Author Topic: I need everyone's Opinion--battle of the bridges  (Read 1899 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
I need everyone's Opinion--battle of the bridges
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:11:52 AM »
Ok heres my proposal for Tuesday Night if you guys are up for it!

Settings to consider for this battle:
***friendly's at D300
***killshooter OFF
***turn ack up for this event? <edit>
it will be all about knowing or identifying the bad guys! yes i know check 6's are more difficult, but thats the fun of it!
also it will make BNZ more difficult!

Battle of the bridges:

V9 and V13  ---winner is the guy that captures the other base!

base support
V9 will have A21 for air support and A3 for gv support(planes will be disabled at that base)
V13 will have V14 for gv support and A4 for air support.

all bases not in this setup will have planes and GV's disabled to make sure it stays fair. this means ill have to reset the arena a couple of times, once beforehand, once later.

Vbase has to be taken by Gv troops. no air drops. c47 will be removed or troops(in the c47) will be disabled for resupplying. (ill have to see what the setup will let me do)

bombers will only be able to bomb target base, and area gv's. supporting bases will be off limits.

channel 200 will be off limits for the duration of the event except for salutes! violators will be muted. you will be able to PM me if you have a problem but no conversations on 200, they usually lead to something we don't want.

The Battle Area: 9 and 13 will be the battle area. you can blow up bridges, blow up GV's and dog fight. you may bomb the crap out of the town and vehicles in it. the support bases are off limits to both sides. this means you can wipe out the target base, but you cant touch any other bases. this way the target bases will still be defendable.

aircraft and vehicles:

USAAF (Bishops)
P-38J
P-47D11
P-47D25
P-51B
B-17
B-24
C-47

GVs
Jeep
The Ms
M4A3 (75mm)

Luftwaffe (Knights)

FW-190A8
BF-109G6
BF-109G14
BF-110G
Ju-88
C-47

GVs
Jeep
Panzer IV
SdKfz 251
Ostwind
Wirbelwind

ARENA SETTINGS:

Bombsight: AvA standard (try it, it's fun)
Killshooter: ***OFF***
Visibility: 14.0 miles
Fuel burn rate: 1.0
Ack settings: .25
Base capture: 10 (map room .0015)
Radar (1943):
  Sector 316,800
  Tower 132,000
Icons:  Enemy off, Friendly short(D300)

ok boys and girls, thats my proposal, what say you? feel freel to leave comments, questions, and complaints!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 07:23:26 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: I need everyone's Opinion--battle of the bridges
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »
sounds good I'll be there  :aok

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:00:44 AM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 08:05:33 AM »
i wish this were a saturday setup///////// :cry
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 08:33:06 AM »
Im in.  I say leave 200.  We had some good clean fun conversation last time. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:41:42 AM »
Im in.  I say leave 200.  We had some good clean fun conversation last time. 

i think i agree with this..........since you're gonna be monitoring it anyway......if ya see any crap......1 warning, the boot em. or mute em.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »
Looks neat. I missed the Pig roast due to real life responsibilities, gonna try to get in more often now.

<S> Melvin

P.S. Can we get the ack turned up please? The vulching is getting out of hand.
See Rule #4

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »
Settings to consider for this battle:
***friendly's at D300
***killshooter OFF
What exactly does “killshooter OFF” mean.  I know that ‘ON’ means I take damage when my bullets hit a friendly.  Does ‘OFF’ mean that the friendly will take damage?  If so, this could lead to griefing.  Combined with the extremely short friendly icon range, it will be messy.  Will a friendly get a “Your buddy shot you down” message?  Can kills of friendlies be landed?

