Author Topic: Ultimate Lameness  (Read 4305 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: Ultimate Lameness
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »
Yo Bip!  Nobody sicker than you brudder!  How you holding out my man?

Way
Walking with a limp and sideways. Between the mass amounts of beer and 21 y/o chicks coming to my house every night. Kind of hard to hold this old body up  :devil :rock :cheers:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2010, 12:30:57 PM »
What a Lame thread.  Sometimes Wil3er, it's not all about you and what you want.  Grow Up.

Not as lame as the tools that take a CV and hide it to prevent if from being used or the twits that try to defend the tools that do it.  Which one are you?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
What happens is some smart guy takes the CV from another port to defend a port at a hot zone and moves the other CV off.  So when the port gets inevitably taken - since the CV won't respawn there when it goes down - the logic from a base taking perspective says the only value left to the now orphaned CV is to hide it.  

So the time to take action is not when the CVs are hidden all the way down in the corner of the map, it's when ports and CVs are captured.  They need to be either defending their own port or attacking.

Shiv, most the ports and cv's are captured when no one is on. I've been up between 1am-4am central time a couple times and it's groups running the map undefended. There's just not enough people on at off hours to defend against it on large maps. our squad switched sides for a month and it was a joke watching it go on and then seeing all the pats on the back for rolling undefended bases.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »
Help me out here.  Are there people in this thread actually justifying something as idiotic as hiding CV's?

LOL you gents gotta get out more.

If they hide the CV and they still have control of the port, then that is just moronic.

However, I am starting to see the argument that if the port was captured and there is no way to recapture it, hiding it is just plain smart.  As soon as the cv dies the enemy will get it.  If the way WtW guys enjoy their 14.99/mo and have their fun is by efficient war strategy, then this is the best course of action.  It essentially renders the port they captured useless.  You can't argue this fact.  If you are trying to win the war, this is the correct strategy.  Let me repeat, if you are trying to win the war, this is the correct strategy!

Essentially what you are saying to them is, "The way I play the game is better than the way you play the game".  No, that is not right Corky.  We should all be able to enjoy the game in our own special way mmm kay?  Let them try to win the war, and we can do what we do, whether it be turning aimlessly on the deck ignoring obvious threats till they shoot us down or trying to fly smart and stay alive.  To each their own! <Salute>

I still luv u corky. <3

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 12:46:04 PM »
Shiv, most the ports and cv's are captured when no one is on. I've been up between 1am-4am central time a couple times and it's groups running the map undefended. There's just not enough people on at off hours to defend against it on large maps. our squad switched sides for a month and it was a joke watching it go on and then seeing all the pats on the back for rolling undefended bases.

Well, you're right about that Bonesaw.  But I see players trying to be clever and switching CVs at a port during normal hours also.  Which is how CVs sometimes get orphaned in the first place.  And even if it happens at prime time that CV now is going to be sent to the back of the map most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:09:10 PM by shiv »
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »
Didn't we just have this conversation a few weeks ago.  :rolleyes:

I still believe if your country has already failed at retaining the CV or finding it after capturing a port, that's the start of the entire chain of events and if it's not addressed early, you loose your opportunity. 

As to moving it 20 sectors away, yeah, it's a little extreme, I can see the advantage to just having it a couple bases back, it can still be brought into action in a relatively short time, and can even be a more effective way of hiding one.  However, due to the number of people who openly admit to switching sides to locate the CV, it would be in a much more dangerous place closer to the enemy lines.  Rather than people searching for the CV (something I enjoy to do) we are going to have a couple very passionate anti-CV hiders switching sides the second they can't find a CV.  Those who openly admit to switching sides to find CVs are only hurting the problem, because when the CV no longer has the advantage of stealth, it must rely on distance to stay alive.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 01:45:25 PM »
If they hide the CV and they still have control of the port, then that is just moronic.

However, I am starting to see the argument that if the port was captured and there is no way to recapture it, hiding it is just plain smart.  As soon as the cv dies the enemy will get it.  If the way WtW guys enjoy their 14.99/mo and have their fun is by efficient war strategy, then this is the best course of action.  It essentially renders the port they captured useless.  You can't argue this fact.  If you are trying to win the war, this is the correct strategy.  Let me repeat, if you are trying to win the war, this is the correct strategy!

Essentially what you are saying to them is, "The way I play the game is better than the way you play the game".  No, that is not right Corky.  We should all be able to enjoy the game in our own special way mmm kay?  Let them try to win the war, and we can do what we do, whether it be turning aimlessly on the deck ignoring obvious threats till they shoot us down or trying to fly smart and stay alive.  To each their own! <Salute>

I still luv u corky. <3

Try and keep up Grizz :)

I've already started another thread yesterday where I've admitted you might just be right.  I'm thinking of leaving the 80th and asking to join the Claim Jumpers.  I'm studying for my carrier driving test as I type this.  I will need some jeep shooting tips however.  If I'm going to do this right, I need to learn from the best :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
The level of skill and sportsmanship in this game is in complete decline.  Between the 100 hordelings, the HOtards, and our Fearless Admiralty, I am starting to get the impression we're getting World of Warcraft overspill populating our arenas.

When PCs fell to under 1000 bucks, it was the deathknell. There is most certainly a new "dynamic" in place in Aces High
over the past couple of years. Couple that with the fact that it's now a major daycare provider (about the cheapest
to be found anywhere) and you've got all the makings of a tard'orama. Can you pass me the manna?

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »
 When PCs fell to under 1000 bucks, it was the deathknell. There is most certainly a new "dynamic" in place in Aces High
over the past couple of years. Couple that with the fact that it's now a major daycare provider (about the cheapest
to be found anywhere) and you've got all the makings of a tard'orama. Can you pass me the manna?

If PCs didn't fall under 1000, Aces High probably wouldn't be around today.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:38 PM »

I still luv u corky. <3

Just for arguments sake, this strikes me as being very similar to the NOE horde base taking strategies that resulted in the radar changes (unless my memory is faulty) where HT ruled that while those tactics may be the most successful method to take real estate they didn't make for very good game play.  Isn't this essentially visiting the same issue again?  

I do see some differences between the two which could be used to argue against this point but I just wanted to play the devils advocate for a second. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »
Just for arguments sake, this strikes me as being very similar to the NOE horde base taking strategies that resulted in the radar changes (unless my memory is faulty) where HT ruled that while those tactics may be the most successful method to take real estate they didn't make for very good game play.  Isn't this essentially visiting the same issue again?  

I do see some differences between the two which could be used to argue against this point but I just wanted to play the devils advocate for a second. :)

What say you HT?

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »
I can think of one glaring difference between the two that pokes a pretty big hole in my analogy Dads. :)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

1000??? a good computer can be built for 500-600 easy. i'd say that is well under 1000.00

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
heck you can run this game with a PC that's cheaper than PS3 :D

I'm not sure if latest generation of netbooks can run this though...

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
you can build a good one for 500-600, but you can build a great one for $1500(assuming you buy windows7)!