Author Topic: anti liasing??  (Read 317 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
anti liasing??
« on: September 30, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »
Finally got back onto AH after quite an extended absense,due to a slowly dying computer.

The new system arrived:

1. I maxed out everything I could find in the game (steady 60fps), except this antiliasing thingamajig. What is it?
   Will bringing it up improve the graphics?
2. I also downloaded the Hi-res pack. Do I need to do anything else, besides download it?
   Does it have its own controls hidden somewhere I haven't accessed yet?

Thanks guys, :salute

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: anti liasing??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »
1) Anti-ailiasing will get rid of the jagged edges on objects.  Looks much better with it as high as you can run it but it can be a real frame-rate killer.

2) After downloading and installing the Hi-Res pack (don't change directory when installing it) you'll need to set the Texture size to 1024 or 2048 and have resolution above 1280x1024 to get its true effects.  If your Monitor doesn't have a native resolution above that it's still possible to use Hi-Res but I don't think you'll get the full "effect" that 1024/2048 hold.

To change either settings use the "Video Settings" option that is listed on the main splash screen, under "online Arenas".

Hope that helps. :salute
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: anti liasing??
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:47:29 PM »
Couldn't be much clearer than that.

T :cheers:hanks so much!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP