Author Topic: In Memorium  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
In Memorium
« on: October 03, 2010, 01:50:50 AM »
For the mossy mission

5/26/2010 @ 11pm @ A5 in the Orange Arena

<Salute> to all those who were involved. You fought bravely
In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: In Memorium
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 01:51:23 AM »
 :noid :rofl
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 01:56:30 AM »
almost forgot  :banana:
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 02:08:21 AM »
I remember that.  Bishops had a mosquito mission posted and on the way to their target they were jumped by a pack of 262's flown by a certain squad that was flying as bishops when the mission was posted.

Definitely a chickenshit thing to do.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
That seems to be the biggest problem with this game. Everyone jumps to "advantages" in stead of using tactics or skill to over come an enemy.

Great you plan on intercepting a mossie mission (how the the info was gotten is not the issue here). Instead of grabbing 190s, P47's of P38's they go strait to the jets. Yup, mossie's have a fighting chance there!

Yesterday, a KI comes in at me with a bunch of alt and "E". he makes a couple of whimpy passes and as I don't follow him up he goes after another plane. Said plane follows him up and gets roped. Now the KI and I are equal alt, and maybe "E" it's just him against me in a zero. Does he fight??? Nope, he lost all of his advantages and runs. He does turn to fight after I stop chasing him and start fighting a spit16 that shows up, yup got picked.

A certain NOE happy squad attacks a base, I get vulched first up so I jump to the next base and come back at about 6k. get a couple and get picked by a late comer coming in at 15k. Up again coming in at 6k again by now the VH is back up (because nobody was set to watch it in the plan). Planes are upping the field because skillless dweebs have been crashing almost as fast as the as some rack up vulch kills (too many people vulching, not enough killing the town). Air cover lost, GVs cleared from town....those few who actually drove all the way in, and the path from the spawn to the town covered. Do they come back??? Nope, they lost the advantage so they leave to NOE a port island 5 sectors away because they could kill a CV and the guns in one pass.

I guess I've been playing the game wrong. It's suppose to be all about grabbing bases un-opposed to "win the war" and to land as many kills as you can. It makes no difference "how" you got the kills, heck even proxies are good and preferred as you don't have to waste ammo on them.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 09:51:47 AM »
I remember that.  Bishops had a mosquito mission posted and on the way to their target they were jumped by a pack of 262's flown by a certain squad that was flying as bishops when the mission was posted.

Definitely a chickentoejam thing to do.

Show me some screenshots with dates and times.  Otherwise you are ruining a perfectly good ego stroking thread.

You fought bravely

Aren't the Mossie bombers unarmed? :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »

it was actually me on the bish side.   i was feeding Jonah the information.   what.       :noid
-AoM-

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »
it was actually me on the bish side.   i was feeding Jonah the information.   what.       :noid

well your a Muppet so you are diabolical enough, but Irish i know for certain it couldnt have been you spying......you cant read a damn map!!!! so how the hell could you tell another player in another country where the mission is when you dont even know where the hell you are?!?
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
That seems to be the biggest problem with this game. Everyone jumps to "advantages" in stead of using tactics or skill to over come an enemy.

Great you plan on intercepting a mossie mission (how the the info was gotten is not the issue here). Instead of grabbing 190s, P47's of P38's they go strait to the jets. Yup, mossie's have a fighting chance there!

Yesterday, a KI comes in at me with a bunch of alt and "E". he makes a couple of whimpy passes and as I don't follow him up he goes after another plane. Said plane follows him up and gets roped. Now the KI and I are equal alt, and maybe "E" it's just him against me in a zero. Does he fight??? Nope, he lost all of his advantages and runs. He does turn to fight after I stop chasing him and start fighting a spit16 that shows up, yup got picked.

A certain NOE happy squad attacks a base, I get vulched first up so I jump to the next base and come back at about 6k. get a couple and get picked by a late comer coming in at 15k. Up again coming in at 6k again by now the VH is back up (because nobody was set to watch it in the plan). Planes are upping the field because skillless dweebs have been crashing almost as fast as the as some rack up vulch kills (too many people vulching, not enough killing the town). Air cover lost, GVs cleared from town....those few who actually drove all the way in, and the path from the spawn to the town covered. Do they come back??? Nope, they lost the advantage so they leave to NOE a port island 5 sectors away because they could kill a CV and the guns in one pass.

I guess I've been playing the game wrong. It's suppose to be all about grabbing bases un-opposed to "win the war" and to land as many kills as you can. It makes no difference "how" you got the kills, heck even proxies are good and preferred as you don't have to waste ammo on them.

HEY!!!!! WAIT A SECOND HERE!!??

based on what you posted above about advantages, then you should've brought bombers to kill my bombers in the ava last night.  :devil :noid :neener: :aok :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 02:26:13 PM »
well your a Muppet so y :noidou are diabolical enough, but Irish i know for certain it couldnt have been you spying......you cant read a damn map!!!! so how the hell could you tell another player in another country where the mission is when you dont even know where the hell you are?!?

i must have been really twisted. i realized afterwards i was screaming into a dead mic. the i noticed the computer wasn't even on.   reading a map can wait, first i need to re-associate myself to what is really happening around me........and convince myself that voices are not telling me the whole truth.   :noid
-AoM-

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 03:06:20 PM »

Top of the mornin' to ya irish!

What I find funny is the mossies thought no one was going to shoot back. There was a fat dar bar lingering for like 10 minutes that everyone could see. If it wasnt perdweeb, sukov, and Kermit it would have been someone else. By the way no one even mentioning Kermit the frogs involvement. Its always "those kommando spies" and every time i hear the story the number of mossies grows too. 5 months ago it was 13 planes, now its 25 planes. I wasnt even there and I'm taking heat for it. :rofl

May the "Legend of A5" continue to be told in aces high folklore forever, and may the ill will generated by its consequences continue to fuel many furballs to come. :banana:

In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »
i must have been really twisted. i realized afterwards i was screaming into a dead mic. the i noticed the computer wasn't even on.   reading a map can wait, first i need to re-associate myself to what is really happening around me........and convince myself that voices are not telling me the whole truth.   :noid

oh no, you must listen to the voices in your head!!! i actually believe hearing the voices is a prerequisite to becoming a Muppet, and that absolute obedience to all their commands is a Muppet bylaw!

FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 04:02:47 PM »
I'm missing all the action.... :(
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »
Jumping sides with the expressed reason to attack a mission you just got wind of, just doesn't seem right to me. Could someone explain to me why this is the accepted thing to do now?

And why bring it up now, 4 months after the fact?  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:59:55 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis