Author Topic: The 'Old Clouds' and a More Realistic Fighting Environment  (Read 941 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: The 'Old Clouds' and a More Realistic Fighting Environment
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:16:48 AM »
Clouds offer a pleasant distraction to the predictable norm. Varying locations, varying alts make them a blast
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
Clouds offer a pleasant distraction to the predictable norm. Varying locations, varying alts make them a blast

yep......

in the ava, they're at different altitudes, they're more realistic, and they move too. on the twin rivers map, there's even dust storms.  i wouldn't be surprised if one of the pacific setups(which have a VERY realistic 5 mile vis right now) were to suddenly develop fog rolling in on some of the coastal bases.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »
lol dont forget about the Wind also playing a roll with those clouds moving in and out took some time getting used to that also stinks watching your bullets miss due to a wind gust  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »
Iam Missing the Bad Weather Front that crosses the Map in 12 hours Like it was once in AH1
We flew B17 raids in High alt and dived in Bad weatherclouds than the sky cleared and the clouds where behind
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:22:07 PM by tassos »
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »
lol dont forget about the Wind also playing a roll with those clouds moving in and out took some time getting used to that also stinks watching your bullets miss due to a wind gust  :lol :lol :lol :lol

that;'s what i mean....all of these little things just add more to the fun.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »
yep......

in the ava, they're at different altitudes, they're more realistic, and they move too. on the twin rivers map, there's even dust storms.  i wouldn't be surprised if one of the pacific setups(which have a VERY realistic 5 mile vis right now) were to suddenly develop fog rolling in on some of the coastal bases.  :devil

there was a MA map last week or so where one of the knight ports was fogged in most of the time, it made for great battles on land and air, you'd park your GV and you could hear the enemy GV's but couldn't see them until the fog bank moved then you had a few minutes before the next one rolled in, it was challenging and great fun
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »
there was a MA map last week or so where one of the knight ports was fogged in most of the time, it made for great battles on land and air, you'd park your GV and you could hear the enemy GV's but couldn't see them until the fog bank moved then you had a few minutes before the next one rolled in, it was challenging and great fun

there was one like that a couple of years ago, when i was flying with the playmates. we had just lost the port, and iw as on my way to pork a gv base.....was asked to divert to the port for the re-take. i couldn't hit anything, 'cause i couldn't see it.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"