Author Topic: dun connects went to hell in me. and 98 tweeks?  (Read 369 times)

-towd_

dun connects went to hell in me. and 98 tweeks?
« on: October 26, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
another weird thing whin i installed me on my sys sudenly my dial up speet on a analog external modem went from 40,000 or 44,000 to 26,000 baud and below. i can watch the lights on my modem and it was like never a stedy stream of data as it had been befor( i at the time thought it was the net). now back to 98 r2 updated with all security updats im gettin 38,000 or so BUT the first times i dailed out befor updating my copy of 98 r2 i was getting all 40,000 and 44,000 and even 48,000 ( im 30 miles from my isp) so i think i might install the whole thing again and be very selective about what dun updates i do .

ohh and did i mention that directx 8 is ununinstallable lol on windows me at least.

now none of these things were done in enought of a statistical sample . its just a few observations, please take it as such

. if you have any aditionnal tweeks for frame rate i would love to hear um . im  runinn a

cellery 366 at 550 100mhz buss
128 meg 8 ns  ram

voodoo 3 2000 pci ( best speed drivers for it ?and should i oc it?)
maxtor 15 gig 66

viking external modem ,serial.( so i can over clock the pci bus if i can ever figure how lol)

a-trend aatc 6240 v mb with the via apollo pro+/apollo 133 ( i cant seem to get the bios updated does this effect frame rate?)

saitec x 36 usb 10 months of flawless operation ( ditch the box drivers break the cd)

im not afraid of changing sysem settings just looking for a couple more frames per second yall . i will report the results of any effects from sugesstions back here  

lots of fans hehe

thanks in advance for any help sean/towd