Author Topic: AH History: Plane Poll 2007  (Read 1582 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: AH History: Plane Poll 2007
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 09:05:40 PM »
2.5 years ago the Brewster was kicked out in the first round... and was still added later. :)
Let's have a vote to kick it out again. :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »
We dont have an A-26 in the hanger yet..., and that thing is a beautiful piece of hardware.

BUT the question remains in my mind....Why is an A-26 needed when there are so many missing pieces that are needed from other countries air/naval air forces from WW2? What makes that plane necessary and a valuable addition OVER the other aircraft needed from Britain, Germany, Japan and the former Soviet Union?
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
Keep in mind that voting for an aircraft simply shows the popular preference. It doesn't supply HTC with all the data they need to model it properly.

Posting the information from wiki along with a picture is not sufficient.   :D

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 11:52:41 PM »
Upon witnessing the first atomic weapon detonate at the test site in Alamogordo New Mexico, Oppenheimer was reminded of a passage from the Hindu holy book Bhagavad Gita:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

We need the B29.  We do not need the nook!

:rock

He was just trying to impress the gang!  Everyone keeps a copy of the ol' BG for just such an occasion!

~AoM~

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 12:45:18 AM »
The thread pyro posted the other day was this:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,299257.0.html

Quote from: Pyro
I'm going to run a "what plane do you most want to see in AH" poll to help plot our future development course.  8 planes will be used in the initial poll, we'll take the top 4 of those results and re-poll and then take the top 2 results of that for the final run-off.  Use this thread to nominate planes for the poll.  List 1 to 8 planes you want to see in the poll but keep it to one reply. 

<edit>This is for new planes only, not updates or variants of existing planes, e.g. Ju 87G.

out of that thread they took 7 or 8 (?) planes for the in-game poll. damn why did i not get screenshot  :rolleyes:

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 01:21:15 AM »
I think that the Betty, He 111, Pe-2, early Yak variants, and the Ki-43 would rank high in a poll because people think of special events when considering what to add.  Anyway, we've seen (as Squire pointed out) the P-39, B-25, I-16, Brewster, and soon we'll see the Betty.  Those are all quite useful planes for special events, and they aren't the B-29 or P-61.  I don't think we need to worry about additions being biased toward late-war American planes.

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 03:37:08 AM »
I don't think we need to worry about additions being biased toward late-war American planes.

word :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:38:46 AM by Perrine »

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
BUT the question remains in my mind....Why is an A-26 needed when there are so many missing pieces that are needed from other countries air/naval air forces from WW2? What makes that plane necessary and a valuable addition OVER the other aircraft needed from Britain, Germany, Japan and the former Soviet Union?

Point of order: no planes are actually 'necessary'.

Also, part of the argument for the A-26 is that it would be a nice plane to blow away some bomber perks on, and it would also quite flexible (which neither of our current perked bombers are), as well as reasonably survivable in an MA environment.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
When voting I dont think of SEA at all....

I fly late war almost 100% of the time. I dont practice in the MA to get better for the SEA, I practice to get better in the MA.

KI-43 was my choice because Im a fan of both the Fighter style KI's ingame at the moment, Id like to see how this one does against late war birds.

Id like to see the numbers for people who fly for SEA or who would rather just fly in the MA instead.

I think that the Betty, He 111, Pe-2, early Yak variants, and the Ki-43 would rank high in a poll because people think of special events when considering what to add. 

Kind of on a similar level as Wmaker about American planes, Id rather see them fill slots where we dont have anything for it in the MA....Russian, Jap planes.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
  I don't think we need to worry about additions being biased toward late-war American planes.

HA!
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 03:27:27 AM »
HA!

I see your ha, raise you one ha, and call. :)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 03:39:43 AM »
I think each a/c type should be represented on a Japanese game show. Voting is so dry.  ;)
Now we are on to something, like a most extreme challenge where proponents of particular aircraft battle it out for inclusion.

No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 04:22:39 AM »
Upon witnessing the first atomic weapon detonate at the test site in Alamogordo New Mexico, Oppenheimer was reminded of a passage from the Hindu holy book Bhagavad Gita:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

We need the B29.  We do not need the nook!

:rock

I asked my local Hindu shop owner if he heard of the above passage he said "get out of my shop if your not buying anything" I left none the wiser :banana:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 11:12:29 AM »
At first I clicked "A-36", and then I realized that the P-51B doesn't get used much anyway, so why bother with an even earlier model.  I also realized that there were only 5 Japanese fighters - A6M2, A6M5, N1k2, Ki-87, and Ki-61.  Of those, only 3 are used with any regularity in the MA. So, I voted Ki-43, as I'm waiting to see if a pair of nose-mounted 20mike-mikes in an Oscar will bring any players to the table. A lot of Japanese aces got their kills in one, too.  I'm hoping some day the Ki-44 Shoki will be available, along with the French D.520.

I thought about voting Pe-2, but anything it can do the IL-2 can do better; or any of the American bombers.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:15:13 AM by GFShill »
==========