***turn ack up for this event? <edit>
Keep ack low.  I was still getting hit as I searched for the ord through one of USRanger’s sandstorms.

bombers will only be able to bomb target base, and area gv's. supporting bases will be off limits.
I am not sure about this one.  If the bases are large, and both can be used to up planes, this might not be necessary.  If it is an ROE as opposed to a setting, then some folks might do it, anyway.

aircraft and vehicles:
Good balance with the aircraft.  Germans have better AAA gvs.  Not much that can be done about that.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »
Go for it Cap!   :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »
What exactly does “killshooter OFF” mean.  I know that ‘ON’ means I take damage when my bullets hit a friendly.  Does ‘OFF’ mean that the friendly will take damage?  If so, this could lead to griefing.  Combined with the extremely short friendly icon range, it will be messy.  Will a friendly get a “Your buddy shot you down” message?  Can kills of friendlies be landed?
Yeah, killshooter off means watch your fire if there is a question about a friendly being in front of you. Guess I'm going to have to be more mindful of my pursuit speed when trying to cover someone who is actively engaged in a fight.

Personally, friendly icon range should be no less than D600, the proposed setting is below the combat effective range of D400 (assuming a 22inch monitor with maxed graphics settings and stock gun sight). I'm just as much of a fan of pushing the limits as everyone else but, we cannot forget the realities of the environment in that quest. Pushing the limits too far for a handful who have found some enthusiasm is going to leave out some of the old regulars who may not have the visual capabilities needed to appreciate those limits.

Keep ack low.  I was still getting hit as I searched for the ord through one of USRanger’s sandstorms.
I disagree for the exact reason Melvin gave. I know, vulching can be a problem at any time but with the field ack up it will minimize things and there are very few in the AvA who are ack huggers.

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
Sounds fine to me...just wish i had a bigger monitor so i could tell what a plane was further than about 400 away  :cheers:

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 09:55:49 AM »
Yeah, killshooter off means watch your fire if there is a question about a friendly being in front of you. Guess I'm going to have to be more mindful of my pursuit speed when trying to cover someone who is actively engaged in a fight.

Personally, friendly icon range should be no less than D600, the proposed setting is below the combat effective range of D400 (assuming a 22inch monitor with maxed graphics settings and stock gun sight). I'm just as much of a fan of pushing the limits as everyone else but, we cannot forget the realities of the environment in that quest. Pushing the limits too far for a handful who have found some enthusiasm is going to leave out some of the old regulars who may not have the visual capabilities needed to appreciate those limits.

I disagree for the exact reason Melvin gave. I know, vulching can be a problem at any time but with the field ack up it will minimize things and there are very few in the AvA who are ack huggers.

i don't think i've ever seen anyone in the ava run for ack.....even when i felt they should have.....myself included. it's part of what i like about it in here.
 i think this arena is ruining the rest of the game for me.....and i mean that in a good way.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 09:56:27 AM »
Sounds fine to me...just wish i had a bigger monitor so i could tell what a plane was further than about 400 away  :cheers:
i'm very close to moving my 40" tv over to my computer, and using that for a monitor.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
these settings will only be in place during the Event. These are not permanent settings, please realize this.

kill shooter off means you can kill your squaddies or people on the same side as you.

friendly settings-- the idea is to force you to know your enemy, thats all. its just a different twist. if everyone is against it, we dont have to do it. but i saw alot of feedback that was looking for that sort of setup.

we can compromise the ack and turn it up, just a bit, to .5 instead of .25 and that should work for everyone. most ack can't catch a FW190 doing 325+.

200 yes ill be monitoring, but i don't want to babysit either, id like to participate. watching whats said on 200 limits my involvement. the last time i spent most of my time in the tower.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:24:15 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
 hey Cap ya mean like this?
[

I did notice when I logged on last night my airfield was being strafed. Meh *shrug*. I hope it doesn't become prevalent here.  A personal rule of thumb I use is stay outside of the 'ack ring' around the friendly field if I can and the same for the enemy field.  In the organized events of course these 'rules of thumb' go right out the window. :)

Captain I'd rather you be able to fly and enjoy yourself.  KS on is groovy with me as is the channel set up

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:26:51 AM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
Looks neat. I missed the Pig roast due to real life responsibilities, gonna try to get in more often now.

<S> Melvin

P.S. Can we get the ack turned up please? The vulching is getting out of hand.

Oh, there was more than Pigs getting roasted.  You missed a fun one Melvin.  Hope to run into you on the next go round!
 :salute
Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!