Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6232 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »
A victory for those that like to be unopposed.  :aok

Heh.

- oldman

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »
yippee

I'm just glad we are getting closer to the point of no longer having any LW hotrods to add, and we can get to the big holes in the Axis and Russian planesets.

There are no hangar queens in the SEA and AvA.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »
They'll have to handicap it in some way to keep from killing the game.

From the picture on the main page, it is safe to assume that it's the A model that we'll be getting.  Honestly, other than extending the runways to so the B-29 could take off (Currently, runways aren't long enough) there really isn't anything that needs to be done for the sake of game play that would require the B-29 to be nerfed in anyway.

It's going to take a long time for the B-29 to climb to high altitudes, and they will be extremely vulnerable at this stage.  They're going to be a tricky nut to crack but I look at it as a challenge.  I can honestly say that I have turned completely around about the B-29 since I did a little more in-depth research into both the A and B models.  Other than a hefty perk price and maybe only allowing single ships instead of formations, I don't see any negatives to the B-29 being added.  

If we had gotten the B model instead, well, then maybe my views wouldn't have changed that readily.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2010, 04:05:02 PM »
Sounds like good business to me.

by pleasing the vocal minority?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2010, 04:05:35 PM »
yippee

I'm just glad we are getting closer to the point of no longer having any LW hotrods to add, and we can get to the big holes in the Axis and Russian planesets.

There are no hangar queens in the SEA and AvA.
:aok Well said.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
Sounds like good business to me.

Of course it does.  You're on the good side of it. ;)

Just because someone's been here longer doesn't mean they're necessarily going to make a choice that is better in line with what the game actually needs.  There is no qualification for having been here for longer other than having a credit card and the money to keep paying it off.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:50 PM »
by pleasing the vocal minority?

By rewarding customer loyalty and giving others an incentive to be loyal. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2010, 04:14:02 PM »
I say add the B-32 'Dominator' to the next aircraft poll because we can never have to many American planes. After all if it wasn't for us Britain would be speaking Japanese and Australia would be speaking German.  :aok
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
Just because someone's been here longer doesn't mean they're necessarily going to make a choice that is better in line with what the game actually needs.  There is no qualification for having been here for longer other than having a credit card and the money to keep paying it off.

Well that would be a good point if that were my point, but it's not my point for two reasons.  First, because it was not the point that I made in the first place; my point was to reward loyalty.  Second, it's not my point because it's not a good point because I didn't make that point and I only make good points so since I didn't make that point it means it's not a good point.  

Capice?
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2010, 04:21:08 PM »
The people have spoken.  Enough said.

Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2010, 04:21:25 PM »
Good thing this wasn't a poll of what we "need,"  it was a poll of what we "want!"

They've been filling holes a lot, Brewster, I-16, Betty.  Also, you can get more votes than me once you start paying more than me.  :aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »
By rewarding customer loyalty and giving others an incentive to be loyal.  

so at what point does some ones vote become equal to long time customers, when they start voting fighters? btw i voted b29 since the ki45 was knocked out.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2010, 04:23:02 PM »
I think that in the next poll there should be a factor added to each person's vote based on their years as a subscriber to at least try to remotely reflect some value given to faithful customers.  When I was a two week noob I would have voted for the B-29 as well.

<- Four year noob and longtime fan of the B-29.  WTG HTC!  :aok

Why not ask that only the cool and omnipotent clique of uber bbs pilots be allowed to vote?  

Non-uber paying customers surely don't know that they should really want some Early/Mid War fighter (so they can get slaughtered by the folks who championed the new "gap filler", while choosing to stay in the Late War monsters they have down to a science).

Having the B29 win the "poll" proves to me this sim/game is heading more and more towards being an arcade style of game.  Yeah, go ahead and put the " :cry " in under my quote, but the fact remains that people voted more for what is familiar to them rather than what is more true to the AH realm.  The number of gaping holes in the plane line up is so obvious to those of us who know of thing or two about WWII.  

Ah well... life goes on.  I just hope the thing gets perked beyond belief and has no drones available.    

How many "gap fillers" like the C.202, Spit I, F4F, P-39D or P-40B do you fly on a regular basis?  Why does every addition have to be some kind of "gap filler" when so much of the planeset is largely ignored by the customer base?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2010, 04:23:15 PM »
Also, you can get more votes than me once you start paying more than me.  :aok

I do pay more then you and so does everyone else that lives in Texas.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »
I do pay more then you and so does everyone else that lives in Texas.

Sales tax is not my problem.  :lol
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.