Author Topic: introducing....  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
introducing....
« on: November 03, 2010, 07:19:16 AM »
F.A.A.T
Furballers Against Alt Tards

Took off from a base today in a sector with the biggest dar, thinking oh goody, there is a good fight going on down there so I level at 9K ( I was in my La-5 so that is my preferred altitude)
and then when I get in range of the base, I look down, see nothing, and think to myself, oh wow, they are so low to the water I cant even see their icons, then as I got closer looked up, and as I said, I was at 9K, and this massive cloud of about 25 -30 planes, all enemy, was just loitering at what seemed like 18 to 25k over the base doing nothing!, there were tons of friendlies taking off below that would be easy pickings, but no most of them just hung out way up there, a few came down, made one pass then ran away, and that was my night in TT, so I went to the DA and had fun in real furballs.

so for all you guys who just enjoy the furball and don't want to worry about alt monkeys, throw this in your sig and show your support for the furball!

:salute
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: introducing....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 08:04:42 AM »
F.A.A.T

Took off from a base today in a sector with the biggest dar, thinking oh goody, there is a good fight going on down there so I level at 9K ( I was in my La-5 so that is my preferred altitude)
and then when I get in range of the base, I look down, see nothing, and think to myself, oh wow, they are so low to the water I cant even see their icons, then as I got closer looked up, and as I said, I was at 9K, and this massive cloud of about 25 -30 planes, all enemy, was just loitering at what seemed like 18 to 25k over the base doing nothing!, there were tons of friendlies taking off below that would be easy pickings, but no most of them just hung out way up there, a few came down, made one pass then ran away, and that was my night in TT, so I went to the DA and had fun in real furballs.

so for all you guys who just enjoy the furball and don't want to worry about alt monkeys, throw this in your sig and show your support for the furball!

:salute

they were doing something.

they were trying to lure guys like you into the area, and they probably thought that whomever came would assume a low alt fight was on.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
we had the same amount of planes as them in the area, and all they did was sit up there with a huge advantage, it was just weird, it could have been a great fight but they never made a move
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:22 AM »
Fight???? What's that? Certainly nothing you would see in the MAs on TT!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 08:30:30 AM »
The AvA arena saw lots of people and lots of good fights.  A great alternative to TT or anytime the main arenas are seeming especially lame.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »
F.A.A.T

so I level at 9K ( I was in my La-5 so that is my preferred altitude)

Alt tard  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »
The AvA arena saw lots of people and lots of good fights.  A great alternative to TT or anytime the main arenas are seeming especially lame.

i found bombers up high. it was hard as hell to catch em in the ole 38g. i had a con follow me whil;e i was following him....i finally got the bombers, but lost an engine in the process....got careless. then, watching the con that was stalking me(i was hiding on the deck), i hit the water.  :rofl

before that though, was constant fights low alt, and afterwards too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »

If nothing else, IMADOT is an opportunist!  Any thread that has a negative spin on the arenas, he's right there plugging the AvA!! I love it!  IMADOT, I have passed your resume along to our company's marketing and exploitation group...you're gonna be a rich man.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »
im not blaming anything on the arenas, but for some reason less and less people are going out and looking for a real fight, it is happening in the DA too, which is suprising
Ла-5 Пилот снова

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »
im not blaming anything on the arenas, but for some reason less and less people are going out and looking for a real fight, it is happening in the DA too, which is suprising

Yeah, it's funny to me to look at the radar in the DA when there are a bunch of people in the arena and see blobs of red off of each base and a reluctance to move to the middle.  When you fly over to that blob you will find that many of the cons are between 15 and 20k.  The blob waits for one con to venture in then they dive on him like a flock of gulls after a french fry and compete with each other to see who can get the kill before the other one.  Once they have a massed an amazing 2 kills in their tempest, they run back and land and show how awesome they are for being the fastest gull to the fry.   
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »
If nothing else, IMADOT is an opportunist!  Any thread that has a negative spin on the arenas, he's right there plugging the AvA!! I love it!  IMADOT, I have passed your resume along to our company's marketing and exploitation group...you're gonna be a rich man.

Changeup

a few of us do the same thing.

:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »

no it's not.

no one can handle losing a fight anymore. well....most can't.

come to the ava, and see how many people laugh at themselves when they lose a fight
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »
Yeah, it's funny to me to look at the radar in the DA when there are a bunch of people in the arena and see blobs of red off of each base and a reluctance to move to the middle.  When you fly over to that blob you will find that many of the cons are between 15 and 20k.  The blob waits for one con to venture in then they dive on him like a flock of gulls after a french fry and compete with each other to see who can get the kill before the other one.  Once they have a massed an amazing 2 kills in their tempest, they run back and land and show how awesome they are for being the fastest gull to the fry.   

Yeah, it saddens me when I see this in the DA.  :cry

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 10:43:46 AM »

SunBat :salute

I stopped going in there regularly about a year ago for that very reason, along with pilots making UNBELIEVEABLE shots (another F3 story).   To tell you the truth, what made me move on was one night on one of the small fields with:  SunBat, MugZ, Grizz, Squat2, JunkyII, MtnMan, Kappa, Suns, Ardy123, ElBurro, Agent360, Hlbly, Flench, and Dodger.  I still have the video of it...first red guy you see is called out on open VOX and you get it on.  I had been a DA lake guy for the first year I played the game...every single night.  Why is this important?  In my 45 year old, new-to-online-gaming opinion, they embody the character of how the game should be played.  They had fun flying and dying...no egos seemed to be present, lots of questions (mostly me....SunBat, how are you able to be in a dive while climbing?) a ton of laughing and they all talked about having fun with the free planes and learning to fight low and slow and personal without it being personal;  all of them would answer any question you had.  No ankle humping here....I got smoked early and often but it was fun because of listening to them have a great time with NO VOX200 johnson-measuring...the guys that are good don't have to talk about it.

Point?  The only way anyone gets better is die a lot....you can't die a lot if you are hanging out at 25K AGL waiting on some noob to climb his way up to you or running to your gaggle of green fellas.  I love the 51 argument heard on VOX every night..."Im not gonna turn with a Spit, that is why I'm running"....I can think of a number of P51 drivers and other alt-friendly planes that turn with Spits everytime I see them...and I die every time...I guess at some point they made the decision to "fight" (and learn that plane).  Even in a game, people want "safe" instead of risk...that won't change until there is more value placed on skill than pride...I was lucky...I was accidently taught by those guys that skill matters and there isn't much skill needed to fight with a group of friendlies (Yes I do it too because going to find a fight generally means others are already there but I don't mind diving into a horde just to see how many I can kill before I see blood on the canopy or my lights go out) but running when you see a blob of red?  Does anyone really think that when its 9 v 1 that the one guy has no skill?  He has no OPTIONS and there's a difference...and that is when you learn IMHO.  I hate it too but really the only thing that pisses me off about that is that I have to fly all the way back to the fight after I die...and that takes too much time! lol

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »
I would fly into a 10v1 any day if I knew they wouldnt run away from me, happened in the DA last night pretty late too, was on the deck, I spoted 3 cons, two temps and an F4U, first temp dove turned once, when I went to turn with him, second temp came screaming in and took my horizontal stab, I then shot at the first temp, missed, he ran, meanwhile temp #2 is in his zoom climb and F4U is diving in, I reverse the F4U take his wing, and after that while the temp was diving on me he just broke off and went home with no kills this has happened to me in the MA before, and I just cant figure out why people are like this???
Ла-5 Пилот снова