Author Topic: once again picked  (Read 2488 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: once again picked
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
i guess here would be an appropriate place to apologize to puma44.

i kinda sorta almost might've picked him tonight.  :noid

sorry dood!!it's not my normal MO, as i think you know!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »
Actually I asked for help right after Puma decloaked and introduced me to Rangers pilot wound sound  :lol 

:salute Puma
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
Actually I asked for help right after Puma decloaked and introduced me to Rangers pilot wound sound  :lol  

i gotta listen to his. tb's is pretty interesting too.  :D

tb made new stereo sounds, that i've been hearing a LOT o good about...got em downloading right now
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 01:06:13 AM »
i guess here would be an appropriate place to apologize to puma44.

i kinda sorta almost might've picked him tonight.  :noid

sorry dood!!it's not my normal MO, as i think you know!!

Absolutely no offense taken, Sir!  When things are whirling and twirling, it happens.  This is an air combat game.  This is the AVA where I've seen it grow quite rapidly into a chivalrous environment of gentlemen aviators.....and you are definitely one of them.  Speaking of vulching.....

I made a pass today that was initially thought to be a vulce but, was really a flyby salute in which I never fired my guns.  The top of that 109 was a bit dusty though. But, not afterwards.
  :salute
For me, vulching is a no skill, cheap shot, sign of desperation event that I have no use for and won't participate in.  But, that's just me....... :D

I'm always up for a nice flyby though..... :airplane:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:40 AM »
Actually I asked for help right after Puma decloaked and introduced me to Rangers pilot wound sound  :lol 

Great fun tonight, Sir!  :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:09 AM »
Absolutely no offense taken, Sir!  When things are whirling and twirling, it happens.  This is an air combat game.  This is the AVA where I've seen it grow quite rapidly into a chivalrous environment of gentlemen aviators.....and you are definitely one of them.  Speaking of vulching.....

I made a pass today that was initially thought to be a vulce but, was really a flyby salute in which I never fired my guns.  The top of that 109 was a bit dusty though. But, not afterwards.
(Image removed from quote.)  :salute
For me, vulching is a no skill, cheap shot, sign of desperation event that I have no use for and won't participate in.  But, that's just me....... :D

I'm always up for a nice flyby though..... :airplane:

that's funny!!

i had just landed, and just as i was about to hit the "end mission" button, i heard an engine. never heard guns, but heard the aircraft, then as i hit the tower(from ending) i saw a blur of wings go by.
 i looked on dar, saw dyko(  :D) over by your base with a red dot on him, which i thought was you. i looked at the roster, saw vultchy in as a bish, and thought it must've been him that came over, whilst you were busy.
 guess i should stop assuming things, eh?\

<<S>>

oh yea.......i finished installing twinbooms sounds last night.........can't wait to hear parts come off in stereo now.  :noid :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »

oh yea.......i finished installing twinbooms sounds last night.........can't wait to hear parts come off in stereo now.  :noid :aok

I WANT!
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 09:04:01 AM »
I've never quite understood the desire to keep everything a 1 v 1 cage match but then I spent years as a trainer and have had more than my fill of 1 v 1.

As I have said before if you ask me to stay out of your fight, I consider it a permanent invitation.

And anyone is always welcome to come help me or blast me from the sky. I view it as my own poor situational awareness that got me there and view it as an opportunity to learn.

Hopefully, I get to fly some this week but real life has been intruding.

And yes there are a few folks who have made the AvA their opportunity to make other people miserable. Some folks just get pleasure from annoying other people.

Schadenfreude.

Its bad for the arena and hopefully they will get bored and go away.

Radar is the arena's friend. It helps folks find the fight and keeps the annoying folks in check. Historically, radar was very difficult to eliminate so hardening radar to a high level would be an historical option that would definitely help the AvA

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure you buzzed me once as well Puma.. I heard the engine and saw a blur of wings go by..  As usual I got some chuckles.  I'm ready for tonight :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 10:23:27 AM »
I've never quite understood the desire to keep everything a 1 v 1 cage match but then I spent years as a trainer and have had more than my fill of 1 v 1.

As I have said before if you ask me to stay out of your fight, I consider it a permanent invitation.

And anyone is always welcome to come help me or blast me from the sky. I view it as my own poor situational awareness that got me there and view it as an opportunity to learn.

Hopefully, I get to fly some this week but real life has been intruding.

And yes there are a few folks who have made the AvA their opportunity to make other people miserable. Some folks just get pleasure from annoying other people.

