Author Topic: I just laughed.  (Read 2254 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: I just laughed.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »
Vote for "no scores" on the second.

They are obviously shade for some people that used to fly in the AvA at an earlier time.

why do you asume that they're old ava members'?  especially when the kind of dweebery that they're so good at is rampant in the late war arenas?

forget those anal orifaces, and stop trying to bring this place down dude. it's a great place to have loads of good fights........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 07:47:59 PM »
I don't think they're former AVA guys using a shade.The smack talkers of the old days could back up their smack.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »
I don't think they're former AVA guys using a shade.The smack talkers of the old days could back up their smack.

exactly.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 08:29:16 PM »
why do you asume that they're old ava members'?  especially when the kind of dweebery that they're so good at is rampant in the late war arenas?

forget those anal orifaces, and stop trying to bring this place down dude. it's a great place to have loads of good fights........

I'm not trying to bring the AvA down, I love it.

I'm just saying there is no reason for this to be going on, that what puts the AvA apart from the MAs.
Strokes

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »

I'm just saying there is no reason for this to be going on, that what puts the AvA apart from the MAs.

Agreed, but you can't keep it from happening. Unless A. a staffer boots them, or B the whole arena smacks them down.
Niether will happen so laugh and go on flying. There's only a couple of them squelch em or ignore em. Maybe I'm getting mellow with age they just haven't got under my skin yet.

You're one of the last people I'd accuse of trying to bring the AvA down.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 08:40:41 PM »
Agreed, but you can't keep it from happening. Unless A. a staffer boots them, or B the whole arena smacks them down.
Niether will happen so laugh and go on flying. There's only a couple of them squelch em or ignore em. Maybe I'm getting mellow with age they just haven't got under my skin yet.

You're one of the last people I'd accuse of trying to bring the AvA down.
well, in a way, the second one can happen.

there are quite a few of us that will not assist themin a fight, and if they join in our fight, we exit to let the con have em for lunch. they also seem to get rather bothered when someone manages to shoot em down during their vulchfest.

it's only a couple of them right now.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »

ok, maybe i misunderstood. the thread seemed to me to be mocking the ava.....if i was wrong, i apologize.

bear in mind, that there are only 3 or 4 of em. when they get their buts handed to em, the get pissed and log. when there's no fight for em, they log.

if you happen to be on the same country as them......just ignore em, and let em pay the consequences for being asses.

all of my experiences in the AvA have revitalized my love of this game, and i'm sure as hell not gonna let those tards ruin it. besides, if you talk to jaeger1, or any of the other crew, you'll see how hard they're working at this....they all deserve our respect, and help.

and believe me when i tell ya......i can be a reall ultra melon when i want to be.....if i didn't truly believe in this arena, i would not be here talking about it.

keep comin in with us dude!  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 08:56:21 PM »
you tell em Laverne :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 09:00:17 PM »
ok, maybe i misunderstood. the thread seemed to me to be mocking the ava.....if i was wrong, i apologize.

bear in mind, that there are only 3 or 4 of em. when they get their buts handed to em, the get pissed and log. when there's no fight for em, they log.

if you happen to be on the same country as them......just ignore em, and let em pay the consequences for being asses.

all of my experiences in the AvA have revitalized my love of this game, and i'm sure as hell not gonna let those tards ruin it. besides, if you talk to jaeger1, or any of the other crew, you'll see how hard they're working at this....they all deserve our respect, and help.

and believe me when i tell ya......i can be a reall ultra melon when i want to be.....if i didn't truly believe in this arena, i would not be here talking about it.

keep comin in with us dude!  :aok

Same here, and I completely understand  :cheers:
Strokes

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 07:29:53 AM »
I've encountered them and believe I recognized their text style from previous AvA denizens but that may just be a false positive. The particular mental disorders that drive such behavior result in fairly homogeneous behavior patterns among the affected population.

Whether or not they are ghosts from the past, it is obvious the very positive, upward trend of the AvA is disturbing to them because it marginalizes and eventually discards them.

I am very happy to see the AvA starting to embrace its true potential.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 11:24:17 AM »
Actually I'm just not seeing them as that big of a problem. If I get picked yes it sucks but it's my own fault for not watching my six close enough. I was getting upset by the vultching at one point but again I told myself I'm playing into their hands upping from a base they're flying near. You can counter the things they are doing and it's not like they're the only ones picking and they're not even the only ones vultching. You guys would be surprised at the well respected member that attempted to vultch my landing the other night. One guy's pick is another guy's clearing his buddies six. As far as the smack talk... It reaches fever pitch when they're losing or having a bad night and it's not very creative anyway. So if it's aimed at you, you've gotten under their skin. Ignoring them and not helping them is probably the best solution if you want them to change their act. Giving them all this attention just re enforces their behavior.

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »
If I worried about scores then I would not fly in the AvA, Main Blue, Main Orange, Mid War, Early War, Dueling, or Training Arena.  I think that covers it all. Oh and I would not do offline either.

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »
from StokesAK:
...disable scores in the AvA....
+1

I've often wondered why we have scores/rankings in the AvA. It seems counter intuitive to an arena where the idea is to take chances, be willing to fight from a disadvantage and really push the edge. Score driven arenas are more about results than the experience itself.

I can tell these guys are obsessed with their ranking and seeing their names in the buffer when they land a few kills. The ranking system just feeds their egos and motivates them to run their mouths. It also promotes a type of game play that I personally would rather see left in the mains.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 11:02:41 PM »
i thought the score was off on that first time the twin rivers map was up.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »
it was turned on, because everyone was upset that it wasn't on. shall we shut it off?