather than screwing around.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »
does it have to be a special event to get the numbers like we had last night?  I can tell you that AvA is the only reason at this point im still forking over the $15 a month.  I was inches from leaving all together.  Im really hoping that more players come in on a daily basis.  Im in for any all and all events that i can make it to.  I am over the MA.  I need something to keep me going or i cant justify the money spent, not that its a lot but im sure you can all understand where im coming from.

i'm not sure about the numbers. i think a large part of attracting people is for those of us that have fun there to keep going in. even if there's only 2 or 3 to begin with.

the other night, when you kept killing my hurri from that dam ground gun  :mad:  :rofl there were only 2 other players on when i first logged in. that's why i went in on the guns at that v-base. i figured i'd kill time and guns till more came in.
 sure enough, it worked. you came in, and owned my butt.....then some more came in, and i think at one point there were 10 to 15 pile-its in the fray. i know that doesn't sound like many, but small map, and that many within 20 minutes of logging in......to me it shows that if someone that might come in sees somethign happening in there, that then they'll take a peek, and hopefully hang out for a bit to fight....then more will see more, and come in.........

me personally.....the little time i get to log in now, the ava is the first arena i check out. i'm still kicking myself in the bellybutton for being a stubborn butwipe and not trying it out earlier.........and i'm glad to see ya hanging out.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »
Well, there's always plan B. someone can step up as commander of the AVAR's and bark orders. another option would be to set up commanders for each unit IE; ground unit and air unit. it doesn't matter what you are trying to do, there would be someone in command that you would have to be listening to. we could utilize the AVA Axis and Allies forum for each event. we can finalize setups in public but commanders would be able to have a private arena to get everything ready.

i really wanted to run the Allied guys, but i was too busy with the setup and trying to keep the peace. but if someone or several people wanted to take control and step up the the plate, it would be very possible to pull off a much more organized setup! let me know what you all think about that!

Yes we have to step up and help you out.  I really don't feel like I've got the experience to take that position but I'd be happy to lend my support to anybody that took it on, if nobody else is willing to take it on, I'm willing to give it a shot.  *cougholdmanorcapcough*
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »
hey no one in here is bad or good, we all just wanna have fun. you can be full commander, we can have a air commander and a ground attack commander and a ground defense commander. then its just a matter of what people want to do. need more tanks, call for them, need more airplanes, call for them. it could make things very interesting. give everyone a chance to be a commander. again its all about fun!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »
I was thinking about my earlier comments on organization.  I want you guys to know that the Pigs are one of the least regimented squads out there.  We have a Boss Hog, & 4 CO's, but all Pigs are equal at the trough.  Nonone barks orders, we just kinda work well together.  It's just that we fly and die together all the time (just enjoy each others company more than anything).  With that said, I know what Pig xxxx will be doing just through experience.  They know waystin2 will be doing this just because they have winged and rolled with me multiple times.  What you saw as organization, was more familiarity/camaraderie and a common focus on a goal.  It is not always necessary to appoint a commander so much as have an understanding of the goal, and how everybody is going to approach it.  I hope this makes sense... 

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »
makes total sense and the more the 'AvA regulars" fly together on the same side the more we will get to know each other as well.  Should be interesting for sure as it seams the "upper end" sticks tend to migrate to the AvA.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »
I was thinking about my earlier comments on organization.  I want you guys to know that the Pigs are one of the least regimented squads out there.  We have a Boss Hog, & 4 CO's, but all Pigs are equal at the trough.  Nonone barks orders, we just kinda work well together.  It's just that we fly and die together all the time (just enjoy each others company more than anything).  With that said, I know what Pig xxxx will be doing just through experience.  They know waystin2 will be doing this just because they have winged and rolled with me multiple times.  What you saw as organization, was more familiarity/camaraderie and a common focus on a goal.  It is not always necessary to appoint a commander so much as have an understanding of the goal, and how everybody is going to approach it.  I hope this makes sense... 

:salute

Way

you can't possibly be any less organized than the 80th.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
JG-54 uses a mission planner. it goes something like this:

jaeger1: hey tbar(tbarone) what are we doing now.

Tbarone: well we can hit 37 or 23, the bish are hitting the knits on the other side of the map, the 2 front attack always F***'S them up! damn VF-15 guys!

N7: well if we hit 23, they'll know we are coming!

Jaeger1: well, if thats the case, maybe we should hit 37,

Tbarone: yeah that would be the best course of action!

Jaeger1: Ok, 37 it is!

Tbarone; Ok 22, NE runway, Lanks, 25%, 14 bombs

N7: yeah and jeager, leave the sheep at home this time!

Jaeger1: Damn! you guys never let me have any fun!

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
maybe i should join you guys in the MW arena also......
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
you can't possibly be any less organized than the 80th.

(As related by Grits):

Gunfighters SOP from 1993:

Pre-Mission Briefing Procedure

Each member of the squadron will ask "So, what's the plan?" at least twice
during briefing and at least once during the actual execution of the mission.
Any plan suggested first by any GF must be rejected by at least two other GF's
on the grounds that they'd rather do something else. Subsequent plans will be
accepted provided there is a high probability of getting the whole squad to take
off from the same airfield. Correct fuel loads will be determined by asking "How
much fuel for an XXX?" and taking the average of all responses. Bombs will be
loaded on each mission, with the exception of bombing missions.

Addendum:

If the CO proposes a plan, it must be rejected by everyone out of hand....if it
is even listened to.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
you can't possibly be any less organized than the 80th.  :noid
compared to the other squads, my squad is the keystone cops with the 3 stooges calling the shots.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 11:09:33 AM »
well  seems we all have been playing this game long enough to know what it takes to get a base down and take it. Im sure after awhile of trying this together we can figure out who likes to do what and who is good at what and the organization will just fall into place :aok

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »
Ah hell, after those responses, the Pigs are literally SPit N Polish in comparison! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
I like to do anything in the game.  I'm not got at any of it. 

I make a mean spreadsheet though. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute