Author Topic: AH Old versions  (Read 1642 times)

Offline MAx59

• Zinc Member
AH Old versions
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »
Hi everybody, I'm new for this forum, but not for the game, and I want first of all to beg your pardon if it is not the right section to post this topic. Anyway I wrote you from Italy looking for help. Since many years my sons and me have found hours and hours of great fun playing together Aces High in a quite old version, using the H2H option. We are not so sophisticated to look for the most refined aero technical solutions and most of all it has been for us a way to spend time together. We like very much the game, but understandable we have no time to play on line. Some days ago we have changed our PCs sure to have the chance to download the new version and go on playing, but unfortunately we have seen that it is non more possible to have an "at home" LAN play option and this has been a real shock for us. At the end my question is if it is possible to receive from any of you an older version of the game still with the H2H option. It will be a great present for us as we are very affectionate to Aces High. We started playing it I think in 2003 or 2004 (my sons where 8 and 7) and is still for us one of the best game to play together.
I hope you will be able to help us somehow.
Best regards.
Massimiliano
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:05:58 AM by MAx59 »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH Old versions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »
I'd suggest trying emailing support@hitechcreations.com and see what they have to say.  Good luck nonetheless. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline MAx59

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »
Thank you Dichotomy for your help, but the suport team has adressed me to this forum as they doesn't archive any old version of the game.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 11:06:07 AM »
I'm terribly sorry to hear that.  Best of luck to you and your kids regardless.  I hope yall figure out a method to play.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 11:08:49 AM »
Several old versions have become popular in various archive sites. I try to track them here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Installation/AcesHighInstallationFullPage.htm

I also recommend that you always install the latest version, as it has many new features and is the only way to stay in sync with the community or fly online (highly recommended).

Regards,

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
Let me get this straight.  You've been playing aces high (for free) using the H2H/LAN options, and now you're complaining because you can no longer continue to do so with the new version?  That doesn't sound right.

HiTech Creations does not offer a 'box version' of this game.  They offer the game for free, but to really 'play' it, you have to subscribe to their online service, which is $15american per month.

One of the big reasons they discontinued their head-to-head and LAN play options is because too many people were abusing the free download of the game, and as a business HiTech must make money in order to continue to operate and develop.

While I am sure there are older versions out there that you can download and play, the legality of doing so may be in question.  Your best option is to pay up the $15/month per user and play with your sons in the online arenas.

With that being said, I have heard through the grapevine that HiTech is developing H2H play mode again, but a subscription will still be required.

Yes, definitely feel free to Email HiTech regarding your options, but if you insist on continuing to play for free, then I'm afraid that your options may be severely limited.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
the best bet for ya is to download the game, the LATEST version and then go the the offline mission section of this forum and download the offline missions....especially Rangers they should hire the guy, he puts out the best offline missions, this will give you everything New to the game and allow you and your boys to enjoy the greatest WW2 flight game, I see by your post that you really enjoyed the game before, its even better now, There is NO way at this point for the H2H, but the offline missions will give you at least some great game play with enemy that fight back, and like I said Rangers missions are just so insanely awesome he puts a crazy amount of time and talent into what he puts out you will thoroughly enjoy them, also grab his sound pack its the bees knees  :D

good luck and hope you get online eventually that's where the real fun is.

here is a link to one of the best offline missions, just remember to tell Ranger how awesome it is, he deserves it

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,283814.0.html

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 12:20:51 PM »
Let me get this straight.  You've been playing aces high (for free) using the H2H/LAN options, and now you're complaining because you can no longer continue to do so with the new version?  That doesn't sound right.

I am sorry, I must have missed it but at what point was he complaining?? Obviously he and his sons are aware there are newer versions out there and were asking a simple question.  :salute

Offline MAx59

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
Thanks to all for the help! You have been very kind and warm.
For Trigger:
Sorry for the mistake. English is not my language and perhaps I haven't express correctly my mind. Please let me explain better. My sons and me we were usually playing with the H2H option one or two times a month as we haven't so much time to spend together (in front the PC I mean). For this reason we usually play on Sunday evening before dinner for 20/30 minutes laughing and enjoying more our mistakes and crashes than our scores. This is the reason why we doesn't play on line: we have not enough time and I think "serious" player didn't agree our way of playing. We downloaded the game for free in 2004 with the H2H option and without any alert about it. Anyway if HT support team, that have addressed us to this forum, thinks we are looking or asking for something that sounds wrong or illegal I greatly appreciate if they will email us (they have our email) or will tell directly on this forum and we will never install the game again, because as I pretend respect, I'm the first that want to give respect the other's work.
Thanks again guys.
Max.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
Non chiedere scusa a Trigger, è un troll.

And Ink, that won't work for him to play with his sons.  I think he is looking for family action.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 01:05:02 PM »
Non chiedere scusa a Trigger, è un troll.

And Ink, that won't work for him to play with his sons.  I think he is looking for family action.

ya I know, but there is no way for that to happen, so the offline missions will give them some play ability.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
Max your english was fine. Many here in the United States would be hard pressed to equal your english.

I do not have any old versions of the game. I hope some of the more privy folks here can help you and your family.

I can see that quite a few are misunderstanding your post.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SOLAS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
just try the last version with LAN support like linked above. when the link did not work i can send you this version. with the loss of lan-play and h2h this game lost a vital part. but it looks like htc goes the right way and reestablish it in a new way, as a reply to my letter i wrote on my vacation, in this summer, from iwojima
The eagle flies up towards the sun
High above the fields of babylon
In one claw he holds an olive branch for peace
In the other, twelve arrows for his enemies

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights