Author Topic: '' SIDE SWITCHING""  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: '' SIDE SWITCHING""
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 08:59:30 PM »
I do believe we're from roughly the same era then so don't lay the 'back in my day' BS on me please.   The 'win the war' bit is only one aspect of the 'Game".  No one 'wins' anything but a do-over in that part of the game.  My loyalty is to the people I've met in the game, and it's played with the understanding that them and me having fun is the key, since this isn't real.  I have no 'enemies' in this game, just other folks who share an interest in WW2 history and aircraft.

You also argue that Hitech put the 'win the war' in the game.  OK fair enough.  He also put the ability to switch sides in the game.  Guess it's a non discussion then.  Don't see many posts from the guys like me who play to fight other cartoon airplanes wishing for the base capture, win the war bit to be removed do you?

Apparently Hitech had a broader vision for the game and those who might be interested in it, then just 'win the war'

First, I am sorry if you feel I am arguing a point.  My intent was to be involved in an open discussion on “sideSwitching”  Nothing more.  I do understand that Hitech put both the ‘win the war’ and the ability to change sides, as I pointed out he has altered the rules associated with each of those aspics of the game several times over the years.  If his intent was just to allow the ability to change sides, why have a limitation at all.  Just be allowed to jump from side to side as people please.  There must have been a reason why he didn’t .
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 06:55:15 AM »
Everyone should fly all 3 sides at some point if for no other reason to realise that

A not all Rooks are Alt Monkeys
B not all Bish fly in Hordes
C not all Knights wear leather shorts.

It works for the same reason travel works in real life.
It broadens your horizons, makes you reexamine preconceived notions.

Plus with a little luck you'll make a few friends who just happen to be on a side other than the one you fly most often.

Last, if you step back from the outrage, the pain and frustration you'll see that HTC is actually encouraging people to change sides to balance things. That is why we have ENY after all.

So you really think your frustration and change is going to get them to change their mind?
You really want to live in a world where if you log in and no one knows you your accused of being a spy?

I don't.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »
First, this is not the real world.  It is a safe simulation of deadly activities.
It’s not a real world, but it’s a cartoon game played by real people.  People that I’ve played this silly game with going on 10 years now.  So real friendships to the extent possible have developed.

I’m always amazed at how rude and curd some people treat other people  on this BB and within the game.  I think that perhaps as a result of using such an impersonal tool like the internet people have forgotten that real live people are at the other end of the e-mail or post.

Second,it is an individual choice.  If you want to stick with one country, knock yourself out.  If anyone wants to switch teams, more power to them.

I can agree to  equal power to them, not more.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
traveler, it is just because the majority of the rude people on the BBs are those who had their heads flushed in dirty crappers in grade school.   :neener:  The best posts are the ones where valid and polite counterpoints are made which usually leads to pages of great discussion with more and more people getting involved.  

The only place I can see guys getting rude is in modeling.  When guys who are less than informed start getting uppity, then yup, they need a bit of dialing in to get them to expand their knowledge.  My early posts and form of gameplay are 180 degrees from where I currently sit thanks to guys like WMlute and others.    

On thought pieces as to how the dynamics of the game are controlled, it is your opinion and folks should respect it as just that, and not be rude.  If they don't like the post, oh well, move along, no reason to be a banana.  

A few folks in here are the self professed "BB police".  $(#* them.  Post away man....  :rock
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:17:36 PM by dirtdart »
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »
I have a feeling .........

There are some who know themselves in certain situations.
When there is one that comes with an allegation of things happening, not necessarily completely by the book, but then there are sooooo many people knowing better.
 Maybe it's because that is precisely what it is all about. Because, maybe you would like to continue with that which is not totally by the book? When I correct to point fingers to those who ACTUALLY changing sides.( cheating or spying ). Call it what you want.

But what actually happens is that many go to the Bishops, Knights and Rooks.
Maybe it's because those are seeking actions. At a certain time of day, there are very few who are online, then there will be difference. The player can not choose the plane ( ENY to high ) , therefore go over to Bish, Knight or Rooks. Now, think about it. I think I have a point.

:salute Grinch
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:53:45 PM by The Grinch »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 03:36:33 PM »
No,  you  don't.

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »
No,  you  don't.

Can you?

I will like to know.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2010, 03:57:25 AM »
As a former chess piece loyalist, I must say that when I first came to the game, I was by default put on bish. By the time I actually found out you can switch sides, I had established bonds with certain players that have really helped me out. It was great working with these guys all towards the same goal of winning the map. I had no reason to switch sides at that point.

As time went on, real life situations reared their ugly head, I found myself logging on less and less. During that time, I came to the realization that what was worked on really hard the night before was just either regained by the other guys or thwarted by a map reset. Fact is no matter what the map situation was, I always had one to play on.

