Author Topic: WinXP Pro  (Read 846 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
WinXP Pro
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
The "Corporate" version you guys keep referring to is a version of XP Professional. Microsoft calls it XP Workstation and it can be installed across the entire office depending on how many licenses you purchase with it.

The licensing as I understand it for the Workstation version starts in at 10 and goes to whatever you need. This is what I gathered from the launch "party" I attended last Thursday here in Birmingham and asked the MS Rep about it point blank since I deal with some small customers that want to move to XP in the next year.

Since most all middle to large corporate customers tend to make OS upgrades when they buy there new systems every couple of years. Then they buy Compaq, Dell, IBM and Gateway; so they will not have to "activate" the OS since it will have already been loaded on the system ahead of time.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WinXP Pro
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2001, 11:36:00 PM »
Who says XPs a new OS???  :) Its basically Windows 2000 SP3.

Seems my problems ARE faulty RAM. It was corrupting the registry hive.

Originally posted by Skuzzy:
You're even more agressive than I am LePaul.  I usually wait until SP3 before taking the plunge into a new MS OS.
Although, I am finding it very difficult to move past 98se.  The lack of driver support for a lot of devices in XP is going to keep me away for some time.
Oh, does it have a DOS box?  If not, then it will never see its way to my hard drive.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
WinXP Pro
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2001, 07:06:00 AM »
It's hardware support that is holding me back.  V5 owner here.  :)

I use Windows 2000 everywhere else though... it's very very nice.  Don't wait for SP3 of Win2k... SP2 is excellent.  (SP3 is on the way I hear though.)