Author Topic: 13th TAS diversifying?  (Read 974 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
Like Yeag said Midnight...we encourage the 51, however, it is not mandatory. Those of us who fly the Mustang do so because we prefer it. We were fortunate enough to bring in some old flyers who are dangerous in whatever they fly...I'm sure that in time, they will see the error in their ways and fly the Cadillac of the Skies :) Until then, they will just have to suffer.

On squadnight, we are P-51 only...remember, it's only an uber plane because we know how to fly it...oh wait...thats not right...it's the machine not the pilots :)

Funked...can I use that pic as our noseart...it rocks!!! :D

Hiyas Nexx :)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
urchin... I belive that there are NO LW squads that fly LW planes exclusively.   It's all kinda seedy.... cheapens the kill buffer....  Guys sees "grupenfuggin 2" at the end of a kill message and doesn't realize the guy got the kill in a spitfire or....

That the "twin boom terrors" are a niky squad.

In all fairness... 13 tas doesn't have "mustang" or "pony" or P51 written in it anywhere I can see.
lazs

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: lazs1 ]

I believe you are absolutely right, actually.  I don't like it anymore than you do that there are folks in "LW" historical squads flying the N1K2.  I don't do it myself, but thats because I dislike the plane.  It does seem corny to me that folks in the "historical" squads still just fly whatever the best plane available is.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
urchin.... i don't care what people fly.   It's "historical" squads that I think are corny and blasphemus.
lazs

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
Funny how the vets don't see it that way Lazs.  Before you talk, you might want to verify you know just what the hell you are talking about.  Col. Frank Gabreski sure didn't seem think the virtual Northolt Wing or the virtual 56th FG were corny or "blasphemus".  In fact he seemed to be pleased and excited that we were remembering and honoring the units he served with.  Go ask the vets of the 100th BG or the 4th FG (and many more units) how they feel about the "blasphemus" sim pilots they have befriended...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2001, 03:26:00 PM »
Did Urchin just squeak about the La-7... again?

Change the record, brother. You're wearing a hole in it.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
One thing I found pretty amusing was when I was shot down by Furious of JG/54 "Grunherz" who was flying a N1K2-J while I was flying a JU-88 bomber!  Man, what a dweeb.  I know for a fact he also HOs, and poorly.  But, all is forgiven since he looks mighty sexy in those spiked leather panties!  Thanks for the pix, St. Santa!   :eek:

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2001, 06:11:00 PM »
Ooh I almost forgot, I found a song for FunkedUp!

SOB

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
well funked.... I might want a concensus of opinion on that one rather than a spot check.   i also doubt that they would be quite so thrilled if they knew what planes were actually being "flown".   No doubt some are flattered but I still consider it corny and blasphemous to use something someone else has earned, especially without getting permission first.   Perhaps "in honor of" or some such would be more appropriate?

If you buy a Harley (or even like em) i would suggest that you get some Hells Angels colors and wear them around the  biker bars for a while to prove your point about flattery.
lazs

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin:

I believe you are absolutely right, actually.  I don't like it anymore than you do that there are folks in "LW" historical squads flying the N1K2.  I don't do it myself, but thats because I dislike the plane.  It does seem corny to me that folks in the "historical" squads still just fly whatever the best plane available is.

You do fly under the ID Urchin, right? Change of heart since you posted this?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
Yep, can't beat em you may as well join em.  Good plane to fly when your team is outnumbered 150 to 30.  Did quite well in it actually, had two 7 kill sorties and a 6 kill sortie in one night.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2001, 06:41:00 PM »
I fly the plane I like to fly.

I like to fly the Mustang.

I NEVER worry about what another player chooses to fly.

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2001, 11:37:00 PM »
Urchin is the most unoriginal guy ive seen in any BBS.
His posts are so generic you could hide his nickname and you would never guess wich whiner is posting.
minus has poor spelling, Tac is hyperactive and always mentions nik and p38 engines in same sentence, RAM always goes ballistic, etc.
Urchin has nothing going for him. I say we make a vote to ban him.

I now request that we go back to the original topic mean to this post: MY LITTLE PONIES!!!!!!!!!   :cool: [/i]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »
Furious in a N1k2 ?!!!

He must have downed a whole keg of scotc before that or something... anyway, Off he goes for 2 weeks of potato peeling !  ;)

98% of our pilots fly LW Iron 100% of the time
the 2 % might test an Allied AC some 0.000001 % of the time he's online (No waranty!).

<confesses he likes to steal a jug on sunday mornings between 9-10 AM>  :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2001, 04:28:00 AM »
Hihihi.

I used to take a zero up for field defense, but don't do that anymore. I was about the only one who did that  :).

If ya meet 9./JG 54 in the air, you're definitely gonna fight LW planes. Simple as that  :)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS diversifying?
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2001, 06:23:00 AM »
Yeah, yeah, make excuses why don't ya.  I know you're all just a bunch of sissies who like to fly N1Ks and P51s while wearing lederhosen & listening to Falco.

SOB