Author Topic: TOWN TOO BIG FOR AVERAGE SQUAD  (Read 19297 times)

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
TOWN TOO BIG FOR AVERAGE SQUAD
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »
Since the town change this has become a very boring game,with almost No incentive
An average squad of ten players cannot take a base .If they do its because they have no resistance.
The squad I am with knows how to take abase we did very well at it in the older graphics version
Now if you do not try to enlist the help of others and have a massive assault its not happening.
And trying to even do that is futile. Everyone was crying for change
Haven t we learned what change brings This town feels like the government. Its getting bigger and out of control . So now do we need get Tea party involved to reduce the size of the town ?

Personally I feel this has bolstered giant fur-balling  with no incentive for any strategy.

Either up the time that town is down for or reduce the number of buildings needed to be down for base taking .
this has become to mundane and predictable.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: TOWN TOO BIG FOR AVERAGE SQUAD
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »
I unfortunately have to agree with the town whine.  Not the political parallels you tried to sneak in though.  Wait, actually i agree with those too.  :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »
 :rofl
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
I don't see what the problem is with coordinating with other squads...  Most MMO's require this.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 09:39:06 PM »
It improved the game imo.  More difficulty was needed to make it more challenging.  It was entirely too easy before.  I still have little adventures finding my way around in those hedgerow mazes.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
There really aren't that many more buildings. You just can't hit all of them from one spot in town anymore.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 09:42:57 PM »
It improved the game imo.  More difficulty was needed to make it more challenging.  It was entirely too easy before.  I still have little adventures finding my way around in those hedgerow mazes.

It went from

[easy x                                   medium                                       difficult]

To

[easy                                     medium                                      x difficult]

Be careful what you wish for furballing tards.  When the prey die off, the predators go hungry.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »
It went from

[easy x                                   medium                                       difficult                          Extremely difficult]

To

[easy                                     medium                                      x difficult                         Extremely difficult]

Be careful what you wish for furballing tards.  When the prey die off, the predators go hungry.

FIXED! 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
Don't think that the town is to big it's just scattered out a lot more than it was. Also a lot easier to miss a building. I can live with it. :aok

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 10:09:34 PM »
It went from

[easy x                                   medium                                       difficult]

To

[easy                                     medium                                      x difficult]

Well said, a well balanced game makes more fun for ALL of us. The undefended base takes were lame but now it takes a horde to take a base which is lame too. It would be nice if we could just find the middle of the road.

~BParker~
SHADE

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »
this has become to mundane and predictable.

Really?  And the old town layout was exciting and always kept you guessing?   :headscratch:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »
I would make the town on the 'medium' level versus 'hard'.

Not everybody are furballers.  I actually enjoy furballing, and working with my squad to take bases.  100% furballing gets old and we need a variety to keep the game interesting.  By the way: Furballers don't give a ratz buttocks if a base is lost or won.

I did notice that since the new graphics came out - less people play.  Correlation or coincidence?  :headscratch:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 10:19:56 PM »
simple solution to complicated problem

let's have Tuesdays everyday! :pray

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
The town is too difficult for a small group of guys to take and by small I mean ten guys or so.  We don't mind the new town, it looks great and I'm sure a lot of hard work went into it, but if it's going to be that spread out we need the buildings to be down for a longer period of time to compensate.  A lot of the smaller squads now have no chance of capturing a field and basically have been side lined unless they want to just furball.  We don't mind a good furball now and then, but we really enjoyed being able to attack a field and attempt to capture it, with out requiring twenty or thirty other guys to do it.  

Not trying to kick a gift horse in the mouth here, I can remember dieing for an update of any sort in warbirds, so it's nice to be somewhere that they actually are continually updating the game; it's just that a lot of us feel that the recent change has left a lot of the base capture guys out in the cold.  Vr........
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
I did notice that since the new graphics came out - less people play.  Correlation or coincidence?  :headscratch:

Agreed, I have noticed dwindling numbers also.  Call me a nut, but if HTC doesn't fix this imbalance, the game is going to die.