Author Topic: HOLLY RICKETY WRECK BATMAN!!!  (Read 3364 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
HOLLY RICKETY WRECK BATMAN!!!
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
just got outta the AvA.......ww1 junk. sooooooooooooooooooo much fun. i think i augered, and gave each person flying a german plane at least 2 kills each on myself.

i do have to apologize to wildesau though,........that collision was my fault........i expected you to turn, but ya didn't.

i'll get some screens up soon, but right now, i gots to get to bed..........but those reading this.........go into the ava, and fly those old heaps o junk that they used to call airplanes. you will not regret it@!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: HOLLY RICKETY WRECK BATMAN!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:37:51 AM »
Last night was my first time giving those WWI crates a spin, online or offline, and it was a freaking blast.  That was a great fight going on last night.  Was like AH crack I just couldn't stop upping although I knew I should of been in bed.

I hit the ground, trees and other planes so many times it was pathetic.  Takes a bit of getting use to fighting so close and the sudden movements the enemy planes make.  All that lends itself to collisions.  But luckily the fight was low and close and didn't take long to get back into it.

I had a great time, way more than I was anticipating flying the WWI setup. <S>
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:56:11 AM »
Yep last night was a blast, pure dogfighting. One second you'd have a numbers advantage the next you'd be alone with four badguys... I haven't had that much fighting fun in years it was a constant brawl. It was almost like the game was new again. Nice job everybody on keeping it fun.

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:05:27 AM »
Sure as heck didn't LOOK like yalls first time.  Seemed like every time I got to the fight there yall would be swarming my butt.  You didn't even have to pull the trigger cause I'd either stall out or dive into a tree.  Farmer John was really unhappy about his barn and two milk cows.  <S> gents. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »
Nice job everybody on keeping it fun.

True true.  Knights of the sky, noble aerial gladiators, gentleman murderers.  Was lots of fun, in large part because everyone was so plainly happy and pleasant.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:11:03 AM »
True true.  Knights of the sky, noble aerial gladiators, gentleman murderers.  Was lots of fun, in large part because everyone was so plainly happy and pleasant.

- oldman

YEP......DIDN'T see a single bad word  uttered in there.....although i think i slipped with a few expletives, as i fell outta the sky in perfect sapp style.

i got em sewing two sopwiths together right now, so i can feel more at home.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 08:25:31 AM »
i do have to apologize to wildesau though,........that collision was my fault........i expected you to turn, but ya didn't.

I screwed someone over as well. Dr.I went vertical, I went after it firing (and I think missing as usual), tried to avoid as he slowed but I think as he pulled over to go back down he smacked into the bottom of my bird. Closure rate can really get to you.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 08:26:55 AM »
YEP......DIDN'T see a single bad word  uttered in there.....although i think i slipped with a few expletives, as i fell outta the sky in perfect sapp style.

i got em sewing two sopwiths together right now, so i can feel more at home.  :devil

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Photoshop here I come '

Ya monk I had my share of collisions as well.  grrrr......
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:28:32 AM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 08:42:04 AM »
If I can't shoot 'em down, I luv taking my D7 to the deck and jinking between trees and buildings until they auger behind me.   :t  Got more than one to do that last night.   :rock
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 08:45:55 AM »
If I can't shoot 'em down, I luv taking my D7 to the deck and jinking between trees and buildings until they auger behind me.   :t  Got more than one to do that last night.   :rock

i was one of them....... :neener: :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 08:50:35 AM »
I screwed someone over as well. Dr.I went vertical, I went after it firing (and I think missing as usual), tried to avoid as he slowed but I think as he pulled over to go back down he smacked into the bottom of my bird. Closure rate can really get to you.

might have been me! was a total blast in there last night. im looking forward to tonight! got my share of kills, and got my share of "pop, straight to the tower!".

<S> to all that played last night and kept it fun!

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:08:36 AM »
Have to agree was a blast and funny that at one point in time we had more numbers then the WW1 and MW arenas combined....  I havnt seen that many WW1 planes in the first day the WW1 arena opened!
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »
THE Thing that amazed me was how suddenly those german planes could change direction. it'd seem i'm tracking a d7 one second, and next i know, he's pirouetted, and now coming back at me going underneath...........

was MUCH more fun than i thought it was gonna be.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »
You guys flying the F2 didnt seem to have much trouble snapping around back on us......   But I do find the rear gun kinda funny...  I took out jaeger once while he was shooting from his rear gun.  I hit him from the front, full on hoe shot.  Told him i didnt consider it a hoe since he was in the back of the plane...  LOL
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 09:22:31 AM »
Yea it was great, i wasnt in there long but the time i spent was fantastic :rock

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends