Author Topic: Ultimate Lameness  (Read 4258 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Ultimate Lameness
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2010, 02:46:59 PM »
The ultimate point is, that it doesn't help win the war AT ALL. If that's all you care about, fine.

Hiding a CV 300 miles from any useful position is stupid. It is one base in 100 that you have to take on big maps where this problem occurs.

Hopefully HTC will coad something so we can stop this madness.
Strokes

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »
In a previous discussion on this topic someone made the suggestion that routing a CV should cost something in points.

Perk the CV command.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2010, 02:55:25 PM »
 So you lose the port for that CV group, simply go get it back with the hidden CV what better way to promote a knock down drag out fight isn't it? if your worried about them sinking it then have a cap over your CV to protect it
 i thought this game was about all forms of WW2 combat, not you sunk my battleship  :cry
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2010, 03:02:52 PM »
the problem i see lays in the fact everyone wants to do your own thing and when you need the help to cap or fight no one shows up and you lose the CV from lack of said help. and then the enemy gets the carrier and next thing you know the next 4 bases care taken cause someone let the enemy get the CV back and they used it against your country. i said it before just cause your in a country doesn't mean any one person is helping that country to win. which i think is BS in itself but everyone has a right to do what they want. it be a perfect world if when you got the CV and you can attack a base and port and have enough help to use it properly.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2010, 03:15:20 PM »
the enemy gets the carrier and next thing you know the next 4 bases care taken cause someone let the enemy get the CV back and they used it against your country.

Gee, maybe those who hide the CV could learn this lesson?  Hmmmmm...actually using a CV to capture more bases and come closer to "winning teh warz"...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2010, 03:25:57 PM »
Just think where the US would be today, if we had not hidden the CVs at Pearl Harbor.  We might be typing these posts in Japanese or German right now.   LOL    :lol :lol :lol

Kidding aside, I make no argument either for against hiding the CVs.  Personally, I like to get the CVs into the action and mix it up.  If we lose it, we lose it.  It was fun while it lasted.  However, I also see the strategy of denying its use from the enemy.  Both points are valid. 

The other thing to remember (for those who complain about hiding it) ....  it is very easy to look at the map and determine if you are 'missing' a CV.  In that event you know it has been hidden, and THEY ARE ALWAYS HIDDEN IN THE SAME SPOT.  People around here are never original enough to find a new hiding spot.  If you are missing a CV, up Lanc and go to the same corner of the map it ALWAYS IS, and blow it up.  The CV will then be yours before you even get home to land.

:salute
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
Gee, maybe those who hide the CV could learn this lesson?  Hmmmmm...actually using a CV to capture more bases and come closer to "winning teh warz"...

this only works if you have the people to help you.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
CVs should be fought not hidden like little rats. Even if its sunk who cares?

There have been times Ive loaded up a Jug or P-38 with gas and gone looking for the one being hidden. While it may sound boing its historically correct enough to be interesting.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
If PCs didn't fall under 1000, Aces High probably wouldn't be around today.

Some of us spent not only thousands of dollars on systems and controllers, but $2.00 per hour (and in some instances, additional hourly costs for dialup access on top of that) to fly online flight sims.

So I think your prediction of the demise of Aces High if there had not been a general reduction in the cost of computing power is probably in error.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2010, 04:04:42 PM »
Add long rang patrol bombers with ASV Radar.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »
Id disagree a bit with that.............

My first question to CV hiders.........If you dont want to lose the port and CV...Why wouldnt you leave the CV at the port to defend it?

Or even swap them?  CV from port 1 defends port 2 and CV from port 2 defends port 1?  Its like hiding them by keeping them active
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2010, 04:16:59 PM »
Exactly Dedolas
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »
Or even swap them?  CV from port 1 defends port 2 and CV from port 2 defends port 1?  Its like hiding them by keeping them active

That's a good idea, but sadly some people can't think above a 3rd grade level.
Strokes

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »
Some of us spent not only thousands of dollars on systems and controllers, but $2.00 per hour (and in some instances, additional hourly costs for dialup access on top of that) to fly online flight sims.

So I think your prediction of the demise of Aces High if there had not been a general reduction in the cost of computing power is probably in error.

<S>

My post was in response to another, but in an era where these flight simulator games are becoming fewer and far between, cost of a system plays a role.  Do you think Aces High would survive today if it went back to per hour play?  I think part of the reason HTC tries so hard to keep the game playable on lower end systems is because a good base of the players are on lower end systems.  There are plenty of us (including myself) who have spent well over $1000 on Aces High related equipment, but are there enough of us to keep the game flying by ourselves?  I don't think that is the case; of course this is only speculation.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »
So lets talk.   Lameness?  alternatives ?  Dedalos had a good Idea. Talk alternatives to the Gamey attittude here.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead