Author Topic: Chog  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Chog
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:31:39 PM »
I wasn't mad or being pissy because of our last encounter.

A fight is a fight. Plain and simple.

I was pissed because I got sick of the dramatic passion play that I was subjected to. I know how the squelch feature works, but for cryin out loud, I woulda had to squelch half the arena.

Sack up boys. It's only a game. :cheers:

<S> Melvin

Edit: Can you pick up what I'm layin down? Fella just wants to have a cold one and find some fun. Not get subjected to endless whining and finger pointing.  

Edit 2: Just a bad day. Didn't mean to bring bad vibes or diminish anybody's fun. <S>
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:48:02 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Chog
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »
the dramatic passion play that I was subjected to.
I just take drama like that as part of the entertainment value of my $15 cover charge.   :D
I try not to get wrapped up in it, but sometimes I get sucked in toward the event horizon...but rarely cross the edge.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:47:44 PM »
No problem Melvin.  The atmosphere was not the best at that time.  I thought you were logging because we collided.   After I typed "It takes two" I kind of figured to late that you may have been referring to the whole areana and not just me.  I find it strangely dissappointing that the whole virtual world does not revolve around me.  :)

Chog

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:20:44 PM »
I wasn't mad or being pissy because of our last encounter.

A fight is a fight. Plain and simple.

I was pissed because I got sick of the dramatic passion play that I was subjected to. I know how the squelch feature works, but for cryin out loud, I woulda had to squelch half the arena.

Sack up boys. It's only a game. :cheers:

<S> Melvin

Edit: Can you pick up what I'm layin down? Fella just wants to have a cold one and find some fun. Not get subjected to endless whining and finger pointing.  

Edit 2: Just a bad day. Didn't mean to bring bad vibes or diminish anybody's fun. <S>

if you're talking about what i think you are........that's not the norm there..........i was shocked to see that crap going on to be honest. i don't think it'll keep happening though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 11:24:48 PM »
my apologies to all of you. in the future i will try to spend more time in there.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
my apologies to all of you. in the future i will try to spend more time in there.

i don't honestly think you've got any reason to apologize. this happened. it wasn't your fault. there wasn't much you could've done. some nights like this are bound to happen.

my personal opinion is that you work your bellybutton off to give us a good place to play. it's up to us to keep it good. in that way, we can help you help us....and let you enjoy it a bit too.

there ARE things that we as the players in there can do to eliminate the types of problems ourselves, without grieving anyone either.

keep up the awesome work dood!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »

YOU have absolutely nothing to apologize for, sir.  The incredibly poor behavior tonight was nothing more than immaturity at it's lowest. The apology(s) are due from those who chose to engage in it......if they can "stand up".   :salute
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:52:35 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 01:00:28 AM »
i was in there for a little bit tonight, first time.

all was quiet while i was there, no fights no arguments. it was cool!

course the lack of icons will take a bit of getting use too!!!!!!!

i think ill start spending alot more time in there, worth the trip.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 06:13:58 AM »
That settles it!!!  Crappy computer, crappy connection, crappy skillz and all.........  I'm IN!

Trash talk and incenerate me from the skies all you want.  If my ole trusty Sony Vaio has to bid it's last farewell to this virtual world, it will be amongst the likes of you guys  :salute

I forgot to plug in my crappy schedule as well.  Had an extremely long shift tonight/ morning, so I am hoping to catch up with some of you early afternoon / evening birds if all goes well.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:03 AM »
i was in there for a little bit tonight, first time.

all was quiet while i was there, no fights no arguments. it was cool!

course the lack of icons will take a bit of getting use too!!!!!!!

i think ill start spending alot more time in there, worth the trip.

it'll take ya around 3 or 4 hours flight time to get used to em.

look in the ava forum...there's a couple of threads in there with helpful tips on flying and seeing the bad guy in there.......

welcome to the insanity sir!! :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 08:56:31 AM »
I'm glad I came home from work and went straight to bed!  :salute

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
you'll be ok Chili my crappy sony vaio is doing just fine in there. :x

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »
What Cap and Puma said guys.  I think you're doing an exceptional job but you can't do, nor be expected to do, everything everybody might want or play babysitter.  There are limitations on your time, what the arena will allow you to do, and what makes overall sense to the game.  

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »
Well, sounds like a couple of turds are trying to drop into the punch bowl. Maybe they're having trouble leaving their romper room MA mentality at the door. If that is indeed the case, I recommend for those who don't want the AvA spoiled, rather than letting the turds ruin the fun, act as much as possible as if they don't exist. That would mean no acknowledgment whatsoever and if any mention of the turds is needed, use the 3rd person perspective.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »
Well, sounds like a couple of turds are trying to drop into the punch bowl. Maybe they're having trouble leaving their romper room MA mentality at the door. If that is indeed the case, I recommend for those who don't want the AvA spoiled, rather than letting the turds ruin the fun, act as much as possible as if they don't exist. That would mean no acknowledgment whatsoever and if any mention of the turds is needed, use the 3rd person perspective.

good idea. and as i said........they get no help from me whatsoever.

so if any of you guys sees my pee38 come near, and you suspect it's one of them you're fighting......i will break off soonz i see their names. i don't like to be an ass, but maybe they'll learn.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"