Author Topic: Need Advice..... Done with CH  (Read 2018 times)

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
Need Advice..... Done with CH
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »

Gents,

I have a CH 586 Fighter stick.......and have been having meen chronic pain in my hand since i Have had the stick.....maybe 2 years or so,,, its so bad I cant fly.

Last night I figured out what is causing my pain..... Its my freakin stick,,, stretching my thumb to use my hat switch.......     an i meen bad pain.

I need a new stick, the only stick i had before when i was doing warbirds and early aces high was a logitek force feed back,,, was a real comfortable stick

I need advice on a new piece quickly......

Is the g940 really that bad?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks All

Offline Thias

• Zinc Member
Re: Need Advice..... Done with CH
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 09:30:38 PM »
Some people have placed a foam ring around the bottom of their CH stick handles to raise their hand up higher to reach the hat. You may want to try that before giving up. Another trick is to place it on a platform lower than your desktop which will readjust how you hold it.

If you're still set on getting rid of it, and it's in decent condition, I may be interested in buying it. You could use the money towards a Saitek... x52 is what most people who don't go CH have.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:37:13 PM by Thias »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
Inch square firm foam block (packing for new pc's)super glued to right hand side of hand rest :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:47:55 AM »
Or cut a inch thick piece off a kids Swim noodle. Slice into the center, wrap it around your stick, tape in place.Grab a chunk of packing foam and carve it to fit.

Really it is as simple as that.

Figure out a way to raise your hand so you don't have to reach.

OR, go with a 20$ saitek ST-290 for 6 months to let your hand heal first.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:04:20 AM »
Played Air Warrior with a couple TM sticks , they died and I moved to CH , first thing I noticed was the feel of the CH stick not as comfortable as the TM. Didn't bother me so much but they did fit better (Ergonomically correct) , to bad their internals were poor quality or I would have stuck with them. They still look like they are the same style grip, check them out maybe they have improved in quality of their sticks and would fit you better.

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »

I'm gonna do the pool spaghetti mod today...... just to a appease myself...I don't think it will work In my case....

if the hat switch was were that freekin single button was I'd be gin i think,,,,,  maybe  i should get out the dremel and hammer and see if i couldfix it.

I hate the thought of getting used to a new stick..... I am an old dude,, 43,,,  just got my first pair of bifocals,, and thats no bull

Couldn't figure out my wrist pain till the other day,,,,, I thought it was arthritis, but it was defiantly the stick,,,, its when im strecting my thumb to use the hat switch.

I have Track IR........ used i 2wice,, got motion sicknesss, and was generally a pain in da balls to get used too...

i'm just sooo freekin aggravated,,,,, some many times i want too jump in the game , and didnt cause of my wrist...............grrrr and the stick was my prob,,, and took me 2 years or sooo to figure out

still open for more suggestions,,, will check out what was posted      thanks guys..

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:33:16 AM »
CH designed a replica which, in real life, is a sidestick meant to be at your side while seated.  Having it above your lap on a tabletop, forcing you to reach up and out, is what makes it uncomfortable.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »
i put the rest the stick right in my lap,,, on top of my other joystick :D

the base is the right size,, and really the ch stick,,, ya know i can grab it by the base with my left hand, and hold the stick with my right,,its light, so its nice and comfortable...... the stick is just tooo big....

Wakes

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »
Yes, I am having similar problems. My right hand starts to cramp up. Being a physician, I can see a couple things we can improve. The real F16 stick is designed to be at elbow level or so. Also I can see why people with small hands would have some problems too. Not the case with me, I say try the two things being recommended here. The third option would be to go to a smaller joystick AND use at elbow level, below the desk. You can figure how to do it, like a small, portable dinnertable or the likes. I still like my CH controllers over anything else for now. Waiting for the TM A10 Warthog... :aok

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »
MS Precision Pro is still the best stick ever made IMO  :old:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »
Still using the MS Sidewinder Prec 2 USB stick.
(prefer the button layout vs the Prec Pro)

And yes its great for smaller hands.

However, I did have to mod mine when I moved it from between my legs to mounted below my desk.
Position  of the stick does change a lot as regards reaching buttons comfortably.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 04:46:42 PM »
Waiting for the TM A10 Warthog... :aok

+1 QFT
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 06:32:41 PM »
If you use the throttle also, put the views on the throttle hat. Works for me
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »
I think I read someplace on these boards that someone had moved the 8-way hat down to the lower 4-way hat switch position so they could reach it easier. It"s been a while since I've had one apart, but I don't think it's too much trouble to move them.

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »

well did  the  noodle mod.......a ctually seems pretty good.... gonna give it a try in a bit..  i'll keep u all posted,,,

thanks guys,,,,,,