Author Topic: See you later drones!  (Read 381 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
See you later drones!
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:50:45 AM »
I dont know if its just me or if its happening with other people, but it seems that every now and then my drones will fly away during takeoff in the other direction and dissapear forever. I dont think this is right.... :noid This has been going on for months too and it still hasnt been fixed! when is HTC going to fix this???    :mad:

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: See you later drones!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:07:22 AM »
You have to be above a certain altitude before your drones follow you (100ft AGL?).  If you turn before that, they will continue strait and blow up.

If you don't think that's the issue, I suggest getting it on film, I bet it can be explained after that.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 01:01:10 AM »
i havent got it on film yet but when they dissapear they dont come back even when i dont turn

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
I have seen this a few times as well, it has even been reported here before.

Usually it happens when sitting on runway, when the terrain slopes down off the end of the runway where you spawn in from. The drones will coast down the sloped terrain and after they get so fast they turn and fly away. They even seem to fly backwards for a short time.

I have seen film of it happening but don't have the film anymore.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 09:40:36 AM »
When taking off, I always fly strait until the drones form up on my left and right, and never have lost a drone.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »
My suggestion is get film and note terrain and base number. It must be base and terrain specific because I have never had it happen to me but like I stated earlier I have seen film since it did happen to a squaddie and they ran backwards from the runway and down the hill.

edit: here is the thread that my squad mate started a while ago, it has the film in it.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,283935.0.html

see if this is the problem you are witnessing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:54:41 AM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »
It has happened to me several times before.  The moment I spawn in, two of my drones takeoff going the opposite way and just keep on going till they pop.  :huh   Only happened at select fields on certain maps. 

Posted film of this a few months ago in here.  Probably hard to duplicate so harder to pinpoint the problem.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 01:38:29 PM »
I've seen it happen to other people on multiple occasions, but I thought it was just lag.  I didn't know they actually lost those drones.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 07:40:38 PM »
Could it be an issue of taking off with a full bomb and fuel load and the drones are not clearing the terrain and crashing... :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 07:42:28 PM »
Could it be an issue of taking off with a full bomb and fuel load and the drones are not clearing the terrain and crashing... :salute

I think he's referring to the "helium drones" - while you still sit at spawn point they get in the air and "fly" quickly away backwards while gaining altitude rapidly.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman