Author Topic: Well, it's your $15....  (Read 1758 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Well, it's your $15....
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »

saxman,I was in MW today and you talk about engaging other players and watching them run.
 you yourself ran from me like a lil school girl when you realised your F4U was in serious doo doo.

i never run from ya. you take my poor poor pee38 apart too quickly.  :aok

honestly, i always love the fights with you.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 07:23:48 PM »
The closest I came to "running" was a hard diving spiral when I had an unusually well-flown A-20 and a Spitfire both dog-piling me and I was trying to drag at least one of them out solo.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 09:27:46 PM »
The closest I came to "running" was a hard diving spiral when I had an unusually well-flown A-20 and a Spitfire both dog-piling me and I was trying to drag at least one of them out solo.
                   the spit was engaged with a C 2,  i was the A-20 so it was just you and me

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
No, it wasn't. The Spit was right there behind me about 600 off when I entered into my dive. The C2 in question was still climbing out from the base and below us when we engaged, so wasn't even ABLE to pick up the Spit until after I'd started my dive.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:41:52 PM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
No, it wasn't. The Spit was right there behind me about 600 off when I entered into my dive. The C2 in question was still climbing out from the base and below us when we engaged, so wasn't even ABLE to pick up the Spit until after I'd started my dive.

So what?  You won't fight one on two?  Even when one is an A-20?  Just curious.  You always came off as better than that.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2010, 10:49:31 PM »
So what?  You won't fight one on two?  Even when one is an A-20?  Just curious.  You always came off as better than that.

although i'm confident i'll lose....i do....because someday, i'll learn how to handle that situation, and win.

in his defense though, cobia is downright scary in that a20.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2010, 11:17:19 PM »
Cobia in the A20 is damned hard to beat.  I usually run like a scared little girl when he is around  :O  unless I can get a pic or some other dweeby move  :neener:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »

in his defense though, cobia is downright scary in that a20.  :aok

More or less covers it. Was planning on knocking the A-20 out quickly then turning on the Spit, but I have no problems admitting the A-20 was better handled than I expected (I've actually NEVER seen an A-20 turn like that) so kudos for spoiling the plan. But there's a BIG difference between dropping down to force a change of position and get a second con off my bellybutton than bailing or milk-running undefended bases to avoid a fight altogether.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
More or less covers it. Was planning on knocking the A-20 out quickly then turning on the Spit, but I have no problems admitting the A-20 was better handled than I expected (I've actually NEVER seen an A-20 turn like that) so kudos for spoiling the plan. But there's a BIG difference between dropping down to force a change of position and get a second con off my bellybutton than bailing or milk-running undefended bases to avoid a fight altogether.

i've never seen cobia milkrun. he just seems to look for the fights in there, and barrels in headfirst.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »
I didn't say anything about HIM milkrunning, but that's the preference I've seen of the majority of the players in those two arenas (case in point: Before all of these fights started, 90% of the Bish were grabbing a Rook base. Rooks had NO players on whatsoever at the time).

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 10:03:37 AM »
One thing I can say about HTC and the $14.95 a month is the price has stayed the same for the 4 or 5 years I been playing no matter how many improvements HTC has made to the game. What else can you say that about anymore. I am retired and partly disabled so I am home a lot. The $14.95 is money well spent for me. Where else you going to find hours of entertainment for less than fifty cents a day and not leave the house.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »
I didn't say anything about HIM milkrunning, but that's the preference I've seen of the majority of the players in those two arenas (case in point: Before all of these fights started, 90% of the Bish were grabbing a Rook base. Rooks had NO players on whatsoever at the time).
i normally see knights rolling bases in mw. i haven't stopped in ew in a year or so.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
i normally see knights rolling bases in mw. i haven't stopped in ew in a year or so.
Was just in MW, thats what they were doing.....in an arena with 19 people, the first con I encountered was so high, was not even an icon. (later proved to be a PJ) He dove, we fought, kilt him on the deck after a long fight, then Cobia and a 109 came...plastered me.(PJ musta put out a signal flare) Next run, another group of nits orbiting way high over a v base (the only aerial cons to be found) cloud level Mossie, B&Z'ed, endless ho attempts with the hizookas. 3rd attempt, he pw'd me as Cobia showed up...yawn. Back to LW
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
Was just in MW, thats what they were doing.....in an arena with 19 people, the first con I encountered was so high, was not even an icon. (later proved to be a PJ) He dove, we fought, kilt him on the deck after a long fight, then Cobia and a 109 came...plastered me.(PJ musta put out a signal flare) Next run, another group of nits orbiting way high over a v base (the only aerial cons to be found) cloud level Mossie, B&Z'ed, endless ho attempts with the hizookas. 3rd attempt, he pw'd me as Cobia showed up...yawn. Back to LW

does this  :devil lead us to the base rollers for the night? it's ashame......there's some good pile-its. the same thing that happened to ew is happening here. lazydog can tell ya........we were squaddies when this happened in ew. it sucked then, and it sucks that it's happening here now.

cobia, is an awsome fight, win or lose. if you want a 1-1 with him, and you ask, he's obliged me in the past. he also is one that doesn't complain when he ends up in a multi-con fight with himself being alone. he is one of the true fun guys in the arena.....probably one of the last ones.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 01:03:04 AM »
MW has gone through some squad changes/upheavals as of late.  The complete domination the knights held for several years has finally been addressed by the rooks.  For a while it appeared as if the knights had been completely smashed, having retreated to the empty EW arena for some uncontested smash and grab, but alas the past several days have seen some pretty intense competition back in MW.  Even the bish have gotten off their backsides and joined into the fight.

Has been pretty enjoyable actually.

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns