Author Topic: What if we have titanic tuesdays everyday?  (Read 4563 times)

Offline CDR1

• Zinc Member
Re: What if we have titanic tuesdays everyday?
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06:37 AM »
Bustr I agree that it is time we tryed something different, just lose the caps for a month and see what happens. In fact I would add one more item to deal with bad behavior, turn off " kill shooter ". The easier we make it for bad behavior to go on without immediate consequences, the worse it will get. I would be careful using real would features and events to understand this carton world with it's sharp edged rules. Sort of using macro rules to understand micro events,( this almost always leads to wrong conclusions).  Having said all that I agree that it is time for AH to loosen up the reigns a bit, we are all not children.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2010, 12:57:10 AM »
The restaurant industry and Aces High in spirit are products purchased for some of the same reasons and patronage dropped for some of the same reasons. During a down turn as patronage to restaurants drops off you will see similar drop offs in spending for online games. You can kill off patronage to restaurants by the management allowing too much of an atmosphere of inconvenience to develop versus enjoying the meal and a conjenial environment.

The social control processes put in place during the peak of the last economic bubble are now creating an atmosphere of incoveniance to enough of the remaining customers that their complaints to managment have begun to sychronize rather than diverge as would be the expected grousing during normal times. On the other hand, the results of Nov 3, 2010 may make all of this moot.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
Bustr I agree that it is time we tryed something different, just lose the caps for a month and see what happens. In fact I would add one more item to deal with bad behavior, turn off " kill shooter ". The easier we make it for bad behavior to go on without immediate consequences, the worse it will get.

If you turn killshooter off, you will get the absolute opposite of what you are looking for.  :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:44:53 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2010, 07:48:36 AM »
If you turn killshooter off, you will get the absolute opposite of what you are looking for.  :)

Yup.  It's been a very long time since we had to deal with fraggers, would be nice to keep it that way.

- oldman