Author Topic: Ultimate Lameness  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Ultimate Lameness
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »
 :lol  Every one of these kids that try to justify hiding a CV from a fight or keep it out of combat are the same ones that you will find NOE or auguring themselves to kill ords or radar, in a horde, simply avoiding everything and anything to do with actual air combat, they have little or no skill at fighting or knowing how, just the mental midgets of aces high that have determined that the best way to avoid a battle is to eliminate the ability to conduct combat instead of learning something more from what the game offers.  

So yes, you actually are at a loss, you lose the chance to gain knowledge of how to apply the aircraft at your disposal, you lose a chance at a decent fight with someone that may be able to teach you something new, and most of all its just one less fight that potentially could exist on what seems to be just a 3 large DAR bars on the map, again that is not what you want..   :rolleyes:  

A mob of players taking a CV out of play while having numerical advantage, conducting noe after noe missions with that advantage may be good tactics in a real war, we all would agree with that but its not good sportsmanship here in this game.  
However, This is a game of air combat, your actions affect everyone that plays this game friend or foe,  to simply give up on the learning curve of the game and decide the best way to approach it is simply by avoiding a fight is not the best choice.  Learn to fly, how to fly, you will learn more about what the game actually offers and not what you can simply game.  
Lets face it, its just not about hiding a cv, its hiding it because you want to avoid a fight....

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »
:lol  Every one of these kids that try to justify hiding a CV from a fight or keep it out of combat are the same ones that you will find NOE or auguring themselves to kill ords or radar, in a horde, simply avoiding everything and anything to do with actual air combat, they have little or no skill at fighting or knowing how, just the mental midgets of aces high that have determined that the best way to avoid a battle is to eliminate the ability to conduct combat instead of learning something more from what the game offers.  

So yes, you actually are at a loss, you lose the chance to gain knowledge of how to apply the aircraft at your disposal, you lose a chance at a decent fight with someone that may be able to teach you something new, and most of all its just one less fight that potentially could exist on what seems to be just a 3 large DAR bars on the map, again that is not what you want..   :rolleyes:  

A mob of players taking a CV out of play while having numerical advantage, conducting noe after noe missions with that advantage may be good tactics in a real war, we all would agree with that but its not good sportsmanship here in this game.  
However, This is a game of air combat, your actions affect everyone that plays this game friend or foe,  to simply give up on the learning curve of the game and decide the best way to approach it is simply by avoiding a fight is not the best choice.  Learn to fly, how to fly, you will learn more about what the game actually offers and not what you can simply game.  
Lets face it, its just not about hiding a cv, its hiding it because you want to avoid a fight....

I guess I need my eyes checked........I could have sworn I seen many many fights going on. Again HT PLEASE take cv's out of the game so we will have no more CRYING!!!!. DEFEND DEFEND and you'll have many fights. And NO Dads I am NOT a kid! The kid is the one who did get on 200 to tell the whole world about cv's that were in play and dont tell me that did not happen.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 10:33:59 AM »

..... Again HT PLEASE take cv's out of the game so we will have no more opportunities to have a fight, we can only fly in a horde and I do not want to learn how to fly like everyone else had learned, I just want to fight when I have superior numbers advantage and I dont want them to attack me with it, me and my minions will not give in because its our 15 bucks and if you dont take away the cv's we will continue to be jerks and ignore the whole intent of having them, we dont care what anyone else wants in this game but oh well, if you dont change it I will continue to come up with some other reason that makes no sense to anyone else but the lolly pop guild or I will close my account...... I mean it this time,,,, !!!!. .......

EDITED:

:rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
EDITED:

You said it youself KIDS in this game...........if the shoe fits. Just looked in MA......fights fights fights going on all over......time for new glasses my friend!!!!
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
How does hiding a CV promote combat? And by hiding the CV, aren't you yourself taking it out of the game already?  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:46:29 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
You said it youself KIDS in this game...........if the shoe fits. Just looked in MA......fights fights fights going on all over......time for new glasses my friend!!!!
Id disagree a bit with that.............

My first question to CV hiders.........If you dont want to lose the port and CV...Why wouldnt you leave the CV at the port to defend it?

Second......How long do you have to be on to get that CV way back there?

Third......You say hiding it is a good tactic but at the same time it is the most powerful offensive and defensive weapon in the game.......Why not use it? Even if you only use it to shoot puffy ack in a general area or give you an early warning/back up runway at an important airfield?

Rememeber a port with a CV off it is 100X harder to take then one that doesnt have one.....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline themaj

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
cv battles are Fun, whether you are attacking from one, or being attacked by one. Hiding them is not part of this equation  :old:
Jagdgeschwader 54 Grünherz

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »
Id disagree a bit with that.............

My first question to CV hiders.........If you dont want to lose the port and CV...Why wouldnt you leave the CV at the port to defend it?

Second......How long do you have to be on to get that CV way back there?

Third......You say hiding it is a good tactic but at the same time it is the most powerful offensive and defensive weapon in the game.......Why not use it? Even if you only use it to shoot puffy ack in a general area or give you an early warning/back up runway at an important airfield?

Rememeber a port with a CV off it is 100X harder to take then one that doesnt have one.....

We all know the answer to these questions, but will be interesting to hear what the answers are......  

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 10:54:24 AM »
so, they should give you the port without a fight too huh?

Pick up your skirt, wade ashore capture the port, find the carrier and sink it!

i realize this may require effort, so tough crap.

i would hide them in the deepest part of the country i could. this is gotta be one of the dumbest wines ever! :cry :cry :cry

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2010, 10:58:53 AM »
What a Lame thread.  Sometimes Wil3er, it's not all about you and what you want.  Grow Up.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2010, 11:02:40 AM »

I see no reason to hide CVs. Yesterday there was a guy that switched sides to call it out on 200. I could only laugh that someone thought the CV so important as to do something just as lame as hiding CVs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »
so, they should give you the port without a fight too huh?

Pick up your skirt, wade ashore capture the port, find the carrier and sink it!

i realize this may require effort, so tough crap.

i would hide them in the deepest part of the country i could. this is gotta be one of the dumbest wines ever! :cry :cry :cry

Ah, you must be a Devil's Developmentally Challenged Person Squad Member (Or at least an ankle humper of theirs).  Hiding CV's from the action just to have a captured base towards a war win is lame, defending those that do it whilst being rude is just ultra-lame to the 100th degree. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »
I hide cvs so I can drink your sweet sweet tears :aok
thats yucky. What if they have pink eye?
Youre a sick man
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »
thats yucky. What if they have pink eye?
Youre a sick man

Yo Bip!  Nobody sicker than you brudder!  How you holding out my man?

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 11:57:58 AM »
What happens is some smart guy takes the CV from another port to defend a port at a hot zone and moves the other CV off.  So when the port gets inevitably taken - since the CV won't respawn there when it goes down - the logic from a base taking perspective says the only value left to the now orphaned CV is to hide it.  

So the time to take action is not when the CVs are hidden all the way down in the corner of the map, it's when ports and CVs are captured.  They need to be either defending their own port or attacking.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.