Author Topic: GV ejectors  (Read 2317 times)

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
Re: GV ejectors
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »
Why give you the pleasure of bomb tarding when the tank driver can just tower out? If I can tower out when on concrete and deny the pilot the kill, I will do it every time... I do not think it is a matter of being afraid of getting a bomb dropped on them like you wrote. It is a matter of why give the bomber a free kill?

I don't see how it's a free kill. He took a heavy aircraft in to hostile territory (almost sure death, if not accompanied by an entourage of clean fighters), dropped the bomb in some sort of precise fashion, and didn't auger on climb out. If you don't want bombs falling on your head, have a sqaudy roll a wirble, or fly air cover. Geez, what am I saying? Asking a vDevils Brigade member to use common sense!? I've been working too hard.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 06:51:18 AM »
Might be a nice addition to make it so tankers sitting on pavement must wait 10 seconds from when they .ef and to when they exit.  It would really make it difficult to end the flight based on the noise of dropping bombs and really isn't that long to wait.
+1  :cheers:
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
Might be a nice addition to make it so tankers sitting on pavement must wait 10 seconds from when they .ef and to when they exit.  It would really make it difficult to end the flight based on the noise of dropping bombs and really isn't that long to wait.

I disagree on a time to land requirement.  If they want to bail before bombs hit, then so be it.  It's their 15 bucks, and it's what makes them happy.  By the way, I never bomb GV's that are on friendly pavement unless the VH is down.  Why give up my egg for a less than a 100% chance of a kill?

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 07:55:04 AM »
I disagree on a time to land requirement.  If they want to bail before bombs hit, then so be it.  It's their 15 bucks, and it's what makes them happy.  By the way, I never bomb GV's that are on friendly pavement unless the VH is down.  Why give up my egg for a less than a 100% chance of a kill?

'cuzzzz yous gots tu win da warzzzzz
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 08:20:33 AM »
If I can tower out when on concrete and deny the pilot the kill, I will do it every time...
Think about trying to survive by staying in the game, rather than giving a guy a target to hit and then exiting out as soon as he commits to his attack.  Very poor game play on your part.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 08:30:20 AM »
Not surprised at the comments coming from the vDevils, what one squadron must do to make up for their collective lack of skill.

ack-ack

LOL.  That is so trul.    :aok
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »
I don't see how it's a free kill.

because he's sitting sitting still.

how about this "solution"? if a vehicle gets killed by a bomb and is not in motion, have it count simply as an object destroyed instead of a kill!   :neener:

i dont see a problem either way.. if you are bombing gv's at an enemy base, you're probably trying to capture it.. put your bombs on the vh(s), then on the gv's.. if they tower out then, who cares, they're out of the fight either way, you just don't get an easy kill to go along with it.  

also, i believe hitech has addressed the issue, and said it is like a defender's homefield advantage.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:17 AM »
Why give you the pleasure of bomb tarding when the tank driver can just tower out? If I can tower out when on concrete and deny the pilot the kill, I will do it every time... I do not think it is a matter of being afraid of getting a bomb dropped on them like you wrote. It is a matter of why give the bomber a free kill?

gotta love the mentality! i bet some of those real tank drivers wished they could've .ef'ed out of their tanks before they were blown to smithereens! oh well, there are little boys, then there's men!

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 08:44:58 AM »
... If you don't want bombs falling on your head, have a sqaudy roll a wirble, or fly air cover.
  :aok

A la Moil.Speak of Moil, is he still around?
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
i dont see a problem either way..

it is like a defender's homefield advantage.

Anyone in the game can alt out any time they get into a position of being killed.
Exiting a GV once a bomb is headed your way is the same thing.   It is poor gameplay, cheap gameplay.... but thats just how some people are.  Others stay in the game and with the fight until the end.  Those are the ones that make the game a better experience.

Homefield advantage?  no.  thats just HTCs code speak way of saying not important enough to address.  And I agree.  Some of us are going to stick with it, others will bail at the first sign of being beaten.  Nothing can be done to make those people want to fight it out. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
I rarely do this.  I just suck it up and either try to move fast or hope the attacker drops too wide or too low.

Bailing from a tank is the same to me as someone who bails from their LANCs the moment they are done dropping bombs.  It cheapens the entire experience.
:aok  :salute Same here. Besides, if I am paying attention, a last minute manuever makes the bomber miss every time.  :furious

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »
DERK, if you are so upset about GVs hitting .ef and just driving another 300 yards to the same position, then my guess is the VH is still up. In that case, why not drop on the VH? It can't tower out once you release your bombs, and you still get your name in lights for doing damage. Why drop on a vehicle when the VH is up unless you're just looking for easy kills? In that case, I'd tower out too.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 10:24:05 AM »

B4Busty, I think you may have hit the crux of the problem. This may be one of the very few ways this guy can rack up any kills either for his name in lights, or for score. Another instance of people not wanting to bother learning how to fight, just looking for another way to cut corners.  :(

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 10:29:03 AM »

QFT  :aok

That's why I don't JABO GV's that are on concrete.

Simple fix, really.     :headscratch:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »
I wouldn't expect less from the #1 Bulletin Board Tool in Aces High! Thanks again for another waste of hard drive space Ack-Ack... :salute
See Rule #4 + Rule #8
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy