Author Topic: Need Advice..... Done with CH  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: Need Advice..... Done with CH
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 05:23:30 PM »
Regardless as to the G940 issues, the stick is almost identical to the CH as far as how it feels.. shape.. length.. etc.  Definitely not your answer.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »
  well noodle mod was sure an improvement..... but my hands sooo screwed up hurts like hell to get the hat switch,,,, just a far stretch for me.

TDecon,,, i'm just so use to a hat switch  ,,,,   Ive been on and off flying since the late 90's, and I still suck,,, so I really dont want to learn a new way,,, thannks for yoour advice though...

I'm just gonna but a new stick.... I dont wanna but junk.... 2 bills max,,, I have ch rudders.....

I'm telling ya. Try using sculpty like I suggested. You can make it as high as you need it to be and custom form it to fit your specific hand
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
Sounds like he found an MS FF2
-AoM-

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 08:56:21 PM »
Thrustmaster Fox2/T-Flight X  is a very comfortable stick.  Durability is suspect though.  One lasted a year and throttle slider died.  Second lasted three weeks when centering ring broke.   :(    Too bad because the grip and buttons on the stick are perfect.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 10:01:04 PM »
I have recently moved to a CH fighter stick. I read a number of reviews and comments about how the stick was designed from an F-16's handle, but that this was a low-down side stick controller. Many other folks say that they have trouble because it's up on a desk and the angle of their hand as it grips the stick only compounds the issues.

At first I figured I would be able to mount a small platform on the side of my chair, lower down (a bit above the seat level) so that I would be angling down to the stick a bit. I thought this would ease the hat issue and put it closer under my thumb.

I found it excruciating after an hour's play. It really does a number on your thumb's tendons.

So I mounted it up higher by modifying my platform so that the angle my arm met the stick was almost a level bend from my elbow then straight to the stick. I don't get the hat "knob" under the lower part of my thumb but I get enough traction to move it any direction I need.

It also totally stopped the tendonitis feeling.

I think this stick is poorly laid out, but the quality of the inputs and the rock-steady stick centering is very impressive.

I could think of a few mods to place on it, improve it greatly, but for now I need to relearn how to fly with it.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »
I Thank You for your Service.    :rock  :salute

And I'll second that!  :salute

You'll never take away the honor among VETS!

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2010, 12:17:07 AM »
And I'll second that!  :salute

You'll never take away the honor among VETS!

All the Best...

Jay

Amen Brother !
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Tinribs

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 04:20:11 AM »
I hope you havent bought anything yet because without any doubt the most comfortable stick on the market is the logitech extreme 3d pro,its also cheap and the build quality is not at all bad.I suffer with the same problem as you and have owned and tried a number of different sticks over the years and have never had a problem with this one.The best of luck with whatever you decide on. :salute

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:26:37 AM by Tinribs »
I carnt relax cos I havent done a thing and I carnt do a thing cos I carnt relax.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 11:22:11 PM »
Actually the wingman extreme's quality is by far one of the worst on the entire market. Often goes bad, wobbles the center of the stick within months.

Also, as nice as that was, I found that the MS 3D Pro Plus (Sidewinder) has a ver nice shape for the stick. Not the most logical button layout, but after I modded it with more buttons it was VERY comfortable! Almost molded to my hand.

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 08:37:01 AM »
bought an ms ff2 on ebay....
   about a 100bucks with shipping, by the pic it looks to be in good shape.

hope to have it this week,,, I'll keep ya all posted.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 01:26:22 AM »
MSFFB2 > CH. Now only if it worked 100% in AH.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
The Saitek Aviator stick is simple and easy to use. All buttons and hat switch close to thumb. Very little movement required. I have the original Aviator with the toggle switches. I love this stick. It's a simple design which more closely resembles WW2 sticks as opposed to modern fighter sticks. I've tried other sticks including Logitech. Don't like any of 'em. The Saitek stick has never given me any trouble. Had it for almost 2 years. Check it out at saitek.com.

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 07:53:42 AM »

Recieved The MSFF2 yesterday........nice condition for being pretty old.... pluged it in,,, works great.,...

gonna take some time to get used too, but I like it,,,, VERY Comfortable.

Big Thanks to all u guys  <S>

Mark

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »
  Recieved The MSFF2 yesterday........nice condition for being pretty old.... pluged it in,,, works great.,...

gonna take some time to get used too, but I like it,,,, VERY Comfortable.

Big Thanks to all u guys  <S>

Mark

Glad to hear its comfortable for you hopefully thats the end of the pain in your hand  :salute

A few tips

Try the stick with scaling disabled first and see how you like it, imo it is smooth enough without scaling but try it out for yourself.

The trim in the forcefeedback menu in game controls the spring tension in the stick, I keep my trim and other forces to 25% but its a matter of personal preference, anything above 60% is excessive. The motors in the stick are very strong at 100% things like gun effects will be more than strong enough to physically alter your aim by moving the stick as you shoot. The same goes for damage eg losing half a wing or hitting the ground at 100% the stick will be jumping all over the place.

For views I find using a combination of using the front trigger for an up view and the hat covers every view.

The throttle is excellant, the rudder I find more awkward to use especially with aiming using the CH before hand I'm assuming you have rudders? would probably in that case be best to lock the rudder function. Nrshida could tell you how to do this.

Good luck  :salute

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 05:00:31 AM »
locking rudder is a must
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario