Author Topic: Who didn't vote for B29  (Read 5888 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Who didn't vote for B29
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
What is the minimal number. We have the TA-152........ only about 10 of those saw service in WWII.

False. 17 of the h-1

40 of the h-0

and 2 C-1s

edit: h-0 is very similar to the h-1 only a couple modifications.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Void

• Copper Member
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2010, 05:03:51 PM »
I bet the B-29 if far from uber. I would have liked something more.... Exotic. And the only exotic planes of strange attributes is the Ta-152.
In Game name: Namco

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »
I think the list of planes left is another sure sign that fighting/combat is no longer the main theme of the game. If it were, people would have picked a fighter, instead we have bombers. Like most other "elections" the majority once again prove that they havn't got a clue.

The 410 is a fighter though.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2010, 05:06:30 PM »
If I had been able to vote, I would have torn between the Oscar, 410 and the B-29.

I'm pretty sure I would have ended up with the 29, just because I would have loved to fight against it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2010, 05:29:19 PM »
I think the list of planes left is another sure sign that fighting/combat is no longer the main theme of the game. If it were, people would have picked a fighter, instead we have bombers. Like most other "elections" the majority once again prove that they havn't got a clue.

So most of those that play AH are just ignorant fools, while you and a select few are "enlightened" about what we need in the game?
Maybe HTC should have just consulted you personally, so the hangars could be filled with planes that only see the light of day a few times a year in the SEA.

Out of those eight in the poll, the B-29 and A-26 would (IMO) see the most useage and the B-29 is the only one besides the Beau that I would fly regularly.  I voted for the B-29. Twice.  We have many fighters to choose from in game, yet most fighter sorties are in 51Ds, Spits and F4Us.  How often would we see a He111 or Ki-43 in the mains? 

HTC put the B-29 in the poll.  Are they clueless for offering it up to a vote?  The majority of "clueless" pilots - the ones you hold in such low regard - would rather have something they will actually fly.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: November 02, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »
I cannot imagine why this game needs the B-29.

But if it's coming we will need a latewar fighter with 40K cieling and 400mph+ speed and a big cannon to knock it out of the sky... hmmmmm

like the p-63!    :D
TA-152 My friend....it only gets good at 30K+, guess we will be seeing more of it in action  :aok

ohh...and for the count, I didn't vote B-29..  :rock
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2010, 06:05:52 PM »
The 410 is a fighter though.

And a not very good one at that as well.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »
  How often would we see a He111 or Ki-43 in the mains? 

You'd see the Ki-43 just as much as you'd see the A6M5 in the LW arenas.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »

ack-ack

Coming from a guy that loves flying the zeke, probably even more.  :aok
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2010, 06:18:44 PM »

ack-ack

after an inital craze, much less than the A6M5 because

- the majority of A6M sorties is flown from CVs, Zeros are quite rare in pure land based battles. The Ki-43 however is no CV plane
- the A6M5 has 20mm cannons, which clearly making it the more attractive choice for the average player.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »

:cry :cry :cry

oh well

410  :cheers:

B29  :furious

Beau Jest  :banana: :banana: :banana:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
Zeros with 20mms or Ki43 with peashooters.....hmm.

On a side note:One of my most memorable sorties ever was in WBs.  In a single sortie I downed  six F4Fs in a Ki43 and landed with 97 rounds left over (loadout was 200).  All cockpit snipes under 50 yards.  Wish we had film back then :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
I voted for the A26 for the main selfish reason that I will use it :aok, I'd love to see the 410 as well, and will vote for the 410 if the A26 is out the running.  I do agree that the 111 is desperately needed in BOB battles.  I'll never use the B29 personally, so not planning on voting that way.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »
Let me say that the planes left are definitely not the ones I would have chosen.  However, you are throwing some hard to prove ideas out there.  How do you know that the majority is clueless?  Further, how do the remaining choices indicate a disinterest in combat?  I can imagine both contenders in combat situations.  Can't you? :headscratch:

Wow!!! Lets everyone take this personally!

First off anything over 51% is the majority, so that leave lots of room for people that still have a clue. No I really don't see much chance of combat with the choices left. You know as well as I that it's going to come down to the A26 or the B29. With either all we are going to see more dive bombing in buffs. Granted the A26 should excell at that, but fight??? Nope auger/bail rinse and repeat.

You might have had a point...if there had been any fighter in that list with a profile and name recognition as high as the B-29 or invader. In other words, a P-47 or a Mustang or a Spitfire.
Not something relatively obscure like a Ki-43 or a YaK-3

Now that I hear some of you screaming... yes, I'm serious. How often do you think has the average young American subscriber has heard about the glorious B-29, and how often about the Ki-43?

(Another thing... since when is fighting defined as flying fighters only?)

5-7 years ago you wouldn't have seen anything but fighters on that list. Back then that was what the game was about. We had a couple of buffs and mission did very well with them. Now all you see is people grabbing the biggest bomb load they can to dive bomb single GVs  :rolleyes:

What about people like me who like to fly buffs most of the time and don't do the whole dogfighting thing? I voted for aircraft that I intend to fly and none of those aircraft are fighters. Just because I don't vote or fly fighters doesn't mean I don't have a clue.

Believe it or not I fly bombers to enjoy the fights I get into with attacking fighters. I could care less about bombing things nowadays as I've been doing it for 10 years. An example: Last month I found myself facing Grizz and Kappa doubling teaming my B17's in Me262's. The battle went on for a good 5 minutes and in the end I lost but I gave both of them black eyes and smoked their engines. That fight is what I live for in Aces High, that is my dogfight.

I'm guessing you'd be one of those in the 49% that does have a clue. I too like to fly buffs now and then. When there are no good fights going on I'll fill the time with a buff run or two. I'm not saying everyone "but a select few" are idiots, but we are inundated with kids playing a "game" and by game they have to play to an "endgame", in this case win the war, and they will do that any way they can. Now we are going to give them a bomber that carries MORE bombs and flys FASTER. This game had ALWAYS been about combat, and everything else was to be used as vehicles to that end. They might as well give each contry one tactical nuke to blow up those last 7 or 8 bases so they can "win da waz!"

So most of those that play AH are just ignorant fools, while you and a select few are "enlightened" about what we need in the game?
Maybe HTC should have just consulted you personally, so the hangars could be filled with planes that only see the light of day a few times a year in the SEA.

Out of those eight in the poll, the B-29 and A-26 would (IMO) see the most useage and the B-29 is the only one besides the Beau that I would fly regularly.  I voted for the B-29. Twice.  We have many fighters to choose from in game, yet most fighter sorties are in 51Ds, Spits and F4Us.  How often would we see a He111 or Ki-43 in the mains? 

HTC put the B-29 in the poll.  Are they clueless for offering it up to a vote?  The majority of "clueless" pilots - the ones you hold in such low regard - would rather have something they will actually fly.

To be honest with ya, I think Skuzzy put the B29 in the list so that it gets added. With out all the B29 threads on the boards and ensuing arguments that come from them He'll be able to cut back the time he spends monitoring the boards and have time for more important things like solitaire  :neener: 

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2010, 07:24:32 PM »
"Granted the A26 should excell at that, but fight??? Nope auger/bail rinse and repeat."

Its role should be just like the A20, in midwar.  It's my mudmover that I can fight with.  Granted most don't fight with it properly (only had one student ask for it), but those of us that do, really enjoy the A20.  No reason to think that the A26 won't have the same role and surviveability in late war, as the A20 does in midwar.

:salute
BigRat   

When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat