Author Topic: Ultimate Lameness  (Read 4242 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Ultimate Lameness
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 12:13:11 AM »
Unless you don't own the port anymore in which case you are denying the enemy a resource that continuously respawns.

So you're saying this is the only circumstance in which it gets hidden?

Either way, i mean geesh who cares, get a horde together and take the port back.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »
The way I see it, CV's are a force multiplier for taking bases.  You get a friendly umbrella in the form of puffy ack, you have 8" guns that can demolish towns and hangars much faster than upping a set of buffs, you brign GV spawns into play where you may not have one, as long as it's floating you have troops and ord, and you can park it right off of someones base and pump planes into the fight as fast as they can.

Taking these out of combat is intentionally making your forces less effective, if you don't want to lose them, be smart.  Pork Ords.  It takes 20m to fly around and pork ord at 3 or 4 bases...  it takes 12 Hours to sail the crap to where no one can use it, and it's of no use to you.  What's the point?

Yes, I can up from any other base I want...  but any other base isn't going to follow me to the engagement.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 12:16:46 AM »
The way I see it, CV's are a force multiplier for taking bases.  You get a friendly umbrella in the form of puffy ack, you have 8" guns that can demolish towns and hangars much faster than upping a set of buffs, you brign GV spawns into play where you may not have one, as long as it's floating you have troops and ord, and you can park it right off of someones base and pump planes into the fight as fast as they can.

Taking these out of combat is intentionally making your forces less effective, if you don't want to lose them, be smart.  Pork Ords.  It takes 20m to fly around and pork ord at 3 or 4 bases...  it takes 12 Hours to sail the crap to where no one can use it, and it's of no use to you.  What's the point?

Yes, I can up from any other base I want...  but any other base isn't going to follow me to the engagement.

in those instances cv's are just targets to a good bomber pilot.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 12:23:13 AM »
in those instances cv's are just targets to a good bomber pilot.

Pork Ords.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 12:36:10 AM »

you gonna pork ords 2 sectors away?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 12:38:13 AM »
If I am using a CV, yes, I'll pork ord at the closest 3 or 4 bases to where I'm sending it in.  2 Sectors is a short flight...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 01:07:34 AM »
If I am using a CV, yes, I'll pork ord at the closest 3 or 4 bases to where I'm sending it in.  2 Sectors is a short flight...

personally, i tend to hit them from 10k.......need a little more than 2 sectors, and for those using it to be kept busy to make it in.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 01:49:42 AM »
c101 is mine and am turning it into a floating shopping mall :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 02:47:38 AM »
I see CVs frequently hidden wayyyyy in the corner of the map. 200 lights up like a xmas tree once someone decides to up 10 sectors to bomb it with whines of SPIES and so on.

I can totaly understand the tactic being used that the other guys may own the port, you dont want to deal with defending a group of fields every 10 minutes from a respawning CV, but I also feel that it its just as gamey to hide it.

I wish that maps had zones in those corners and once a cv gets hidden in that zone, it becomes visible to all without switching sides considering that it would be difficult enough to bring buffs endless sectors away to fight potential interceptors and the CV being turned.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 03:31:00 AM »
I hide cvs so I can drink your sweet sweet tears :aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 03:33:37 AM »
Anyone remember the "love boat" exiting and new :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »
ImADot, why dont you take control of said CV's when you see this going on if you do not like it???

I don't play for score and rank, so there are plenty of others who could take it away 1 second after it starts moving away from the corner.  Also, I don't care what these "win teh warz at all costs...it's war, don't you know" types do.  I switch sides all the time, so could care less how one "country" or another is doing.

Although I like fighting from, landing on, and defending a CV, I can go elsewhere to have fun in the game.  All I'm saying is that it's lame to hide a CV for the sole reason to have one more base tallied for your "country". 
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »
All I'm saying is that it's lame to hide a CV for the sole reason to have one more base tallied for your "country". 

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »
Navy squads just love hidden cv's 13 sectors from the front line fights, gives us time to practice our takeoffs and landings. [/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:11:42 AM by whiteman »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »
Help me out here.  Are there people in this thread actually justifying something as idiotic as hiding CV's?

LOL you gents gotta get out more.

well I'm not sure which is funnier, the fact that people are trying to justify hiding CV's or I'm not surprised who is trying to justify hiding CV's.