Schadenfreude.

Its bad for the arena and hopefully they will get bored and go away.

Radar is the arena's friend. It helps folks find the fight and keeps the annoying folks in check. Historically, radar was very difficult to eliminate so hardening radar to a high level would be an historical option that would definitely help the AvA

i don't think 1-1's have to be all the time. i just tend to ask first(usually), and appreciate it if/when someone asks me before they come in and clear me.

often, someone will see a bandit on my tail, and just assume i want help, when in fact, i prefer to try to regain my advantage....or die a flaming cartoon death trying.

the other night, i had a blast trying to surround grumpy, and jc. i got em each once......but then they paid me back in spades......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 10:54:23 AM »
A good, in the phone booth, 1v1 is a lot of fun until some smack jumps into the middle for a cheap shot and kill....simple enough (for me, in the same category as the no skill vulch).  Now, when two guys are flying tactical and mutual support, as is done in real world combat, that's a different thing, i.e. a 2v1.  Mutual support in this instance is all about one of the two putting the pressure on the bandit while the other maneuvers out of plane for the kill.  That is just the way it is.  As is said out in the world, approach every conflict "with overwhelming force".  So, given a choice, it's always better to go 2v1, 4v2, etc with mutual support.  When cruising the twin rivers map in the AVA (have I told ya lately, Ranger, how awesome the map is?) and you see one bandit, ALWAYS assume there are two....you just haven't seen the other one yet!  :O  When there's not a wing man to mutual support with, use wing man earth, trees, and camouflage to gain the advantage.   :salute
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:23:46 AM by Puma44 »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »
A good, in the phone booth, 1v1 is a lot of fun until some smack jumps into the middle for a cheap shot and kill....simple enough (for me, in the same category as the no skill vulch).  Now, when two guys are flying tactical and mutual support as is done in real world combat, that's a different thing, i.e. a 2v1.  Mutual support in this instance is all about one of the two putting the pressure on the bandit while the other maneuvers out of plane for the kill.  That is just the way it is.  As is said out in the world, approach every conflict "with overwhelming force".  So, given a choice, it's always better to go 2v1, 4v2, etc with mutual support.  When cruising the twin rivers map in the AVA (have I told ya lately, Ranger, how awesome the map is?) and you see one bandit, ALWAYS assume there are two....you just haven't seen the other one yet!  :O  When there's not a wing man to mutual support with, use wing man earth, trees, and camouflage to gain the advantage.   :salute

funny that you mention camoflauge.

that's why you saw me in german iron last night. it seems when most people mention having a hard time seeing low cons, they always say they can't see the german planes. i had noticed this too. so i took a ride in a 109f.

let me tell ya. your pee40 blended into the background last night, just as easily as the me109's do when i'm flying american iron.

i think that it's more to do with camo, and with the actual size of the airplane. the me109 is one of the smallest fighters out there i think. smaller even than the pee40. the pee38 is one of the largest fighters out there. top that off with the lack of good camo for them, and it explains a LOT of why they're so easy to kill in there.......in my case, that only compounds my suckage in them...........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 11:31:12 AM »
I dont let it ruin my fun, I just go about my buisness and continue to have outstanding fights with the regulars(you know who you are :aok). Ill play the way i want to and if thats the way they want to play ill just get em later. :noid
Ditto. Exactly the way those of us who enjoy the arena should keep our mindset.

P.S. Jaeger's battle of the bridges tonight is going to have very short range friendly icons...anyone who has "picking" issues might want to slack up a bit on the ideology of 1v1 chivalry, or skip showing up for it. With a friendly icon range of D800, there isn't going to be time for check six's much less knowing who is intent on 1v1's.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 11:41:42 AM »
Ditto. Exactly the way those of us who enjoy the arena should keep our mindset.

P.S. Jaeger's battle of the bridges tonight is going to have very short range friendly icons...anyone who has "picking" issues might want to slack up a bit on the ideology of 1v1 chivalry, or skip showing up for it. With a friendly icon range of D800, there isn't going to be time for check six's much less knowing who is intent on 1v1's.

it's gonna be a fun night. i can't waitr to see pictures and shots from it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
well tonight is all out war for a certain area of the map, there wont be any 1 vs 1 tonight. i suggest  getting with someone ya know and winging up. even in a tank or bomber  ya should have a wingman to survive at all tonight. cant wait ... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :joystick: :joystick: :joystick: :joystick: :joystick: :O

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends