Author Topic: Need Advice..... Done with CH  (Read 2034 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Need Advice..... Done with CH
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
Yes we know that the CH stick is a replica of a RL stick. Unfortunately, the majority of people do not place their gaming /sim sticks in the same place as they would be in a RL cockpit. The ignorance,arrogance or outright refusal of CH to recognize this and address it is astounding to me.
Just doesnt seem a smart business move.

In any event. I solved the problem by using a product that my daughter used to make little figurines out of called "Sculpty"
You can get in just about any craft store for about $2.00

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w8eiPbLHWUw/TJp-HGAk15I/AAAAAAAAALQ/KlobsENj7vs/s1600/sculpey_iii__77696.jpg

I took it and formed it to the general shape I wanted it then placed it on the stick and finished forming it by putting my hand on the stick, and hoding it in place with the other one untill I mushed it around till it perfectly fit the way I rest my hand. then carefully peel it off so as not to bend it, stick it in the oven for like 10 min and bake it. When its cooled you now have a hard version of the piece you want and you can either use something like silicone or electrical tape to hold it in place.

You now have an easily removable adaptation custom fit for your hand.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 10:45:54 PM »
I don't put my hand on the rest. I just lightly grip the stick so that my thumb is comfortable on the view hat. I still do this out of habit despite using TrackIR now.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 04:25:17 PM »
Several thoughts on this:

1)  For any game, one can lessen the chance of repetitive stress syndrome by consciously relaxing the hand(s).  This requires practice, as the natural tendancy is to tense up muscles under stress.  This has worked well for me.

2)  No reason to constantly access the had switches, unless you are using them for views.  If so, you may want to consider switching to numeric keypad for views.  This was the traditional method I learned from Air Warrior (pre-joystick), and it works just as well, so long as your keyboard can process combinations of 3 simultaneous keys (for example 8+6+9 for front-left-up view). 

TDeacon

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

well noodle mod was sure an improvement..... but my hands sooo screwed up hurts like hell to get the hat switch,,,, just a far stretch for me.

TDecon,,, i'm just so use to a hat switch  ,,,,   Ive been on and off flying since the late 90's, and I still suck,,, so I really dont want to learn a new way,,, thannks for yoour advice though...

I'm just gonna but a new stick.... I dont wanna but junk.... 2 bills max,,, I have ch rudders.....

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 04:29:18 AM »
I use the 8 way hat on my ch throttle for my views. Solves the problem.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 04:48:23 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,294819.0.html

Another very inexpensive way to address discomfort from the stick positioning is to use a couple of the rubber doorstop wedges (see the photo's in the linked thread) to position the handle in a more natural orientation when it's on the desktop. 

I got the ones shown at Ace Hardeware for a couple of bucks.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 05:13:45 AM »
there is a way you can move the hat to the 4 way castle, it is very easy, this is what I did, take the top apart and widen the hole where the castle hat switch sits, just a bit!!!!!! use a knife instead of a dremel like the website says,(so when you move the castle hat around it touches two points instead of one) then you need to program the CH software if you do a google search it is there.

Offline Grisbeau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 06:56:37 AM »
I've just dumped my Cougar for a MS Force Feedback 2 off Ebay. I don't use the hat for views but I do have small hands e.g. my Gerbing's motorcycle gloves are XXS/7 and they are roomy! The pad of my thumb falls naturally in the centre of the 8 way hat with my thumb still being bent so plenty of movement left. As a bonus it's also the best joystick I've ever used and only cost me £25. Mind you I still fly like a pregnant sloth that needs the lobotomy finished off.
IRON MAN - Fictional superhero.
Iron Woman - Simple command.

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »

Well,,,,, I sit here in aww from all the responces, and PM's from u fine gents trying to help me out.......

as in the greatest of gratitude,, I'd be happy to kick ya all my oldladie for a night each :D

Honestly, I'm a  Disabled Marine, and it really has moved me to see how many of u peep's went out of your way to offer your time, experience and knowledge to help me.....

lots of great suggestions..... but I think my hand is too screwed up to continue with the Ch, its even killing me using the mouse.

I'm gonna buy a microsoft force feedback 2, and give it a shot.   I have promised out my CH stick to one of the guys from this post.

This is a great place,, great people,,and it makes me feel like the comradity I felt In the USMC..... and I haven't felt that way since I left the Corps.

I sincerely hope that sometime in the future I will have the opportunity to help some of you all.

THANK YOU!

Mark

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 08:22:36 AM »
I Thank You for your Service.    :rock  :salute
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 09:49:27 AM »
 :salute

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »
USMC  :salute
-AoM-

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
Glad to help!

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 10:50:36 PM »
Semper FI devil dog..... :salute
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 08:05:30 AM »

Semper FI Devil Dog....... man i miss the Corps!