In FSO, WW1 arena, TA or DA. Map resets dint happen. They are still populated for the reason to learn and shoot down red guys. Most guys that are bish in the MAs wont turn a chance to play in FSO just because they are usually bish and now the event calls for them to be knight. So why should it matter in the MAs?

People that daunt the cape and tights for their country need to come to reality that not everyone that logs in to the game cares what the war is doing or what the map situation is. Yes you still have tools that do switch or have shades to find hidden CVs or missions or pad scores but I can honestly say that 99.999999% of those guys that are known to switch are just doing it to shoot down bad guys and nothing else.

You adopt a country here and establish bonds with certain players...more power to ya. Although considered blasphemy to some, squad tours are a great method to find out that the red guy you hated for such a long time is really a nice guy and alot of fun to fly with. Its also healthy for a squad recruiting, being that you are having a greater chance flying with guys you probably wouldn't get a chance to fly with just sticking to 1 out of 3 countries. Also keep in mind that those guys that switch to your side are there to help you out. Not being able to switch sides is just totally a very very bad idea.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2010, 04:55:33 AM »
As a former chess piece loyalist, I must say that when I first came to the game, I was by default put on bish. By the time I actually found out you can switch sides, I had established bonds with certain players that have really helped me out. It was great working with these guys all towards the same goal of winning the map. I had no reason to switch sides at that point.

As time went on, real life situations reared their ugly head, I found myself logging on less and less. During that time, I came to the realization that what was worked on really hard the night before was just either regained by the other guys or thwarted by a map reset. Fact is no matter what the map situation was, I always had one to play on.

In FSO, WW1 arena, TA or DA. Map resets dint happen. They are still populated for the reason to learn and shoot down red guys. Most guys that are bish in the MAs wont turn a chance to play in FSO just because they are usually bish and now the event calls for them to be knight. So why should it matter in the MAs?

People that daunt the cape and tights for their country need to come to reality that not everyone that logs in to the game cares what the war is doing or what the map situation is. Yes you still have tools that do switch or have shades to find hidden CVs or missions or pad scores but I can honestly say that 99.999999% of those guys that are known to switch are just doing it to shoot down bad guys and nothing else.

You adopt a country here and establish bonds with certain players...more power to ya. Although considered blasphemy to some, squad tours are a great method to find out that the red guy you hated for such a long time is really a nice guy and alot of fun to fly with. Its also healthy for a squad recruiting, being that you are having a greater chance flying with guys you probably wouldn't get a chance to fly with just sticking to 1 out of 3 countries. Also keep in mind that those guys that switch to your side are there to help you out. Not being able to switch sides is just totally a very very bad idea.
Really great written  :salute

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 09:50:35 AM »
Not being able to switch sides is just totally a very very bad idea.

I also agree that not being able to switch sides is a very bad idea.  I have never wished for that.  I just want the time restriction associated with changing sides increased.  The time restriction, that rule devised by HiTech only makes sense if it accomplishes it’s designed purpose.  From my reading I believe that restriction was placed on side switching to keep the lame in check,( lame = Spys, CV Spotters, Shades, ect…) if that’s not the purpose, then restrictions make no sense at all and should be totally removed.   I’m just saying that the current restrictions , the time limits don’t seem to service the purpose they were imposed for. 

A suggestion has been offered that anyone switching to the lower number side should never be restricted from making that change.    Currently  a restriction on a player that changes to the lower number side then attempts to switch back has a time limit,  I just want that time limit increased.       
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »
I also agree that not being able to switch sides is a very bad idea.  I have never wished for that.  I just want the time restriction associated with changing sides increased.  The time restriction, that rule devised by HiTech only makes sense if it accomplishes it’s designed purpose.  From my reading I believe that restriction was placed on side switching to keep the lame in check,( lame = Spys, CV Spotters, Shades, ect…) if that’s not the purpose, then restrictions make no sense at all and should be totally removed.   I’m just saying that the current restrictions , the time limits don’t seem to service the purpose they were imposed for. 

A suggestion has been offered that anyone switching to the lower number side should never be restricted from making that change.    Currently  a restriction on a player that changes to the lower number side then attempts to switch back has a time limit,  I just want that time limit increased.       

Again a big fat NO.
Think about what your asking. What that would do is more harm than any good. Side switching should be considered a good thing and as it is, 2 hours or whatever is too long. To the guys that switch that just want to switch to kill bad guys, it will hurt their game. To the guys that switch to spy or locate CVs, it wont deter them doing what they are doing one bit.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2010, 08:31:32 PM »
The irony is that limiting the side switching would hurt the air combat guys who aren't spying on CVs or NOE missions.  So to satisfy the win the war guys you are asking to limit the guys who don't care about the war.

In the end it's the guys who want to win the war so desperately that they spy you want to stick it to.  If you are that desperate to win the war, chances are pretty good you won't care about time limits anyway.

Don't punish one group of players for the 'sins' of another who happen to be from the same group that is complaining about them.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters