Author Topic: define a squeker  (Read 1408 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: define a squeker
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »
DERK everyone of us were squeakers at one point. its like puberty, its one of those things we all must pass through in order to grow into something more on the other side.

it is fun for those of us that have managed to go through it already to pick on those who have not yet made it to the other side, we do it because we are secretly very self conscious of our own squeaker past so we take our prior discomfort out on those who come after.

most of the playful picking on and harassment you will receive is done purely in good humored jest without malice or angst, alot of those who are doing the fun poking will additionally hide within their sarcasm some tiny bits of constructive criticism, that if you manage to separate from the surrounding joke and take to heart, will help you to grow as a person within the community and maybe within yourself as well.

as an example of this, look back within this thread to just Bald Eagl's most recent posting. he is picking on you, he is being a touch sarcastic, but he does hold within a subtle message that will teach you a little something more than what you were asking for if you take the time to look. can you tell me what that little lesson might be?

this is not true with all, many will be arses just to be arses, it is part of the learning process that you learn how to separate the two from each other and figure out who is worth listening to and who should just be squelched.

GOOD LUCK Derk, if nothing else this will be fun to watch  :D
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 10:09:19 AM »
I think you may already answered your own question by the multiple posts.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »

or......

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »
SqueAkers are those that end up in my TEEN SQUELCH HACK filters.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 03:11:08 PM »
Play by plays and calling out stuff when someone else has already said it a dozen times. That and some kids sing, I blame Justin Bieber.

there some old guys that talk to much, should they be squeakers?

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 05:33:48 PM »
No, they're ramblers.    :old:

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 07:30:18 PM »
 :rofl

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 07:31:03 PM »
i squeak... therefore i am... :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
LOL!

Thanks for the chuckles Derk13.

Yes you are a Squeeker, but I think we'll keep you anyway :lol

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21:55 PM »
haha oops squeker lmao wtf is that haha

If you really want to know, this post gave you away instantly.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 02:06:31 AM »
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 10:51:15 AM »
plz what is your definition of a squeker in the game, and tell me what makes them annoying to you. Do you have any problems with a mature squeker, do they bother you?
Yes Redtail, please do tell...This isnt a grudge is it?  I mean picking you off like a scab hasn't seriously gotten to ya this badly to where u must post it on the BBS?  :devil
Do I get to you?  :lol  :neener:
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »
Look for spelling and grammar.  Those who continued to misspell squeaker, even though it has been spelled correctly numerous times in this thread, are probably squeakers.

FIXED.

Does that make you a squeaker?

:lol

Anyway Derk, you have to keep that when a boy's voice hasn't dropped yet (or is still in the process of doing so) its sound can be quite annoying to an adults ears.  To make matters even worse, for some reason when it gets transmitted it becomes SUPER DUPER EXTRA MEGA annoying!  Don't believe me?  Put your name in the VOX channel box and you can hear yourself speak.

And to make matter even MORE worse, the younger crowd tends to like to talk... A LOT.  Maybe it's because they are excited and eager, or maybe it's because they just can't wait to get out there and make new friends online.  Either case isn't necessarily bad, but when you have a voice that's already grating on peoples' nerves, then constant chatter really isn't making things any better.

The squad I belong to has had a few squeakers in its time, the most recently being probably the most well known (not necessarily in a good way) squeaker on these boards.  I won't mention his call sign, but it would be toll-free to call him.  Anyway, he is a decent stick... a REAL decent stick with a lot of raw talent, but the poor kid just couldn't keep his mouth shut.  We all pretty much got into the habit of typing .vsquelch hisname every time we heard him speak, but I would swear that once every ten minutes he would log off and back on again, because we'd have to do it again!  It got so ridiculous that we finally begged our CO to just ask him to leave.  And this isn't a small squad!

Really though the reason we had to get rid of him wasn't so much his voice, and it wasn't so much the fact that he talked all the time... oh no.. either one of those qualities could be dealt with.  Our biggest issue with him was the fact that when his mouth opened up, all of a sudden he know more than us.. or he knew better than we did.  It was his lack of respect that really did him in.  Kids often don't know where to draw the line as to that sort of thing.  They learn something new and I don't know if it's that they think we forget things.. or they actually do think they know more than us... but regardless they often tend to think they know better and make sure to tell us ALL ABOUT IT!  There are usually more tactful ways to get your point across (without offending everybody around you) but kids your age almost never have developed those abilities.

So you want to fly with the BIG BOYS do you?  OK here's what you do:

1>  KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.  Unless you see someone on a squaddie's six... don't use your mic... type it out.  When your voice drops you can start talking more, but for now keep it on the down-low.
2>  NEVER ARGUE AGAINST THE C.O.'S ORDERS.  Even if you have a differing opinion, don't tell them about it.  Just do what's on the menu and if you don't like it, then go fly by yourself for a bit.  You have to earn your spot as a respected member of your squad in order to 'earn' the right to publicly disagree with the C.O. (or just about any other squad member for that matter).  This usually happens right after your voice drops.  Don't worry, this rule tend to apply to non-squeakers too.
3>  DO NOT UNDER *ANY* CIRCUMSTANCES OFFER TO TEACH ANYONE ANYTHING.  If they come to you asking for help it is OK, and there is no better honor in the game than to have a squaddie come to you for help.. ok having an enemy ask for your help would be more honorable but we're talking about squad mates here.
4>  WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR A PLAY-BY-PLAY OF YOUR DOGFIGHT AGAINST GRIZZ.  Why?  Because chances are that we've been through the exact same thing!  If it's THAT important then type it out.. or better yet make a play-by-play guide complete with pictures (and maybe movies) and post it on your squad's website... or here.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
SqueAkers are those that end up in my TEEN SQUELCH HACK filters.

Oh hush... at your age you probably think people in their 40's are squeakers.

:D
 :bolt:
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.