Author Topic: AH style VFAT Demonstration Team ?  (Read 431 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
AH style VFAT Demonstration Team ?
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »
Have any of the hot shot fighter guys ever considered putting together a virtual aerobatic team for demonstration?

VFAT is an annual event where a bunch of jet guys from sims such as Falcon and Lock On do these amazing aerobatic formation flying demonstrations like the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels...

I was just wondering if any guys from AH have ever tried to form an aerobatic demonstration team with the intent to put on what in essence is a virtual air show...

Curious,

Out

Oneway

Here is a you tube video on team Berkuts at VFAT 2009 flying Migs (I think)....on their field arrival demonstration....this is an East Bloc team...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeVXme3nUCo

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: AH style VFAT Demonstration Team ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 04:45:09 PM »
Have any of the hot shot fighter guys ever considered putting together a virtual aerobatic team for demonstration?

Sounds about as fun as flying bombers... No thanks.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:15:04 PM »
Sol75 was trying to get me into it. It seems like alot of work to get it down well so I wouldnt be able to commit to it.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »
It would be interesting to put together 3-4 guys and even see how much time it took to fly a perfect diamond loop in 38's or 51's ...

I think that pilots with bomber experience might even be some of the best guys to try this out...seeing as the serious buff guys take a great deal of pride in flying tight formations...and most fighter guys just love to kill crap and rack up kills...

I would love to see a perfect diamond of 51's do a barrel roll or loop over a field with smoke on as viewed from the tower in F3 ~ F8...

I am not suggesting its a good idea or worth a spit...

I was just curious if any guys have actually tried this....

Out

Oneway

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
Formation aerobatics is a lot of fun if you can get get 4 people with compatible connections, otherwise you might see a guy 60 yards away while he sees you at 30 yards. We've also had one person jumping up and down about 10 yards while the other 3 are smooth. I don't think AH allows you to stay as close as LOMAC does. If you can hold 20 yards through a loop with one other aircraft you're doing pretty good. Smoke in AH is so thick and short that I think you look better with it off.

The Berkuts smoke writing is awesome but I do prefer the Virtual Blue Angels.  :airplane:

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:05:18 PM »
The Skeleton Crew fiddled with the airshow idea way way back (late '90's I think). We discovered you need everyone 100% committed, this is not something you can half-arse (I don't have the vid anymore but it would have had you ROFL). Definitely for those into precision flying who like turning up on time and doing the same thing over and over again.

If anyone works out how to gatecrash their show put me down for the first wave. Imagine that.....

"Ladies und gentlemens pleez velcome Team Berkut.... ahhh vot is zis? Who are this guys in Me262's? Achhh they attack our Team Berkut!! Noooooooooooo...... oh the humanity!"

show ponies hehehe
"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 09:04:34 PM »
Sounds about as fun as flying bombers... No thanks.

He said hot shot fighter pilots. You don't qualify.  :P
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »

:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 10:13:41 PM »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 10:18:09 PM »
LMAO I just got done watching that spikes.  :lol
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner