Author Topic: What's up with the Orange arena and the arena's in general  (Read 3707 times)

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
Re: What's up with the Orange arena and the arena's in general
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
I just quit playing during the day.   :aok

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »
Thank you DaddieDrax for standing up on this . Some of the guy's that's been around for ever act like there scared to speak up and say any thing . How many people here keep logging on and off over and over and over trying to get in Orange when it's 101/100 or find them self waiting and waiting and waiting for the cap to be raised  ?

The cap won't raise if you don't go into the blue arena.

You think the cap just floats for no reason?

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 03:22:22 PM »
I'm not going in a arena with just 20 people in it . If I was going to do that I would play PF .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »
Well , I was not able to get in Orange all day yesterday and really thinking about quitting this game just because of this .When I do get time to fly I CAN"T get in where my Squad is . So , I will take my 14.99 and play in some one Else's sand box . Another point to make is your trying to take a base and get booted and can not get back in to where I was at , BS ! and for you guy's that feel the same you need to speak up now .

So, your alternatives seem to be:

1. Can't get into Orange, can't fly with squad   or
2. Can't get into Orange, QUIT, can't fly with squad

How about make squad arena Blue? 

^^

I believe there are quite a few threads, recently, indicating similar frustration with the caps.  I am also frustrated that the caps continually put me in a barely populated arena.
I'm not going in a arena with just 20 people in it . If I was going to do that I would play PF .

I just checked and both (orange and blue) arenas have over 90 players in them and Blue is open.

RE: Caps at 350?

Would you not being able to get into the arena with 351 people in it work better for you?

The key to the problem is here:

The cap won't raise if you don't go into the blue arena.

You think the cap just floats for no reason?

It's your $15.  Spend it not flying if you like.  Miss your squad?  There's always AIM.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »
 What is going on is when Orange is full people go to the DA until Orange open's up and when skuzzy made his post was 3 hour's later .
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:22:57 PM by Flench »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
I just quit playing during the day.   :aok

Many seem to have, which magnified the problem.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
Many seem to have, which magnified the problem.

What did HTC think was going to happen with the arena CAP's?

Pretty soon I will get bored of just flying FSO and quit for good. Until then there is no reason for me to biotch about the CAP's.

We have toyed with the idea of kicking everyone out of the arena at noon, everyday, but I am sure that would start up a whole new mess of complaints.

I would like to see after you guys did that if your player base would drop.

Check out the urban dictionary for SKUZZY lol.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Skuzzy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:19:06 PM by CHAPPY »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
So just what are you trying to say ? You got any more alternatives , lol ? What is going on is when Orange is full people go to the DA until Orange open's up and when skuzzy made his post was 3 hour's later .

Uh, my post was just a little over an hour after yours.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 04:27:28 PM »
It opened up right before you made that post thought , strange . All I ask is ,Just check the system out and see if there is something that can be done .

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
What did HTC think was going to happen with the arena CAP's?

It did work well (more or less) for a long time. Caps did not cause people going away in the first place. For 3 years, there was only a relatively short time (1h) where gameplay was suffering after CAP kicked in.

It's only that after the numbers started to declone, the CAP really started to be a problem for us non-peak players. The arenas don't reach critical mass in short time anymore. Numbers have dropped, but time & trigger levels have stayed the same. Now it takes 4 hours instead of 1 - and this is the main problem.

It's not that "I can't fly with my buddies" or "LWB sucks". It's because LWO is locked at 100  and LWB is creeping along at 40 players for several hours.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »
its a daily occurrence for us euros
and its getting more than a tad annoying
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »
It did work well (more or less) for a long time. Caps did not cause people going away in the first place. For 3 years, there was only a relatively short time (1h) where gameplay was suffering after CAP kicked in.

It's only that after the numbers started to declone, the CAP really started to be a problem for us non-peak players. The arenas don't reach critical mass in short time anymore. Numbers have dropped, but time & trigger levels have stayed the same. Now it takes 4 hours instead of 1 - and this is the main problem.

It's not that "I can't fly with my buddies" or "LWB sucks". It's because LWO is locked at 100  and LWB is creeping along at 40 players for several hours.
Exactomondo
#s are declining and personaly I dont see the consistent rise in both arenas to NOT whine about it. I dont see a need for more than 350 in one arena. Nor would I care if I was 351. It would make greater sense to me then and I know there would be epic whines if we had a fixed cap in arenas but I would think it would be much easier to stomach
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
hey!!!!!

just because im paranoid doesnt mean they arent out to get me!!!!!

:noid

but if they ARE out to get you,are you REALLY paranoid?   :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »
Some of the guy's that's been around for ever act like there scared to speak up and say any thing .

Maybe they arent acting
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 06:38:16 PM »
Exactomondo
#s are declining and personaly I dont see the consistent rise in both arenas to NOT whine about it. I dont see a need for more than 350 in one arena. Nor would I care if I was 351. It would make greater sense to me then and I know there would be epic whines if we had a fixed cap in arenas but I would think it would be much easier to stomach

Lets say that they make the caps 350. 400 people log on. You will have 350 in one arena, and 50 in the other. With the dynamic caps in place like they have it now, that same 400 is closer to 200 in each area.

I don't know about you, but if I can't get into one arena I'd like to see the other arena have 200 players instead of 50. Like Lusche said, a couple of years ago when the dynamic caps kicked in there were enough people logging in at that time that the numbers climbed fairly quickly. Now, not as many people are logging on so it takes MUCH longer for the numbers to climb.

I really wish Hitech or Pyro would chime in here and let us know what they think and why they are doing things the way they are. At least the info would be there to point out and everyone would know. I know not everyone would like it, but atleast they would KNOW what the deal is.