Author Topic: '' SIDE SWITCHING""  (Read 2522 times)

Offline drfritz

• Copper Member
'' SIDE SWITCHING""
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:25:12 AM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY RALLY REALLY REALLY. no really. wish. this is the wish section right? yes? no, Yes? that side switching was done away with. pick a side stay there the tour switch to another side if you wish after the tour. to much funny crap goes on. the few that ruin it for the many that do not. or at least make so you have no way to talk to your sqd if in other country. no pms, no sqd chat, nothing zip, cone of silents.your cut off super  stud, jacko latern.most guys will figure it out.. opps was that a jab with the old knife?. but really it does get old. be damn if you want to run any missions and such. but I ramble on. me getting so sleepy. must get sleep. nite nite all. :D :x

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
Re: '' SIDE SWITCHING""
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:32:13 AM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY RALLY REALLY REALLY. no really. wish. this is the wish section right? yes? no, Yes? that side switching was done away with. pick a side stay there the tour switch to another side if you wish after the tour. to much funny crap goes on. the few that ruin it for the many that do not. or at least make so you have no way to talk to your sqd if in other country. no pms, no sqd chat, nothing zip, cone of silents.your cut off super  stud, jacko latern.most guys will figure it out.. opps was that a jab with the old knife?. but really it does get old. be damn if you want to run any missions and such. but I ramble on. me getting so sleepy. must get sleep. nite nite all. :D :x
Have you herd of TS? ( Team speak) Well... i don't think no one can stop the player that switched side to speak to the squad after switching side. I see your point thou...... So if any player want to turn side just to give his squad info about someting ... hehe ( lets say, where is the CV )
No one can stop them.  :salute

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 02:44:50 AM »

Why? Spying doesn't happen as much as you assume. But my spy network is working right now to bring aces high the best inside information for a price. For the low low price of 20 payments of 1 cent you can be the proud owner of all CV locations and The location of the V Devils Brigade.

No refunds.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:33:22 AM »
Skuzzy we need a strictly troll portion to the forums. That would be a HOOT  :D

You could set if up like the classifieds and everyone could pick their topic of pissofficeness. Spys, ENY, Dweebs, Hoes, CVs and Shades.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:37:53 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 04:43:02 AM »
Why? Spying doesn't happen as much as you assume. But my spy network is working right now to bring aces high the best inside information for a price. For the low low price of 20 payments of 1 cent you can be the proud owner of all CV locations and The location of the V Devils Brigade.

No refunds.
hehe

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 04:43:35 AM »
Skuzzy we need a strictly troll portion to the forums. That would be a HOOT  :D

You could set if up like the classifieds and everyone could pick their topic of pissofficeness. Spys, ENY, Dweebs, Hoes, CVs and Shades.
hehe

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 04:52:10 AM »
you have to get your own spy to take out the other spy.
Lighten up Francis

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 08:18:54 AM »
There is good and bad with everything in life, same here.  The ability to switch sides has as many good points as it does bad. 

The idea of staying on a side the whole tour does possess some value I feel, however I can't see a way to implement it without hurting the common good.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »
The case for side switching has always been stated as necessary  to help balance the sides for game play.  Today’s rules of one hour before being able to switch back , as opposed to the original rules with a duration that involved days, not hours,  doesn’t  appear to me to have helped improve game balance. 
I’ve been playing AH for a long time now and I can’t really say that I see any improvement in side balancing as a result of the shorter time restrictions on side switching.   I also have become aware of situations where one minute I’m in a dog fight with an opponent for a heavily contested base and next thing I know that opponent is now on my side, in our squad mission headed toward the field he was just defending and low and behold, surprise, surprise, we get jumped , we being the 113th Lucky Strikes means we are all in heavy P38L’s and he’s the only P51D winging with us.   Even though we took a roundabout route and are at 22K.   Makes one wonder when reviewing the film he is seen heading for the deck and away from the fight, not engaging any bandits. 
I’ve heard other stories  about a spy being among us.  We took some losses but we managed to get in on target and take down the fighter hangers anyway.  I understand that spies existed during WWII but they were put in place and remained in place for long periods of time.    I think the one hour limit needs to be examined.   I’m on a squad that does not change sides.   It is seldom that Knights have a numbers advantage so there is no reason  that we would change sides.   Because I do check numbers once in the arena it is seldom that I’ve seen balanced  sides.   So the original purpose for side switching (to balance sides) as far as I can see, doesn’t work. 
People Should be allowed to change sides , but I’d like to see the original side switching rules applies.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »
HMMMM..  put a perk cost on it.  ONLY if switching within an hour and not switching to the low side.  So if you switch to the low side no cost.  If you switch back to the low side even within the hour still no cost as long as you are switching back to the lowest numbered side.  If you chose to switch back to a high number side, it costs a certain number of perk points from all 3 slots, Fighter bomber and GV.  Make the perk value the same as the highest perked plane at the time of the switch...  That will make spies think twice.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
I switch sides all the time to either balance numbers or (more importantly to me) find fights.  If you force me to fly an entire month on only one side, no matter if that side outnumbers the other two combined, how is that fair to me?  I hate hordes; I love fights.  There is no fight when you're in the middle of a horde of green guys.

As I've said many times before, it's not the game or the way it's set up...it's the people and what's between their ears.  Spying and "cheating" says volumes about someone's character - even more so because this is a flippin' video game.  One can only wonder what they're like in real life.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 09:07:26 AM »

As I've said many times before, it's not the game or the way it's set up...it's the people and what's between their ears.  Spying and "cheating" says volumes about someone's character - even more so because this is a flippin' video game.  One can only wonder what they're like in real life.

:salute
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:29:26 AM »
I switch sides all the time to either balance numbers or (more importantly to me) find fights.  If you force me to fly an entire month on only one side, no matter if that side outnumbers the other two combined, how is that fair to me?  I hate hordes; I love fights.  There is no fight when you're in the middle of a horde of green guys.

I’m trying to understand so please don’t take this the wrong way, how does changing sides “find fights”?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »
I’m trying to understand so please don’t take this the wrong way, how does changing sides “find fights”?

Well imagine that you are  knight and there is not a whole lot going on maybe a small fight with a lot of friendlies about. You look over and see rooks and bish have a huge fight going on the other side of the map. You can sit around on knights and do little or you can switch to bish/rooks and have a target rich furball and have a fight.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »

If I'm on the side with the majority of players in that arena, there are very few red guys to fight against - and those you can find already have 3-10 green guys on them screaming "Mine! Mine! Mine!".  Where's the fight in that?

Now, switch sides to one of those lower-numbered sides.  You now have more red guys out there, so they're easier to find.  When you find them, the chances of 3-10 green guys being around killshooting themselves to try to get that red guy are very slim.  You now have found a fight.

Oh, and since you're now on "the other side", the side you just left now has one more enemy with which to find and fight against.  Which also changes the ratio of green-to-red guys, making it a little less 3-10 guys ganging the one and only enemy on the map.  Which to me seems like would result in better fights for everyone.

...and what Kilo said.   :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:47:59 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals