Author Topic: Training  (Read 425 times)

Offline Fatboy26

• Zinc Member
Training
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:11:31 AM »
I've been flying off and on for a few years now, and realized that I stink and could use some help. 

I'd like to stick with the Ki84 and learn the finer points to the art of knife fighting.  I'm am horrible at E retention.  My gunnery is horrible at best.  I have graduated from spray and pray to just pray that I can hit something while conserving what little bit of ammo I have.  My throttle management is only slightly better than keeping it at wide open.  And finally, sometimes I remember that I have a rudder.  When I do remember it's usually after I've been stepping on it and am wondering why I can't gain speed.

I am looking for formal training, and all of the 1v1 time I can get in the DA.  That being said, I also work shift work and can't log on untill after 0330hrs Central Time.  I was not sure which trainer would be best to contact so I posted here.  If nobody can help at those times, my schedule will change in a couple months and I'll try then.
Proudly campaigning (screaming, whining, begging, pleading) for the addition of the Me410 to AH2

Fatboy

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 03:24:48 AM »
Check your messages, Fatboy. We should be able to work out a time.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 03:31:46 AM »
In addition to private training I would strongly suggest watching (studying) as many films of good sticks as you can. Really pay attention to throttle/flap control to start with. That was the #1 thing that accelerated my flying.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »
What has helped a lot, is going to the DA with sticks that are better than you and fighting them over and over again. Most good sticks will happily go with you to the DA and show you a thing or too as long as you don't take loosing personal. Actually, loosing fights is the best way to get better.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)