Author Topic: The rate at which plane's positions are updated...  (Read 834 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: The rate at which plane's positions are updated...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »
Can somebody define stick stirring? Is it thrashing your stick about wildly making your plane flop like a fish out of water?

Or would rolling 90 degrees, pulling back some, rolling again, pulling back, rolling, then pressing forward to evade an enemy be considered stick stirring as well?

To me, anything you can get away with in a real plane is not stick stirring.  What IS stick stirring would be like pushing and pulling the nose up and down so hard and so fast that a real pilot would burst the capillaries in his eyes and/or crack the canopy with his skull - or twirling the joystick around in fast circles as if you're whipping cream.

Some legitimate maneuvers may appear as "stick stirring" due to Internet lag and the smoothing code the game employs.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 08:26:01 AM »
Kazaa I suspect those of us playing from distant shores sometimes see things that US players never encounter. I'm in a constant state of astonishment that the system works so well, considering we log in from all around the globe. I've noticed the update issue from time to time, although in the WW1 arena where I do most of my flying it seems much less of a problem.... not sure why but probably something to do with the relatively sluggish performance of the ragwings (less movement to plot?).

As for players using an artifact of the gaming system to gain an advantage (as opposed to simply 'flying the aircraft') I'm guessing that won't go away in a hurry, human nature. For me personally, I'd sooner lose a fight than exploit a hole in the code or a glitch in the network. If I die it's as a virtual pilot, which is better than surviving as an astute gamer.... those guys eventually get bored with flying and move on. 
"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »
I really should have left out the "call me crazy" part becasue lets face it, I'm cuckoo for Coco Puffs. :)
arent we all? :bolt: :banana: