Author Topic: Wtg Shuffles!  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Wtg Shuffles!
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 12:53:31 PM »

However, if you guys insist that spit drivers are so much better than vet 38 drivers, okay, okay, okay.  Granted.

No, just refuting your claim that the P-38J or even the G are one of the dominant fighters in the MW arena, they clearly are not.  However, some of those that fly the Lightning can be dominant but that's because of the player, not the plane. 

If the Muppets are trying to make some type of point by trying to point out supposed dweebery on the part of others, keep in mind that the Muppets freely engage in activities that they look down on others for doing.  As the old and tired saying does, "when you point a finger at someone else, you have four pointing back at you."  Just something to keep in mind. 

/Discuss

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CDR1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 01:00:38 PM »
I thought MW was the best arena for challenging fights, I have been working with the LA5fn all month and slowly getting the hang of it, For me p38's are the most formidable fight, there is certainly a big range in the skill of mw 38 drivers. If they keep their E and hold altitude advantage they usually win. If they get slow and try and out turn the la5 they usually die. The Spit drivers seem to under estimate the la5's speed ability and turn rate. Shuffles is a good stick so WTG.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
Just because a bunch of noobs don't choose them in the hanger and the ones that do don't know how to fly them doesn't mean that they aren't competitive planes.  This is one case where statistics break down.   Just look at the charts.  They can hold their own with the others in MW easily.

You can say that about a dozen planes in MW, at least.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 01:04:50 PM »
The plane suks. Perk Shuffler.  :banana:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 01:08:05 PM »
Sounds like I'm gonna have to come back and put some folks back into place  :D
Tours 86 - 296

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 01:10:27 PM »
"when you point a finger at someone else, you have four pointing back at you." 
ack-ack

Should only be three fingers pointing back. How the hec are you pointing at people ack?    :headscratch:

Wtg Shuffler
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
No, just refuting your claim that the P-38J or even the G are one of the dominant fighters in the MW arena, they clearly are not.  However, some of those that fly the Lightning can be dominant but that's because of the player, not the plane. 

If the Muppets are trying to make some type of point by trying to point out supposed dweebery on the part of others, keep in mind that the Muppets freely engage in activities that they look down on others for doing.  As the old and tired saying does, "when you point a finger at someone else, you have four pointing back at you."  Just something to keep in mind. 

/Discuss

ack-ack

They are competitive planes.  That is all there is to it.  You can't argue that they aren't when they are just as fast, climb just as well, have extremely lethal guns, and are competitive turners, etc, etc.  Any argument otherwise can only be because the pilot of that plane has convinced himself it is difficult to fly - which in your case is understandable since the only other plane you fly is the B-25.  :D  My only point is that in MW doing well in the 38 is nothing akin to doing well in it in LW.  That is my only point.  I think it's great that Shuffler did well last tour.  I know he's good.  

I believe Grizz's point is that Shuffler does in MW the very things he criticizes Grizz for doing in LW.  That is between Grizz and Shuffler and it came out of the pick thread.  Grizz's point is that he does these things without apology and enjoys it while Shuffler preaches against them yet is "guilty" of the same.  I believe that is the point Grizz is trying to make, but I'm not getting into that argument.    I don't preach against it, so I can do whatever I want I suppose as long as "I have fun doing it and am respectful to others".
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 01:11:59 PM »
If they keep their E and hold altitude advantage they usually win. If they get slow and try and out turn the la5 they usually die.

No offense but low and slow in a La5 vs. P-38, the only way a P-38 pilot is going to lose is if he's really bad.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 01:18:32 PM »
You can say that about a dozen planes in MW, at least.

I know that.  The point is that the 38 is not at the severe disadvantage that it is supposedly subjected to in LW.  That is all.  It's not a big deal for a person with Shuffler's ability and years of experience to "do it in a 38" because a 38 is competitive in MW.  I am not taking anything away from him that he did a great job and he did it without manipulating the score system; I'm just saying that the fact that he mostly used the 38 is not as big of a deal as it would be in LW.  For me, this is not about Shuffler, it takes an above average player to use a competitive plane to dio what he did.  I'm just pointing out to Uptown that the 38 is one of the bigger kids in MW.    
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 01:18:57 PM »

/Discuss

ack-ack

Such as?

Offline CDR1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
none takin, but Ouch anyway, My experiance so far makes me believe otherwise. Perhaps what you say is true, I will continue with the la5 this month and see what happens.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »

/Discuss
ack-ack

No no no.  I am not pointing out dweebery.  I am pointing out irony.  There is nothing wrong imo, with how Shuffler flies.  But if you are going to fly smart, certainly don't come to the boards preaching to fly like corkyjr, when that is obviously not the case on how he flies.

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!!!  :headscratch:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :neener:

:bolt:

Fixed.  :aok

Was I the only one that got the Rush reference?

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
Blech.
-AoM-

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »
Was I the only one that got the Rush reference?
There are those who think that life has nothing left to chance.
A host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns